wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 minutes ago, crsedge said:

What is being asked vs. what is being paid are two different things...

I’m well aware of that. 70k should buy a mint 2.7 I would have thought 

11 minutes ago, 901er said:

I’m well aware of that. 70k should buy a mint 2.7 I would have thought 

When you find them, could you please pass their number along to me, I'll buy as many as you can find.

20 minutes ago, 9er said:

When you find them, could you please pass their number along to me, I'll buy as many as you can find.

Really? So what’s a decent 2.7 selling for @9er

13 minutes ago, 901er said:

I would have thought that ANY mint / decent condition air cooled G series would start at $90k for decent and go up from there for mint ...

It seems that the unloved 2.7's had their resurgence when the 3.0 and the 3.2 shot up well into the $100k's .. things have settled a bit but for an AUS delivered air cooled anything, $80k - $130k seems the mark.

Are they worth that?? It's the supply and demand factor .. Probably not but how many are left and where else are you going to get one ...

2 hours ago, 901er said:

To use your terms, to find a “mint” 2.7 that an owner is willing to part with, assuming he is market savvy I can’t see why he would sell it for under $100k.

The early G series narrow bodied cars are very hard to find in good condition let alone mint condition, but obviously I can only speak from my experience.

74-77 were low production years, plus the 2.7  narrowbody cars were treated poorly for a long time. The last original Oz del mint narrow coupe I have seen sold for well over $100k. 

2 hours ago, 9er said:

To use your terms, to find a “mint” 2.7 that an owner is willing to part with, assuming he is market savvy I can’t see why he would sell it for under $100k.

The early G series narrow bodied cars are very hard to find in good condition let alone mint condition, but obviously I can only speak from my experience.

Interesting, I had no idea they were at that level, should never have sold the one I had, not that it was ‘mint’. Shoulda coulda woulda....

2 hours ago, 901er said:

Shoulda coulda woulda....

We've all got one of those stories .. 😢

There's a nice 77 from Hong Kong (factory RHD) I saw tonight on Gumtree for $80k

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1977-porsche-911-coupe/1203024258?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android Price: $80,000 Negotiable Download the application from the Google Play Store. http://goo.gl/7NzhP

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

There's a nice 77 from Hong Kong (factory RHD) I saw tonight on Gumtree for $80k

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1977-porsche-911-coupe/1203024258?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android Price: $80,000 Negotiable Download the application from the Google Play Store. http://goo.gl/7NzhP

That’s gorgeous 👌. Love the cookies 

Might be of interest to someone want to improve the sound of their 997. I went from stock to 200 cel cats on a Boxster and it’s a definite improvement.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pascoe-vale/audio-gps-car-alarms/porsche-997-carrera-targa-c4s-cargraphic-sports-high-flow-200cel/1204245580?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

47 minutes ago, JLD said:

20 minutes ago, James P said:

looks like it just came up for sale.. I don't see it lasting long at that price.. 

Looks like a nice buy at that price of $70k..... but the devils in the detail  "We are here to sell and it will be sold to the highest offer. Cheers."

Phone lines are open and bidding starts nowB)

7 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Here we go... another one putting up a price to suck you into an auction

Place ya bets what it will go up to...I'll say $85-90k

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Here we go... another one putting up a price to suck you into an auction

Place ya bets what it will go up to...I'll say $85-90k

He's only 5 min from my house, I was tempted to rock around with 10k deposit in hand and see how long he wants to keep his "äuction" running with a genuine buyer standing in front of him with cash... I'm not placed to buy another atm so on with my day ....

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Looks like a nice buy at that price of $70k..... but the devils in the detail  "We are here to sell and it will be sold to the highest offer. Cheers."

It didn’t say that in the ad when first listed this morning.. 

Poor form!

Expect it is to do with the ad costs too. At $69,999 cheapest ad option is $108 for a standard ad. As soon as the price advertised is $70,000 + there is no Standard ad option, only the premium ad at $175. If that stingy with the ad costs, how have they been with the maintenance?

"We are here to sell and it will be sold to the highest offer. Cheers."

Saw the price and thought it seemed very good. Then also this. No number to actually call, just email. Hmmmmm 

Here's the drum... Sent this below 2 hours back......... and  imo, considering all current info, it's only worth the original starting price of $70k.

Hi Baz, a few details please ... original motor? original k's? original paint? Does it have the original books with a stamped service history? On the WOVR? What's unroadworthy on it? I'm in Ringwood, have folding cash, can be there soon as my questions are answered.... $70,000 is the price? Cheers, Geoff

Received this an hour back..  Here's the main grab and note, no answer to questions, original paint? original engine? and original k's? "Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to call everyone back, therefore, I am asking everyone to put forward their best offer together with any conditions pertaining to their offer, from there, I will then call one or two of the highest offers."

Hi Geoff, forgive me, its only been online for 3 hours and I already have 15 enquiries trying to persuade me to sell it to them. I honestly didn't expect this type of response, it is quite overwhelming. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to call everyone back, therefore, I am asking everyone to put forward their best offer together with any conditions pertaining to their offer, from there, I will then call one or two of the highest offers. In regards to your questions, no books, no WOVR, nothing unroadworthy however I am no mechanic, nor a hands on car guy, simply an admirer of the brand and particular model. It is obviously priced well given the amount of enquiries in such a short period and I would prefer a prompt, no fuss sale and your offer sounds like what I am after, however perhaps this car its not what you are looking for. Thank you for your enquiry, hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a happy new year. Cheers.

So he wants a quick sale yet wishes to entertain the 15 offers and waiting for the highest one, then will call the 2 who are the highest bidders to play them off against each other? 

Just sell the car idiot 

Just all start calling with the low offers , typical click bait strategy 

Some fool will buy it or he will keep it is my call, no educated buyer would touch a car that the seller knows shit about 

If he doesn’t have the details , maybe he should realise the interest is in the emperors new clothes 

sounds like a knob  I wouldn’t buy a car from unless it’s half price 

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

right on the money Symsy!

19 minutes ago, symsy said:

You wouldnt buy a car from ANYONE unless it was half price!! ... :LOL:

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Here's the drum... Sent this below 2 hours back......... and  imo, considering all current info, it's only worth the original starting price of $70k.

Hi Baz, a few details please ... original motor? original k's? original paint? Does it have the original books with a stamped service history? On the WOVR? What's unroadworthy on it? I'm in Ringwood, have folding cash, can be there soon as my questions are answered.... $70,000 is the price? Cheers, Geoff

Received this an hour back..  Here's the main grab and note, no answer to questions, original paint? original engine? and original k's? "Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to call everyone back, therefore, I am asking everyone to put forward their best offer together with any conditions pertaining to their offer, from there, I will then call one or two of the highest offers."

Hi Geoff, forgive me, its only been online for 3 hours and I already have 15 enquiries trying to persuade me to sell it to them. I honestly didn't expect this type of response, it is quite overwhelming. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to call everyone back, therefore, I am asking everyone to put forward their best offer together with any conditions pertaining to their offer, from there, I will then call one or two of the highest offers. In regards to your questions, no books, no WOVR, nothing unroadworthy however I am no mechanic, nor a hands on car guy, simply an admirer of the brand and particular model. It is obviously priced well given the amount of enquiries in such a short period and I would prefer a prompt, no fuss sale and your offer sounds like what I am after, however perhaps this car its not what you are looking for. Thank you for your enquiry, hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a happy new year. Cheers.

Its probably the same F-wit that sold the 924 a few weeks ago.. same crap email response