wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, grantmr said:

Let me know if this has already been posted and I'll remove it.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2019-shannons-melbourne-summer-classic-auction/BE7P9EN08H18AF91/

1981 Porsche 911SC Coupe
Guiding Range: $45,000 - $55,000

Yes Grant been mulled over a few times on here, seller couldn't get high 50's on a short car sales campaign a month back and pulls it - was passed in last shannons auction at the same guiding range, needs plenty of work, non matching numbers, no history whatsoever, missing a few options it was delivered with...

Thanks Troubleshooter, I only keep a casual eye on this thread and hadn't seen it discussed. I'm not interested in the car but thought it might be a good entry point for a non-purist.

13 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Love the yellow exterior, I'm 98% on the red interior, not convinced by the yellow highlights though.  All red would have been better.

But still, I want........

14 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’ll keep an eye out when I’m in Bankstown for it... it’ll be right at home

Hope it comes with a dimmer switch for the interior. Unfortunately blind people do not buy cars 

35 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

OMG how do you fix that?

10k on Black carpet,  wrap the yellow inserts black or red and  tune and exhaust and it's a mid 2.5 sec 0 to 100km /hr  car .  

Worst I’ve ever seen 

The selling dealer hopefully advised strongly against this colour choice 🤮

I think the irony is that Dutton tagline "Make Mine Rare"

41pih9cD1-L._SX355_.jpg

...you just know it someone resonated with someone years ago,  they recently took that as a challenge when ordering that car! 

I think it could be saved.  If the yellow interior trim pieces were changed to black carbon fibre and the external mirrors done as well then maybe just maybe it could be a good buy at $300K.  I think I would pay $300k drive away for it with the black trim inserts.  Maybe I will have it wrapped as well (white)

The red interior is pretty wild with the yellow  .............:Chuckle2:

19 hours ago, sleazius said:

That’s an easy fix.... I actually love the red interior, but if you spend 10k at the German carbon fibre shop, (can’t remember the web sites name) that would look sweet... get rid of the yellow bits and replace plus more carbon... 

3 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

That’s an easy fix.... I actually love the red interior, but if you spend 10k at the German carbon fibre shop, (can’t remember the web sites name) that would look sweet... get rid of the yellow bits and replace plus more carbon... 

Agree entirely, I reckon this could be very sweet. 

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder - others gush over black on black whereas I can't think of a worse combination (but no doubt I'm in the minority in this thinking though........ 🙂 )

I searched for a year to find a white with red interior 997 s with no luck

ended up with second choice ... dark blue with camel interior.

now I just need 10k for carbon fibre 😂

I honestly think it was a Ferrari guy. I’ve seen multiple Aussie delivered V8 Ferraris in a very similar colour scheme.

Either way that is very ‘unique’, but could be fixed with $10-20k spent. Carpet, CF trim, and retrimmed steering wheel. Keep the rest red.

That said I’m sure someone will love it out there. The original owner would have paid a motza to have it look like that.

11 hours ago, 901er said:

That pitch would make an English teacher vomit.  And this sentence literally means the opposite of what he wanted " Porsche 1986 3.2 carrera sport not a normal 3.2 they came with special seats no air con, light weight cars"