Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

yep
"does it have park assist"

mate if you have trouble parking a car as small as a 911, catch the bus

You know you’re a good driver when you can’t park a 911 without cameras. I never get seeing old 911s with aftermarket massive stereos and rear parking cameras. It’s generally their biggest selling point in an ad, it would be the first thing I remove

On 13 December 2018 at 01:15, Harold996tt said:

I think for a car like the turbo s they will always find a buyer in the end at their asking prices as these cars are just too rare. It doesn't surprise me that it sold as quick as it did and I'm pretty sure it went for close to the asking price if not the asking price itself. 

What was the asking price?  There was one at fitzgeralds a couple of years ago, black, from memory peter said the owner had rejected an offer of $550k.  It was not for sale.....😳

10 hours ago, Mttel said:

Rather large gaps in the service history.....

Can't say the script on the front guards impresses me, original????

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

At least it has the log book...  Notes say "oil light on" though ☹️

50 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

It wouldn’t be going through Grays if it was a one owner, regularly serviced, highly original, never tracked, matching number garage queen.....

this is one of those moments where you click bid now and hope for the best ! 

I like it for that reason 😎

12 hours ago, Mttel said:

Anyone close to Dandenong with time to kick some tires on Monday and report back ? I’m with @Coastr on its tempting click bait, if, as Steve says dosnt get to ridiculous money

13 hours ago, Mttel said:

So ... a bit of background on this one.

It was traded in with one of the Porsche dealerships, and was put through auction about 6 months back .. can't remember which site but could have been Manheim or even Grays ...

Didn't sell the 3 or 4 times it went through ... was far from reserve. I remember that they wanted mid 20's for it. I actually won the auction the first time it went through but at well under reserve ...

I don't know if it eventually sold or this is from the same dealership.

I remember that @michel went to check it out and posted his findings on one of the threads on here ... can't remember which one though ...

If it's the same owners, they'll be wanting in the 20's ... if it's the buyer, they'll be wanting their money back ...

I think due diligence should be applied here ...

40 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

So ... a bit of background on this one.

It was traded in with one of the Porsche dealerships, and was put through auction about 6 months back .. can't remember which site but could have been Manheim or even Grays ...

Didn't sell the 3 or 4 times it went through ... was far from reserve. I remember that they wanted mid 20's for it. I actually won the auction the first time it went through but at well under reserve ...

I don't know if it eventually sold or this is from the same dealership.

I remember that @michel went to check it out and posted his findings on one of the threads on here ... can't remember which one though ...

If it's the same owners, they'll be wanting in the 20's ... if it's the buyer, they'll be wanting their money back ...

I think due diligence should be applied here ...

I think it was being sold at Pickles auctions?

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Very possibly ... I just can't remember which one it was but I do have an account with Pickles ...

I noticed it at pickles and phoned up about it if it’s not the same car it’s very close to the one they couldn’t sell,and that one was a buyer beware but it could be a different car.

2 hours ago, Tips said:

Anyone close to Dandenong with time to kick some tires on Monday and report back ? I’m with @Coastr on its tempting click bait, if, as Steve says dosnt get to ridiculous money

If you look on Stuttgart.com I think you’ll find it’s the same car that pickles had I phoned the last garage to service it and the mechanic told me enough about it that you would never pay top price for it,hope that helps if anyone is interested in it.

19 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I noticed it at pickles and phoned up about it if it’s not the same car it’s very close to the one they couldn’t sell,and that one was a buyer beware but it could be a different car.

It's the same car .... haven't seen another with the 924 Turbo sticker on the guard and the GT on the back ...

It ended up on carsales and eventually sold ... didn't have the oil light on back then ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/OAG-AD-15914012?_ga=2.172426720.234011431.1529661221-1690455678.1520480594

1 minute ago, Dreamr said:

It's the same car .... haven't seen another with the 924 Turbo sticker on the guard and the GT on the back ...

It ended up on carsales and eventually sold ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/OAG-AD-15914012?_ga=2.172426720.234011431.1529661221-1690455678.1520480594

Let’s just say it doesn’t run like it should,it is definitely the same car.

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

It ended up on carsales and eventually sold ... didn't have the oil light on back then ...

8 hours ago, MARTY said:

Let’s just say it doesn’t run like it should,it is definitely the same car.

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

It's funny you say that ... michel's comment half way down says the same thing ... 6 months ago ..

5 hours ago, 3legs said:

Also why the speedo change at 72k kms?

Well that answers that then, computer says no.

9 hours ago, Arnage said:

A C4S 996 2003/MY04 was on Carsales this morning for $60k. No pics or info only silver & (I think) 120klms.

I thought it was a lot of car for the money, anyone here pic it up? Its not on Carsales any more.

I saw that and have a feeling there was a mistake in the ad and it is in fact this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16725136