Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm a bit curious about the 997 market.

2008 997.1 C2 Manual for $87k
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-Carrera-997-Manual-MY08/OAG-AD-17012342

2008 997.2 C2S Manual for $151k
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Series-II-Manual-MY09/SSE-AD-5788747

Same colours. Similar mileage. Good service history.

Obviously we're comparing a C2 to a C2S but are the Series IIs worth that much more?

21 minutes ago, James P said:

Someone should ring and leave Ole from Tassies number and his email , those blokes need introducing ..

Please ring me to discuss rare cars 😂

Had someone fly to see the car, offered a large pocket load of cash , well large enough to still pay for the extensive rust repairs .

7 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-Carrera-997-Manual-MY08/OAG-AD-17012342

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Series-II-Manual-MY09/SSE-AD-5788747

Obviously we're comparing a C2 to a C2S but are the Series IIs worth that much more?

Take the 1 and save your dosh , maybe in turbo form and S is a looker .. PHAT but not by that much 

36 minutes ago, James P said:

Reckon he was offered that and more the first time it was advertised in the mid $30k region. Then ofcourse some idiot tells him what it's really worth and gets greedy. Good luck selling it for that sorta coin now mate 😂 

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Reckon he was offered that and more the first time it was advertised in the mid $30k region. Then ofcourse some idiot tells him what it's really worth and gets greedy. Good luck selling it for that sorta coin now mate 😂 

Agree , take a special look at that amazing contrasting colour in the wheel well and around the vin plate , I think it Mocha or something , you gotta love Europeans and their love of patina or should I say an oxidising finish 😀. I thought you guys are mates , help him out 

@Tips forget the air coole cars.  Look at this thing for $60k - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-Porsche-911-Carrera-4-997-Manual-AWD-MY06/SSE-AD-5969924?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5969924

price too good to be true?

On 08/03/2019 at 21:05, LeeM said:

Wow! That's gotta be a scam surely? 

Anyone here pick this up? Interested in the condition.

3 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Your curious? Try selling one........I have no idea what they are worth and what I should be asking.... ones similar to mine arent a patch on it condition wise yet all I get are tyre kickers. I think it’s jsut the market is dead probably having an adjustment phase and it’s hard to tell what’s selling and what for.

2 hours ago, Jim45 said:

IIRC it's an import. Could be wrong, not sure, was looking at it a few days back in my saved cars.....

6 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

IIRC it's an import. Could be wrong, not sure, was looking at it a few days back in my saved cars.....

997's in UK seem to suffer from BORE SCORING especially the S 3.8 series. Local cars not so much (no sub zero temps???).

I have seen a few ex UK 997's at very cheap prices & I presume it was this, or other 'UK' linked problems. 

18 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

997's in UK seem to suffer from BORE SCORING especially the S 3.8 series. Local cars not so much (no sub zero temps???).

I have seen a few ex UK 997's at very cheap prices & I presume it was this, or other 'UK' linked problems. 

How long do u reckon a car stays cold after u start it to score a bore !

more than likely the crap ethanol content fuels in the uk ??

4 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

That's interesting. Do 3.6's borescore as often as 3.8's? How do they fix a borescored engine?

5 hours ago, Jim45 said:

Was looking At this  and was sold and not updated for a while. Also keen to see if it was someone here. 

My AC plans have been dashed by the HK bubble. Idea was to find a cheap 996 manual convince @LeeM he needed it so badly and switch it for his HK car👍🤞😂. Problem is now that some of these HK cars are going back at strong prices  he probably thinks it’s now a reasonable swap for a manual 997 Turbo😮🤗.

I was messaging  a HK AC car the past few weeks trying to low ball as it had sat awhile, and seller finally got back to me saying he is now dealing with a HK buyer. Like that 964 a few days ago, looks like they are trying to buy the HK cars back one by one 🤣

3 minutes ago, Tips said:

Idea was to find a cheap 996 manual convince @LeeM he needed it so badly and switch it for his HK car👍🤞😂. Problem is now that some of these HK cars are going back at strong prices  he probably thinks it’s now a reasonable swap for a manual 997 Turbo😮🤗.

Got a 997 Turbo or GT3 to swap? Let's talk 😁

Just for shits n giggles, as I know some on here are hovering over my interest in 996's, I'm a realist mate. Know what my car is like, what needs doing to it and how much to bring it up nicer than it sits now, and ultimately I know it isnt worth that ^ sorta money. Even though mine isn't officially for sale, you are able to buy it 😉 Everything is for sale at the right price, yet that depends on the optimism of the seller and lowballiness of the buyer 😁

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Got a 997 Turbo or GT3 to swap? Let's talk 😁

Just for shits n giggles, as I know some on here are hovering over my interest in 996's, I'm a realist mate. Know what my car is like, what needs doing to it and how much to bring it up nicer than it sits now, and ultimately I know it isnt worth that ^ sorta money. Even though mine isn't officially for sale, you are able to buy it 😉 Everything is for sale at the right price, yet that depends on the optimism of the seller and lowballiness of the buyer 😁

Lucky your a financial member Lee that looks like a lightly veiled for sale ad 🤣.

4 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Nice car but too much money.  Needs to keep another 5-10 years to get that.

Agreed. Seems to be the normal asking price for something like this one though. He said he needs 'close to $60k' so I imagine that's his starting point and go low from there. If I was seriously looking, it's out of my price range anyway. 

The nice GT3 looking C4 was also $60k (its on Carsales), yet as the gent has been diagnosed with the onset of dementia and is reluctantly selling, I'd feel like a prick lowballing him to where I'd need it to be financially worth it. My current situation is not just about selling mine and buying a 996, it would be purely for financial reasons

2 minutes ago, Tips said:

Lucky your a financial member Lee that looks like a lightly veiled for sale ad 🤣.

Haha, I didnt actually think of that! Man I'm a hypocrite 😂

C4, 146,000kms. $60k 

Bet the headlights will be popular 😁 I like it

20190324-095756.jpg

20190324-095808.jpg

You know it’s been ok to buy a 996 since page 996 of this thread , OMG, talk about slow to catch on ..  

Who looked at the White car in syd ? Decals removed could look ok 

If an AC car had 146kms you would be fighting for the low mileage unicorn ... some of the 996 in Europe are Bri g sold with 250-300,000 kms on em

49 minutes ago, Tips said:

Are they new inserts or covers over the existing? Seen them a couple of times in ads. I think I like my eggs fried not poached 😉

Just covers. I don't mind them personally, and would colour the indicator area in yellow or orange. I am weird though

29 minutes ago, JLD said:

Not a PFAer since prices started to  slump our Brag/Banter/Bullshit and never buy ratio has gone from 50 comments per deal struck to probably around  350, I can’t really track if this metric is proportional to the market exactly or if directly linked elections or royal commissions or Trump but it seems productive .

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Nice car but too much money.  Needs to keep another 5-10 years to get that.

I had a good look at this car in the flesh today & I reckon $60K is bang on....very tidy,  regular show’n’shine award winner, same ‘senior’ owner for last 18 years.  

Wait 5-10 years and you’ll have missed the boat.  Remember when everyone hated 964s?!?  

That said, I can see @LeeM more at home in the C4 GT3 lookalike 👍

26 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I had a good look at this car in the flesh today & I reckon $60K is bang on....very tidy,  

That said, I can see @LeeM more at home in the C4 GT3 lookalike 👍

I was waiting for you to chime in 😁 Nice car that one