Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

20 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

How can you check headstuds on a SC without taking the valve covers off? Or check the gearbox without driving it?

On a car like this you just have to take a punt & if something big is broken then fix it yourself, like Jeff is doing.

If you have to pay someone to do it - it cant be  worth it.

You take the valve covers off.  Shout the owner an oil service, get the oil changed and head studs checked, and new gasket set for the valves.

Worst case you're out a few hundred bucks, the owner gets a free service for his trouble and you walk away if a broken stud or other issue is found.
Best case everything is great and you buy the car and now the first oil change is done, and you know exactly what oil is in it.  You could even get the valves adjusted while the covers are off, if the check works out OK and you intend to buy.

This is what I did with my last SC buy and the cost (plus compression and leakdown) was worth every penny in knowing everything is right.

31 minutes ago, Mafia88 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-5963371

if anyone’s interested feel free to call, 0403799018

Cheers Richard 

GLWS. The red is stunning. Would you take $1 per day repayment schedule, two children a wife and a Labrador?

All I can say is GLWS at this price.  Probably needs a very very in front of GLWS.  The movie the Castle comes to mind.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SSE-AD-5964834/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

4 hours ago, hugh said:

The want is bad................the red is so, so good.

4 hours ago, Mafia88 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-5963371

if anyone’s interested feel free to call, 0403799018

Cheers Richard 

Stunning , will be interesting to see what the market does with this standout car .. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

This is easily the single best 997 GT3 on the market currently, spec, km's, colour etc good luck with the sale! 

Would have to agree. Craps all over mine. You wouldn’t fancy a swap for a slate grey would you?

38 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

And you never start a sentence with "and" 

"There is a widespread belief—one with no historical or grammatical foundation—that it is an error to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as and, but or so. In fact, a substantial percentage (often as many as 10 percent) of the sentences in first-rate writing begin with conjunctions. It has been so for centuries, and even the most conservative grammarians have followed this practice."

:Jumping:
1. Always right &

2. Never wrong

2 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

"There is a widespread belief—one with no historical or grammatical foundation—that it is an error to begin a sentence with a conjunction such as and, but or so. In fact, a substantial percentage (often as many as 10 percent) of the sentences in first-rate writing begin with conjunctions. It has been so for centuries, and even the most conservative grammarians have followed this practice."

:Jumping:
1. Always right &

2. Never wrong

So Tazzieman, go and do some work so I can too!!!😄