Jump to content
wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, D2000 said:

997.1s with a new 997.2 motor for $73k. Looks like a pretty good buy to me https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Manual/OAG-AD-16883361?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16883361

actually looking at it some more some oddities - the rear badge for one. And the paint looks like it needs some serious correction

Good daily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D2000 said:

997.1s with a new 997.2 motor for $73k. Looks like a pretty good buy to me https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Manual/OAG-AD-16883361?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16883361

actually looking at it some more some oddities - the rear badge for one. And the paint looks like it needs some serious correction

How does that work?  A .2 engine in a .1?  Wouldn't that be a lot of work since a .2 is direct injection for starters.

More likely it's still a .1 engine, just a later large IMS bearing version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter M said:

How does that work?  A .2 engine in a .1?  Wouldn't that be a lot of work since a .2 is direct injection for starters.

More likely it's still a .1 engine, just a later large IMS bearing version. 

Yep look at the pic of the engine bay. It's a 997.1 engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems a shame that a Porsche engine has to be replaced @ 120 k km - I wonder if it was caused by the dreaded bore scoring problem that is common overseas.

Looking at Pistonheads, the prices in the UK for 997 S (3.8 l engine cars) are relatively cheap starting at about $35k for a 2005 model - and there's over a hundred up for sale on Pistonheads alone. Perhaps the cheap pricing reflects the mechanical bore issues regarding the M96 / 97 engines as they look like a lot of car for 20k quid.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Near on $70k? Seriously, even if it does need a little paint sorted out, how fkn cheap is that for a 997! What's it worth if it was a stunner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Near on $70k? Seriously, even if it does need a little paint sorted out, how fkn cheap is that for a 997! What's it worth if it was a stunner? 

If it was an S with those kms, a stunner and original engine, presumably somewhere between $85 and $100k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IXELEVEN said:

Yep look at the pic of the engine bay. It's a 997.1 engine.

So it's a 7.1S 3.8 car replaced with a 7.1 engine .. a 7.1S 3.8? or a 7.1 3.6? Either way I don't think it's any type of bargain. If it's not a hottie and car has high ks and  there's plenty to choose from on the market, if you move away from originality of motor in a huge way it'll always struggle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  What's this really worth then? Imported

Please view this ad: 1998 Porsche 911 Coupe, https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melrose-park/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-911-coupe/1207262186?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android Price: $36,000 Download the application from the Google Play Store. http://goo.gl/7NzhP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

  What's this really worth then? Imported

Please view this ad: 1998 Porsche 911 Coupe, https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melrose-park/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-911-coupe/1207262186?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android Price: $36,000 Download the application from the Google Play Store. http://goo.gl/7NzhP

There’s better value auto coupes out there... the market is tanking, cars are sitting unsold. High ks, import, and it looks cheaply cosmetically modified. $30k max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JLD said:

 it looks cheaply cosmetically modified

Unless i'm missing something its only the wheels that have been painted black and it has clear lights in place of the original amber ones - I cant see any other modifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dan_189 said:

Unless i'm missing something its only the wheels that have been painted black and it has clear lights in place of the original amber ones - I cant see any other modifications.

Correct, as I said it looks cheaply cosmetically modified. The lights look cheap and the wheels give it a look that says it was owned by a bogan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JLD said:

Correct, as I said it looks cheaply cosmetically modified. The lights look cheap and the wheels give it a look that says it was owned by a bogan

Agreed - I dislike the black wheels too. Lights are reversible but I don't mind them on a black car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JLD said:

There’s better value auto coupes out there... the market is tanking, cars are sitting unsold. High ks, import, and it looks cheaply cosmetically modified. $30k max

  That was my thinking too. Tried calling the land line 3 times and got message bank. Finally answered mobile when I dropped in to where it is unannounced (or so I thought) and he's with a client, yet 'The car is not here and it's now with the owner, so I'll give you his number' and hangs up. Sends a text with the number, no call tone etc etc. What a great way to try and sell a car or run a consignment business

  And no I'm not looking for a 996...probably 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt911 said:

No thoughts ??

Not a cracker!  They're a fickle crowd here. 😊

I assume you are the same Matt who is trying to sell it.  Maybe others were shy in joining you in your covert self promotion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt911 said:

No thoughts ??

No comment on pricing as I don’t have a clue on 997.1s but the RS badging and GT3 front end look very NQR.  Didn’t this have a wing on it at some point also?  I think fully returned to stock it would have a much better chance of selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bardman said:

No comment on pricing as I don’t have a clue on 997.1s but the RS badging and GT3 front end look very NQR.  Didn’t this have a wing on it at some point also?  I think fully returned to stock it would have a much better chance of selling.

Got to be careful what I say as I’m in the same boat. Have it stock, remove badges, wings etc. only show pics with it stock.

looks like a nice car price seems about right maybe a little high for a .2 tip with 100k as .1 with those sort of k’s are in the $80k mark, but hey you never know with the Porsche market. 

Nice looking car. GLWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2019 at 12:36, Coastr said:

Burgundy interiors will make a comeback, mark my word.

Fifteen years ago you couldn't sell a car unless it had a grey or black interior.  Brown was a massive joke in or out.  Now brown is back in a big, big way.  

Burgundy and blue will make a comeback, wait and see.

Yellow and burgundy is bold but not a great contrast IMO.  Blue and burgundy is bold as well but looks sweet.  I would have gone for a beet red with the yellow exterior.

Is this going again?

I been down and  doing brown for years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, michel said:

I been down and  doing brown for years 

 We know 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bardman said:

No comment on pricing as I don’t have a clue on 997.1s but the RS badging and GT3 front end look very NQR.  Didn’t this have a wing on it at some point also?  I think fully returned to stock it would have a much better chance of selling.

I agree with this sentiment, I’d put it back to 100% original... it looks to be a nicely spec’d PDK Carrera S originally. I think the add ons make it much less desirable on face value (dare I say tacky), and quite honestly it just doesn’t look cohesive style wise.. the GT3 bar without the splitter looks odd, really odd... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2019 at 22:56, symsy said:

Good daily 

why is this still for sale?

 https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Manual/OAG-AD-16883361?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16883361

I know its been detailed with chip fat (hot chips fat) but can be easily rectified with a 2 weekend / give it to a pro detail.

Lobster claws actually look ok in this colour.

Cheeky $65k ish offer - PPI / lowering springs and a detail...badda bing badda bang.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, edgy said:

I agree with this sentiment, I’d put it back to 100% original... it looks to be a nicely spec’d PDK Carrera S originally. I think the add ons make it much less desirable on face value (dare I say tacky), and quite honestly it just doesn’t look cohesive style wise.. the GT3 bar without the splitter looks odd, really odd... 

 

My only concern with back to stock is will the paint have faded differently?  The pieces taken off wont have had the same UV exposure so might not fully match the rest of the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jim45 said:

why is this still for sale?

I know its been detailed with chip fat (hot chips fat) but can be easily rectified with a 2 weekend / give it to a pro detail.

Lobster claws actually look ok in this colour.

Cheeky $67k offer - PPI / lowering springs and a detail...bada bing bada bang.

 

A pro would have that done in a day at least 90% if the base is solid. Looking at $600- $800 and would be like new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bardman said:

My only concern with back to stock is will the paint have faded differently?  The pieces taken off wont have had the same UV exposure so might not fully match the rest of the car?

We could only speculate on how long it’s been that way and why.. and with regard to UV exposure, I’d imagine it’s mostly garaged, and pigment selection for paints on modern cars you’d imagine they select them with good lightfastness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...