Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, JV911 said:

Not a Porsche, but just had to share this. The quality of the photography is amazing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Manual/SSE-AD-5836273

Yup seriously impressive photographic work there. Enough to convince someone to pay more than double what it’s worth on a good day?

Has anybody logged on to AH website lately? I thought I had gone to sleep and woken up in 2030 - there are 12 cars for sale starting at $845k (997 GT2 RS) and then drop to a paltry $260k (991 GTS). My man maths tots them up to just short of $5.7 million....

The first 6 or so cars I've never seen advertised before - looks like somebody is offloading their collection with some serious stuff now on the market......

Some other interesting cars under the drop sheets. looks like an RX3 savanna coupe under the white drop sheet next to it and a VH Brock commodore in front us what appears to be a red 964 under the blue. I'd be a happy man with all 4 in my garage👌💕😍🤑

On 23/01/2019 at 10:45, smit2100 said:

Perhaps  if not done so already, to answer your question you  need to driven a stock manual 996 turbo back to back with a targa and then drive a tweaked 996 turboo whilst keeping the boost gauge at zero so it's a fair comparison with the targa performance wise whilst rowing through the gears  but then stepping it up to see at least a 1 on the boost guage dial and then reflected on which one has the WOW factor and is the 6 figure car all day every day in normal economic conditions when your behind the wheel.

@cafe_racer  I agree with what @smit2100 has said.  I own a MY2003 manual 996tt and love it.  Spent ages flipping between this car and a 993.  They are VERY different cars.  And I imagine that the SC Targa is as well although I have not driven one.  Really depends what you want it for.  I haven't driven a bad P yet :)  The 996tt is a weapon.  You can drive it anywhere and get more fun out of it than the average or very capable amateur driver would need.  Mine has never had any changes to the original spec but I am told by plenty that one can get a huge performance increase if that's your thing with the legendary Metzker engine.  Can't help you with the relative values increase question though.  I didn't buy mine with ROI as a primary reason.  More like ROF ( fun ) !   

Go drive them back to back as he suggests ... same day ideally  !! 

Also - any reason why you are comparing these particular 2 models in the 911 classics range ?

4 hours ago, Tips said:

Some other interesting cars under the drop sheets. looks like an RX3 savanna coupe under the white drop sheet next to it and a VH Brock commodore in front us what appears to be a red 964 under the blue. I'd be a happy man with all 4 in my garage👌💕😍🤑

Looks more like an RX-2..  Or even an R100.  The rear side window looks too big for an RX-3.

Nicely spotted though.!

47 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

@cafe_racer  I agree with what @smit2100 has said.  I own a MY2003 manual 996tt and love it.  Spent ages flipping between this car and a 993.  They are VERY different cars.  And I imagine that the SC Targa is as well although I have not driven one.  Really depends what you want it for.  I haven't driven a bad P yet :)  The 996tt is a weapon.  You can drive it anywhere and get more fun out of it than the average or very capable amateur driver would need.  Mine has never had any changes to the original spec but I am told by plenty that one can get a huge performance increase if that's your thing with the legendary Metzker engine.  Can't help you with the relative values increase question though.  I didn't buy mine with ROI as a primary reason.  More like ROF ( fun ) !   

Go drive them back to back as he suggests ... same day ideally  !! 

Also - any reason why you are comparing these particular 2 models in the 911 classics range ?

Performance increases aside with some minor tweaks the biggest contributor to the ROI / ROF for even some basic tweaks  is the throttle response in every gear after 1st. 

12 hours ago, WOKA said:

Looks more like an RX-2..  Or even an R100.  The rear side window looks too big for an RX-3.

Nicely spotted though.!

Rx-2 I reckon, judging by the leading edge of the bonnet. 

Well spotted though, especially the Brocky! Keen eyes to spot the Irmscher wheel peeking out in pic #6

I’m sure I’ll get roasted for saying this but anyone who pays this would need their head read (and I’m sure those who’ll disagree will be people who own similar)

I guess it’s supply and demand and the market will dictate etc etc and someone who pays this much won’t exactly be struggling to make ends meet but I’d rather import a LHD and save 60k

1 hour ago, JV911 said:

Rx-2 I reckon, judging by the leading edge of the bonnet. 

Well spotted though, especially the Brocky! Keen eyes to spot the Irmscher wheel peeking out in pic #6

Thanks @JV911. Agree it's probably a 2 it was the badge you can see through the cover on the boot lid that threw me into thinking a 3. @WOKA For me B pillar looks too tall for a 100.

based on the surrounding cars that's probably not a 964 2 or 4, maybe something a little more collectable me thinks 😏

16 minutes ago, Gsaps said:

I’m sure I’ll get roasted for saying this but anyone who pays this would need their head read (and I’m sure those who’ll disagree will be people who own similar)

I guess it’s supply and demand and the market will dictate etc etc and someone who pays this much won’t exactly be struggling to make ends meet but I’d rather import a LHD and save 60k

It would suit a purist that must have that all important AU delivery. As @Carrera86 points out it's in good nic and km's are not bad for it's age. Pre ppi makes an easier sale and 3.2's command or get a premium. I know some forum members sold similar spec cars early last year for similar money, maybe more. As you say @Gsaps market will tell how long it sits. LHD non matching #, ripe for hotrodding better suits my budget for weekend smt activity.

On 29/01/2019 at 16:29, Gsaps said:

This guy imports !

It’s a lot of coin for the comparable cars available for the money.

On 28 January 2019 at 21:05, JV911 said:

Not a Porsche, but just had to share this. The quality of the photography is amazing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Manual/SSE-AD-5836273

Many years ago spectating at a Maserati Club day at Sandown, a guy had a red late model Countach.  Didn't leave the pits all day.  In fact it left the track on a flat bed.  Couldn't start the thing.  Stunk of fuel.  Legendary Italian reliability and build quality.  Problem with electrics (plus I suspect the gaggle of downdraft Webers was out of whack).  The guy was spitting chips.  $1.1M?  Yeah, nah. While I had late model Countach posters as a kid, as I've got older, the early cars seem much nicer (and more valuable). 

https://goo.gl/images/YPYDuq

On 28/01/2019 at 20:05, JV911 said:

"This car is unmolested."

The only exotic owners who molest their cars are Porsche owners  :lol:
It's a hangover from the veedub era.
At least the Lambo has fog lamps. In that 1/1,099,999 chance you are out driving in the fog.

5 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Good price.

Still needs a little work for rego (side intrusion bars and engineer sign off) but otherwise he's done a fair amount of work with new 1900 engine and floor pan. May look at it next week for a mate. I'd love to have one

1 hour ago, grantmr said:

Let me know if this has already been posted and I'll remove it.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2019-shannons-melbourne-summer-classic-auction/BE7P9EN08H18AF91/

1981 Porsche 911SC Coupe
Guiding Range: $45,000 - $55,000

Yes Grant been mulled over a few times on here, seller couldn't get high 50's on a short car sales campaign a month back and pulls it - was passed in last shannons auction at the same guiding range, needs plenty of work, non matching numbers, no history whatsoever, missing a few options it was delivered with...