Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

7 minutes ago, hugh said:

Narrow body impact bumper, riding on cookies in a cool 70’s colour - how can one not be excited by that? 

These very early impacts on cookies look so sweet to me especially in a 70's colour. He's extremely ambitious in his pricing. The one (same?) at the Healey factory looked really nice in the flesh - should be around 70k with a sporto imo .... early sportos were almost the most unloved 911 ever .... not now

3 hours ago, 901er said:

I bet all you backdater’s will be digging around in your garages before long looking for those big bumpers to put back on

Naaaah. Hate the things ? Sold all of mine anyway

5 hours ago, hugh said:

Don't mention the war! 

I do love to stir things up ?

Did anyone here pick up the 73 metallic gold 911E?

zg4tjjafa2v7phef7uzp20ns3.jpg?pxc_method

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5461074/

It was originally listed at $120k, then "Price Drop , accepting offers over $ 85k ,dropping price to sell as moving overseas soon so must go "

?I'm glad I didn't notice the price drop or I would have had a mini crisis.

44 minutes ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

It was originally listed at $120k, then "Price Drop , accepting offers over $ 85k ,dropping price to sell as moving overseas soon so must go "

Superb looking car

1 hour ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

It dropped in price over a week ago.. and has just sat.. I had it well and truly tyre kicked…an OK buy ..but where is the market at the moment????? your guess is as good as mine..

1 hour ago, symsy said:

It dropped in price over a week ago.. and has just sat.. I had it well and truly tyre kicked…an OK buy ..but where is the market at the moment????? your guess is as good as mine..

Damn.  I used to get "price drop" emails from carsales, but I haven't had one in ages.  The photos look like it was in great condition. 

The colour wouldn't be my first pick, but I still think it looks fantastic.  You're right though - This would have been listed at $140-150k a year or two ago.

30 minutes ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

Damn.  I used to get "price drop" emails from carsales, but I haven't had one in ages.  The photos look like it was in great condition. 

The colour wouldn't be my first pick, but I still think it looks fantastic.  You're right though - This would have been listed at $140-150k a year or two ago.

You need to have it listed in your favourites or saved list? 

12 hours ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

Yeah, it was.  Weird.  Then again, I don't get emails from half the searches I've setup so maybe it's just me.

Carsales emails are pretty random for me too. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Pretty much a VW Type IV motor from memory. 

I knew they existed as I have some small info on the model 923 in a Porsche Book ,,,quite a unique and limited car with most likely very few original examples still around  ,,,Just  not something I would find desirable ...

Any way you look at it that's bloody cheap for a Porsche, especially for a unique car. Type 4 engine would be a much better proposition than an earlier 1600 as they push Kombi's along just fine, so in a small car it would hoot along nicely I imagine 

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

Any way you look at it that's bloody cheap for a Porsche, especially for a unique car. Type 4 engine would be a much better proposition than an earlier 1600 as they push Kombi's along just fine, so in a small car it would hoot along nicely I imagine 

Or go feral .... http://aircooledtechnology.com/

I looked into a modded Type 4 engine for my 66 after I got some full rebuild quotes (a.k.a WTF?) for the stock donk. They're nearly as much as a Porsche engine! Plus all the rooting around with fitting it etc. Pass!  

This car above is a bargain in my opinion. Drive it and see good the bigger engine would be. I reckon it would surprise a few old 2.0/2.2/2.4 911's in the right hands