Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So went to Graysonline in Adelaide (Parafield) today to pick up some wine I won, which I'm sampling as I write. Was waiting for the warehouse guy to come back and decided to wander down to the cars. Spotted this little baby in the mix.

No idea what model but it has had some serious custom work done.

Anyway its not listed on any of the current auctions so assume its a newish arrival and will be listed on the near future. Warehouse guy wasn't much help as he only started 4 days ago.

Sorry about the crappy photos, only had a couple of minutes and back lighting was a pain.

Update - so after doing a bit of searching possibly might be a "beach boys racing" Monterey 914 speedster kit/conversion.

IMG_8180(sm).JPG.3672eff0fe8ad21a0ebe5eb1f6adeafd.JPGIMG_8181(sm).JPG.941463fb7b4b9365889de8a053388002.JPG

On 21/02/2019 at 08:00, Zelrik911 said:

Yeah - Lin Fox will probably get busted after a change-of-government crack down. (He may be losing interest in his twilight years too!)

Then we will see lots of real classics sold off overseas. I dont think Fox displayed other peoples cars as much as Gosford & he didnt have all the unusual stuff from JustCars as Symsy pointed out.

Mate bought a Pontiac Fiero from Gosford. It was a very ordinary example which was indicative of their stock. He fixed it & sold it.

Nah  I reckon Fox will just throw his  external accountants under one of his b doubles and go for their  PI if he lost the musuem status  or just tweak the setup to keep on that grey line if new tax law is enacted.  I reckon Fox  has been  walking that grey line exactly as prescribed by his superior tax advice. Case in point.   It appears bunnings had  40 employees on the books (paid?).  Fox appears to have  circa at least 40 on the books as well but they appear to be mostly  volunteers.  Which smells more like a musuem  based on a pub sniff test out of the two. Eg contingent of grey volunteers and private collection vs contingent of  paid employees and  turning over musuem floor stock more than what one would expect which is virtually moonlighting as being available for sale with transaction abound fEg Symsy reckons bunnings musuem  was  a car parking holding lot  waiting for sales whereas I reckon Fox's is predominately his private collection on display and that display smells of a  musuem  based on a skim of the definition of a musuem under tax legislation and his  playing the grey very nicely.   Perhaps  bunnings  could of been  on the grey line initially,  got greedy and the grey line ran out of road and they ended up in one way black tunnel lost reverse  gear, did a head gasket and grenaded the engine.

I  doubt labour will make changes to musuem tax rules retrospectively.  Perhaps going forward if the laws change,  Fox  will just get a  bit less of a tax deduction after his grey line is adjusted somewhat based on his superior tax advice and discipline to ensure strict compliance with it.

16 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

This is different.

What is" THE 930 FACTORY PTY LTD"  ??

Did they restore &/or recreate 930s in England???

As above they were importers of cars mainly from the US, lots of 911's were imported & converted in the workshop.. Known as the 911 factory P/L 

2 hours ago, PDean said:

Looks alot like one of the 914's that was advertised some time last year. Price was pretty high from memory, 70k. It's probably somewhere in one of the forum threads🤔

Still on CS. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-914-1974/SSE-AD-4535351/?Cr=1

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

An 05 Cayenne MANUAL? Never knew they existed

Screenshot-20190223-112748-Samsung-Inter

There was an Australian delivered white manual new shape for sale here in Vic. It was a special order apparently and sold new through Brighton Porsche. I wanted to go and see it but it sold before I got the chance

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

That seems to be around current market value for a 3.2 Carrera ,,,,,,you only have to look at carsales and see that it is similar in price to others .

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I think it was $158k not long ago. Very clean car

Are any of them actually selling at these prices or are they just sitting around?

48 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Are any of them actually selling at these prices or are they just sitting around?

At $158 they will I reckon. Its priced a little more sensibly now. Saying that, Richmonds do have a pretty high sales turnover of quality cars. Some in there on consignment are priced as the client wants them to be, so the sales team have their hands tied with asking prices

18 hours ago, lak911 said:

Been looking at this 911,just wondering if it's over priced or good value for the money 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/OAG-AD-16606426/?Cr=16

Get it down 40mm all round and lose the third brake light and that would look pretty sweet, seems well priced given Kms and service history. G50 Carrera nicest of the G series for an everyday driver, if that's even a thing anymore.

17 hours ago, Peter M said:

Sitting is my guess.

it was only a few years ago that collectively we were shocked at a 3.2 in WA was listed at $100k. So what has happened since then for a cars value to rise over 50% ? Nothing, it's bizarre. The market is way slower than back then, current availability proves that, there hasn't been a culling of these cars making them rare. Porsche made many thousands of these cars they are in no way special, historic or significant, just a Porsche mass production car.

For me it makes no sence at all that advertised &/or selling prices are going up & not down.