wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

38 minutes ago, Peter John said:

That’s the creepiest thing I’ve heard in a while @hugh

But they were probably all much cleaner than dirty ol aircooled’s. 

Except for all the IMS metal bits you get under your fingernails.

10 hours ago, Peter John said:

Here’s a question for you- how many 996’s did you look at the Hb2? No offence to owners of them, I do like them, but I didn’t look at one, cannot remember any, well maybe 2, one of a fellow member and one that was nice and tweaked. 

My point is that with human senses of sight, smell, touch, sound etc I think of you as the guy with the spare on the back seat, not the more refined type. 

Be nice of you could pawn the old jigger to buy to back one day! Good luck with the tossing and turning.

In terms of sense / offense, perhaps at the next hanger banger  there needs to be a square up of the senses and perhaps  introduce an 11.00am and 1.30pm  engine rev off.  Reckon  your eyes would then land on more than a  token two 996's.  I was at a lions club car day last year  and the ring of a bell at 11.00 am had a  996 ( granted it had a mezger )  with a straight through exhaust doing a  lap of the play ground and stopping at the $500k  plus  corner and sticking it to them.   Certainly got people looking.

@LeeM don’t get me wrong, I search frequently (I won’t admit daily) for a 996 as a driver. For value and experience they are bang on. So I’m with you there. 

@smit2100 tbh I’m not that into group rev off, but too Summernats for me. But again, I’m from the muscle car and classic background. But I get it. I’ve heard a certain 996tt next to my ears at the lights and through the mountains a few times and yep, gets me excited. All tingly like.

Love his future value claim worth $250k in 5 years. It’s a bit of a clouded crystal ball for a non matching converted body sculpted car. Maybe he will offer a guaranteed buy back in 5 years....🤣

That car has been for sale for a very long time... first with a private seller then immediately after with this dealer

What JLD said ^^^^^. Owner tried for about 140k for a year with all the usual spiels time and again then half a year at about 120k. Then it went to Bernies " cars for the stars "at $118k for 3/4 a year and now it's a been a "real bargain"at 105k for about a month....

I remember seeing it around the 80k mark possibly up to 3 years ago. Couldn't sell it then either 😂

7 hours ago, JLD said:

That car has been for sale for a very long time... first with a private seller then immediately after with this dealer

Is that the one that had the wanky/blingy 17/18inch rims? 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Is that the one that had the wanky/blingy 17/18inch rims? 

The same!

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

$20k LAMBOborghini paint job but too stingy to spend a couple of hundred on new rear bumpers to fit a local number plate. Details missed can ruin a car.  What a 💩, albeit a shiny, polished orange one.  And how can this be advertised as NOT modified?

I have never heard of this seller before....go & read the on-line reviews though ...... sounds like ‘buyer beware’ to say the least.

The crappy adverts are a dead giveaway!!

My word, it does look good though.....

I'm not an A/C type or profess to know much about them, but I would love to own it, and that colour really suits the multiple rounded shapes of the bodywork. Was Stone Grey a standard colour or a PTS??

I wonder what $$ it will sell for??

59 minutes ago, JLD said:

Shame it can’t be registered here... Singapore import bought in New Zealand. The Aus Delivered purists would have a heart attack at a double import! 😂😂😂

I thought it would fit the requirements here ?

1 hour ago, EZEE said:

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1988-porsche-911-carrera/

I remember this being mentioned on here, Lee M you suggested this to me a few months back. I wonder why it hasn't sold? I am in Sydney so haven't seen it in the flesh. Just curious.

Nice car that's come down from $159k.

I reckon higher end cars just aren't selling, and that people are scared to pull some money out of the house or get a loan

24 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I thought it would fit the requirements here ?

Unfortunately it must be pre 1989

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Unfortunately it must be pre 1989

I thought it changed to the car being at least 25 years old ?

14 hours ago, crsedge said:

Looks like was parked at Hanger Banger 2! Maybe a NZ equivalent? 

975963362.jpg

Sorry but at the starting bid price of $110k, its not exactly cheap. You can buy an oz delivered one. Or did I miss something?

4 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Sorry but at the starting bid price of $110k, its not exactly cheap. You can buy an oz delivered one. Or did I miss something?

Don’t think so . Maybe ? 

31 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I thought it changed to the car being at least 25 years old ?

Not law yet, while take a while to come into effect......