Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 21/03/2019 at 12:51, Tips said:

Agree $80 is a big number for a car that has a 2.7 engine, 930 wing and SC badges!! based on the sons comments an owner that doesn’t want to be disturbed so I think you would struggle to get it taken for a ppi. I agree $60 is probably a fair price if it all checks out ok. He’s got my number but I don’t expect a call back.

somethings are selling though And probably puts that $80k into perspective 

77A6D717-EB1D-44A6-B15D-6C96F23AD556.png

This was a great sale for the owner. I didn't realise it was a HK car.. it sold to a HK buyer and is being shipped back home! Start buying Jap imports now!!

12 minutes ago, k0nz said:

This was a great sale for the owner. I didn't realise it was a HK car.. it sold to a HK buyer and is being shipped back home! Start buying Jap imports now!!

My HK import just went up then 👍😀

with the financial and political situation, as well as winter coming on, i think boxsters will continue to get cheaper.  987's are being listed and sold on car sales in the early 30's (some in mid 20's) and the modern looking 981 listings are dipping below $70k.

I almost jumped on this as I do love a 997. $59,990 including reg til October and transfer costs from dealer.

But auto would get on my nerves and high kms yeah not too much of a worries when service records good. Great daily. Hope a pfa member got it.

Definitely lots of cars coming into the market and if your not priced right not gonna happen. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Auto/OAG-AD-17031428

3 hours ago, Gsaps said:

The 60k 997’s are starting to show up 👍

I offered $90k for a very good, low km, manual S a few weeks ago and got a knock back. Totally fine for the seller to do so of course, but I suspect that will look like a great offer in the months to come, based on the way most are just sitting on Carsales at the moment. 

White .. red .. never seen purple @OBRUT

22 hours ago, k0nz said:

HK owners getting hot for classics too now :) 

7 hours ago, Peter John said:

I almost jumped on this as I do love a 997. $59,990 including reg til October and transfer costs from dealer.

But auto would get on my nerves and high kms yeah not too much of a worries when service records good. Great daily. Hope a pfa member got it.

Definitely lots of cars coming into the market and if your not priced right not gonna happen. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Auto/OAG-AD-17031428

Was a bit of a bargain, high Ks which really affects a sale vs price and extensive ks usually reflects on condition - but who cares at that price. Came on at 1.30am and sold sign appeared at 9am

55 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Was a bit of a bargain, high Ks which really affects a sale vs price and extensive ks usually reflects on condition - but who cares at that price. Came on at 1.30am and sold sign appeared at 9am

I'd care ... mostly because I don't have a spare $60k to not care .. but that's just me.

By the time the buyer is finished with it, it'll probably have another 40k's on it which takes it to 250k's ... it's a tip with higher k's than any other on the market ... it's gonna be really hard to move on from. 

5 hours ago, JWM said:

I offered $90k for a very good, low km, manual S a few weeks ago and got a knock back. Totally fine for the seller to do so of course, but I suspect that will look like a great offer in the months to come, based on the way most are just sitting on Carsales at the moment. 

Wasn't a guards red one by any chance?...

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

I'd care ... mostly because I don't have a spare $60k to not care .. but that's just me.

By the time the buyer is finished with it, it'll probably have another 40k's on it which takes it to 250k's ... it's a tip with higher k's than any other on the market ... it's gonna be really hard to move on from. 

Yep and if he does the 40ks in 2 years he could appropriately advertise it 10% less than he paid and someone will pick it up again in a day for just over $50. Again it'll be the highest ks original 997 S coupe on the market and also the lowest priced one by a fair bit.

1 hour ago, itsujack said:

Wasn't a guards red one by any chance?...

Yeah it was. 

I didn’t want to waste the guys time so just let him know that was my price point before seeing it. Might be worth what he’s asking as it sounds very good, I was just a bit concerned about overpaying in this market when I’ve seen so many sit around for a long time. 

FWIW he did say he’d already had offers above that in the mid-90s which he’d also knocked back, so I didn’t go any further with it  

Have you looked at it?

I’m happy for the brainst trust here to tell me I’m dreaming on that as a reasonable offer btw...? 😂

18 minutes ago, JWM said:

Yeah it was. 

I didn’t want to waste the guys time so just let him know that was my price point before seeing it. Might be worth what he’s asking as it sounds very good, I was just a bit concerned about overpaying in this market when I’ve seen so many sit around for a long time. 

FWIW he did say he’d already had offers above that in the mid-90s which he’d also knocked back, so I didn’t go any further with it  

Have you looked at it?

I haven't, but a friend ppi'd it and offered the same as you!

Crashed 930 on eBay some guys here will remember this one 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173847505461

google, Porsche crash Thornton for a photo or this link https://www.theherald.com.au/story/3676379/the-big-sell-to-wrecked-shell/ 

I met the the unlucky prospective buyer passenger a few years ago when he was looking at my 930, the driver was a total fool.

11 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep and if he does the 40ks in 2 years he could appropriately advertise it 10% less than he paid and someone will pick it up again in a day for just over $50. Again it'll be the highest ks original 997 S coupe on the market and also the lowest priced one by a fair bit.

You present a fair argument ... round 1 goes to you! ... :cool07: