Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

19 hours ago, Stepo said:

It's not a car, maybe not the right thread..….but a bloody good price for a 4 spoke steering wheel.

Care needs to be taken with correct spline

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-Steering-Wheel-911-928-944-924/283208845754?hash=item41f09009ba:g:U7AAAOSwa6Jbxp9e:rk:187:pf:0&LH_Auction=1

96434708400 (02 verl) - looks to be from a 964 according to a search of the code on the wheel...

The Bowden Car is one of the other 2 ........I think the car that sold was the  Paul Carthew owned car ...?

Bowden Car has different livery ..and I think it was Moffats personal car ..

Bowden has all 4 of Moffats Falcons Phase 1 to 4 ,,,their collection is incredible to say least ..

Phase-IV-Falcon.jpg

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Not a Porsche ...........but still interesting ...one of the 3 remaining Phase 4 Falcons went under the Auction Hammer for just over $2 million 

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/price-australia-apos-most-expensive-200200329.html

imagev19cd790215ed555d0b64a087b3607b282-

“Sold” by Lloyd’s... 

should we start taking overs/unders on when it’s going to be relisted??

6 hours ago, Jason A said:

Oh, didn’t realise they did 2 cars for Moffat. 

I was a bit surprised that they would have sold it. The family tell some great stories about that particular car.

They sold it once when they hit financial problems and bought it back again.  I don’t see the bowdens car coming up for sale for a very very long time.  In fact until it’s a very old car and nobody remembers who Moffat was or what a falcon was and why anyone would race one.

As an aside - the writing in that article is atrocious, full of errors and repetitions.  Worse than the auto-ad writing bots on carsales.