Jump to content
wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Dreamr said:

You've got to wonder what's going on here ...

"Australian Delivered" but it has US bumpers and wipers ... :blink:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bella-vista/auto-body-parts/porsche-911-turbo-australian-delivered-factory-rhd/1203548088

I don’t think the picture is of the actual car. Ad says no rear quarters, pic show quarters. He must have used the pic for reference only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Be interesting to see if they get near that figure, a couple of years ago $500 - $600 seemed to be around the mark

 

Rarely sold, probably just based on current UK 'ask'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rafikdous said:

I don’t think the picture is of the actual car. Ad says no rear quarters, pic show quarters. He must have used the pic for reference only

I wonder why he didn't use a nice photo for reference then?

25 k for a bare shell with no quarter panels....plus another $30k for engine + box.  Ok, you're at 55k for a body frame + engine?  Bit hard to test drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the deal with sellers putting up the price on their cars when they don’t sell? Is it just to give the low ballers a new starting figure?

Been watching the Cayenne market - not much selling and a couple have been putting prices up rather than down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think its the sellers have been told to sell their cars by her indoors. They list it at price A, then when they get some interest they get scared that it will actually sell so they put the price up and say 'I'm trying to sell it darling, but it's a tough market at the moment. If you want a new kitchen with fancy benchtops/shoes/new wardrobes/Kia Carnival people mover, you're just going to have to wait, as I'm not giving it away' 

 Or they're just idiots 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard dealer tactics.

Drop the price in increments for a while to shake up some interest...to a price thats still over the market. 

Then, when it doesn't sell, they bump them up and do it all again hoping there's a new buyer out there looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Typ9xx said:

Standard dealer tactics.

Drop the price in increments for a while to shake up some interest...to a price thats still over the market. 

Then, when it doesn't sell, they bump them up and do it all again hoping there's a new buyer out there looking. 

Particularly with types of cars that have a reasonable market ie.. plenty of the car styles and plenty of people that usually buy those styles

 

 

On 10/12/2018 at 15:00, 99TS3 said:

SOLD. That was quick....

l6e1zzq83hu75j4rz8wiz6v55.jpg?width=294&height=196&aspect=centered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

SOLD. That was quick....

l6e1zzq83hu75j4rz8wiz6v55.jpg?width=294&height=196&aspect=centered

Wow. I don't think we will see another one listed for a while. It's been about 8 years since the last one from memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LeeM said:

 I think its the sellers have been told to sell their cars by her indoors. They list it at price A, then when they get some interest they get scared that it will actually sell so they put the price up and say 'I'm trying to sell it darling, but it's a tough market at the moment. If you want a new kitchen with fancy benchtops/shoes/new wardrobes/Kia Carnival people mover, you're just going to have to wait, as I'm not giving it away' 

 Or they're just idiots 😁

Used that line many many time. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonoF said:

Used that line many many time. ;)

“Wife says must Sell”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonoF said:

Used that line many many time. ;)

  With your track record, I didn't want to mention any names or point fingers Jono 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Typ9xx said:

Standard dealer tactics.

Drop the price in increments for a while to shake up some interest...to a price thats still over the market. 

Then, when it doesn't sell, they bump them up and do it all again hoping there's a new buyer out there looking. 

Yes and there is one dealer here in Melb who is a master of the rubbish.

Their reaction when you tell them the market is not strong enough to maintain that price...they berate you for this observation...then reduce the value two weeks later, rustles my jimmies.

If you buy a car from these sort of dealers, I feel for you.

 

p.s. I will not be mentioning names as I am sure they check out these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, D2000 said:

What is the deal with sellers putting up the price on their cars when they don’t sell? Is it just to give the low ballers a new starting figure?

Been watching the Cayenne market - not much selling and a couple have been putting prices up rather than down

I kinda keep an eye on that market, I am guessing its like the sub $20k Boxster market, its full of cheapskate owners who think they are sitting on gold?  

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

If you want a new kitchen with fancy benchtops/shoes/new wardrobes/Kia Carnival people mover, you're just going to have to wait, as I'm not giving it away' 

I kinda don't blame them if its the case... every time I get home and walk in the front door, all I see is a cup car and that nice dual axle Nevco, then there is that 912 engagement ring on her finger... :lol: where do i stop? Oh thats right there is still the Macan Turbo in remodelling to go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edgy said:

I kinda keep an eye on that market, I am guessing its like the sub $20k Boxster market, its full of cheapskate owners who think they are sitting on gold?

Probably right. They way most of them now get serviced (ie not much and at non-Porsche/specialist workshops) is consistent with the cheapskate part!  And no doubt they are all taking a big depreciation hit vs what they bought them for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave986 said:

Yes and there is one dealer here in Melb who is a master of the rubbish.

Their reaction when you tell them the market is not strong enough to maintain that price...they berate you for this observation...then reduce the value two weeks later, rustles my jimmies.

If you buy a car from these sort of dealers, I feel for you.

 

p.s. I will not be mentioning names as I am sure they check out these forums.

Somehow I don't think we're the target market for those dealers. Their target customer would be the ill-informed aspirant, who pays well over the odds tied in with a crappy finance deal to boot because it's the only way to get behind the wheel of a <insert make and model>.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Particularly with types of cars that have a reasonable market ie.. plenty of the car styles and plenty of people that usually buy those styles

 

 

SOLD. That was quick....

l6e1zzq83hu75j4rz8wiz6v55.jpg?width=294&height=196&aspect=centered

I think for a car like the turbo s they will always find a buyer in the end at their asking prices as these cars are just too rare. It doesn't surprise me that it sold as quick as it did and I'm pretty sure it went for close to the asking price if not the asking price itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, D2000 said:

Probably right. They way most of them now get serviced (ie not much and at non-Porsche/specialist workshops) is consistent with the cheapskate part!  And no doubt they are all taking a big depreciation hit vs what they bought them for

Which doesn't help us proper owners who look after their vehicles and if we put our Boxsters up, they are tarred with the same brush...fml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave986 said:

proper owners who look after their vehicles

problem is proper ownership is a very very special Enigma in Pcar world . 

Dont Drive it trouble 

Drive it too much trouble

Know what toilet paper the owner used 30 years ago impressed

Dont vacuum ur car deals off 

Next gen Porsche buyers are special , I think I’m gonna write a book of quotes from my recent selling experiences 

Race car - Where’s the stereo 

78 car - Does it have seat warmers 

Race car driver , do they always put the steering wheel and pedals in that funny position ? 

😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, symsy said:

problem is proper ownership is a very very special Enigma in Pcar world . 

Dont Drive it trouble 

Drive it too much trouble

Know what toilet paper the owner used 30 years ago impressed

Dont vacuum ur car deals off 

Next gen Porsche buyers are special , I think I’m gonna write a book of quotes from my recent selling experiences 

Race car - Where’s the stereo 

78 car - Does it have seat warmers 

Race car driver , do they always put the steering wheel and pedals in that funny position ? 

😀

 

 Brilliant 

Never driven to the track.........ive got a trailer for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 06:40, Troubleshooter said:

 

SOLD. That was quick....

l6e1zzq83hu75j4rz8wiz6v55.jpg?width=294&height=196&aspect=centered

Still on the CTS site, so those who were all disappointed that it sold can still go grab it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...