wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Nice car but too much money.  Needs to keep another 5-10 years to get that.

I had a good look at this car in the flesh today & I reckon $60K is bang on....very tidy,  regular show’n’shine award winner, same ‘senior’ owner for last 18 years.  

Wait 5-10 years and you’ll have missed the boat.  Remember when everyone hated 964s?!?  

That said, I can see @LeeM more at home in the C4 GT3 lookalike 👍

26 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I had a good look at this car in the flesh today & I reckon $60K is bang on....very tidy,  

That said, I can see @LeeM more at home in the C4 GT3 lookalike 👍

I was waiting for you to chime in 😁 Nice car that one

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I was waiting for you to chime in 😁 Nice car that one

Looking forward to seeing some snaps of your car on the forum seeking expressions of interest?!?  😀

58 minutes ago, symsy said:

Not a PFAer since prices started to  slump our Brag/Banter/Bullshit and never buy ratio has gone from 50 comments per deal struck to probably around  350, I can’t really track if this metric is proportional to the market exactly or if directly linked elections or royal commissions or Trump but it seems productive .

It was only $19,950!

10 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Looking forward to seeing some snaps of your car on the forum seeking expressions of interest?!?  😀

You and @PhilH are a bad influence on me 😁 

Showed the missus some pics with 'Whaddya think of this? Or this one?' The shrug of the shoulders and back to reading her book kinda shows her interest in it 😁

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Just covers. I don't mind them personally, and would colour the indicator area in yellow or orange. I am weird though

Yes

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Just covers. I don't mind them personally, and would colour the indicator area in yellow or orange. I am weird though

Yes 

17 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I believe I did spot your 996 Rick V at the shiny show ? Very nice 👍 

3 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yes

😁👍

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Showed the missus some pics with 'Whaddya think of this? Or this one?' The shrug of the shoulders and back to reading her book kinda shows her interest in it 😁

That’s a YES in my book!!

25 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I believe I did spot your 996 Rick V at the shiny show ? Very nice 👍 

Thanks @wilson59.  Was a great  day out..... whilst I enjoy washing my car, I’m never going to win a show’n’shine because I just can’t be arsed preening & polishing like some of those around me we’re doing.   Take nothing away from them though - there were some really impressive cars there.

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

That's interesting. Do 3.6's borescore as often as 3.8's? How do they fix a borescored engine?

No - I read that 3.8 s have more borescoring than 3.6 s. 

UK Porsche magazines have articles about the problem from time to time; suggesting that PPIs on suspect 997S 's should include a borescope camera inspection, especially on cylinder 4 (???).

Remedy is new liners &/or rebore, with new pistons. Aussie cars dont seem to suffer - I presumed its our weather but it could also be petrol??

19 minutes ago, Rick V said:

That’s a YES in my book!!

Well it's not no 😁

I never have to ask about anything I buy or sell, yet I do like to hear her unbiased opinion...most of the time anyway 😁

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

@PhilH showed me this at Porsche club SA show n shine today

'01, 80,000km, manual nearly flawless $60k 

20190324-121332.jpg

Yep get it.

44 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Well it's not no 😁

Well it ain't NO.

On 24/03/2019 at 15:52, Coastr said:

Nice car but too much money.  Needs to keep another 5-10 years to get that.

Hmmmm, is it 🤔 Is it a case of supply and demand. Market seems flooded with tips @ 50k, and some of the few manuals are high km at similar coin raising up to 55k plus.

some people do some terrible things to 911,s ...............:wacko:

5 hours ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1974/OAG-AD-17054555/?Cr=1

How can this become a $300k car without its original engine??

it is a $110 K jig saw puzzle ..............:Chuckle2:

1 hour ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1976/SSE-AD-5985593/?Cr=18

Future investment? Targa made into a cab with a non-matching engine. And the door looks like a different colour to the rest of the car

I love these claims in car ads...

The door has black trim and the windscreen is chrome ... it should all be chrome.

The door is more than likely off a different car which is why it's a different shade ...

Don't even start me on the wrong speedo ...

7 hours ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1974/OAG-AD-17054555/?Cr=1

How can this become a $300k car without its original engine??

Seller is deluded, its the engine that makes that car special, nothing else. Not even sure with the correct engine its worth that much ($300k) & fully restored. Imagine the hours. IMO its a low $$ resto purchase.

2 hours ago, Arnage said:

Seller is deluded, its the engine that makes that car special, nothing else. Not even sure with the correct engine its worth that much ($300k) & fully restored. Imagine the hours. IMO its a low $$ resto purchase.

At least it has the original 3 silver and 1 black rims 😂😂

14 hours ago, Arnage said:

I wonder why would the original 'restorer' sell off the engine (only) in the middle of the project? Remember back in that timeframe,  2.7 engines were worth practically nothing (I remember people giving them away). 

Its obvious that the original restorer & the present owner bailed out when reality hit them & they worked out how much future time/effort & money was involved.

Now that 911's are worth much less than last year, its more practical & cost effective to buy a going one and refurbish it bit by bit as needed.

True, though a lot of people get more enjoyment from building a car and seeing it come to life than actually driving them. This one seems to have an optimistic price attached though 

15 hours ago, Arnage said:

I think the seller knows exactly what he's got. One of 18 delivered into Aus, in lime green, great 70's colour.

Would you say a 73rs is only special because of it's engine, nothing else?

Not Available, looks like it has found a deluded buyer.

11 hours ago, dipstick said:

I think the seller knows exactly what he's got. One of 18 delivered into Aus, in lime green, great 70's colour.

11 hours ago, dipstick said:

Ok, it's not Lime green now.

yes, a 73rs is mostly special because of the engine (this 74 car is no RS) but other enhancments are unique to the RS.

A deluded buyer no doubt, did you buy it?

Nope, I tried.

Do you think the buyer if he owned the orignal engine delusional?

I don't think you understand this model Carrera.

12 hours ago, Arnage said:

Ok, it's not Lime green now.

yes, a 73rs is mostly special because of the engine (this 74 car is no RS) but other enhancments are unique to the RS.

A deluded buyer no doubt, did you buy it?

7 hours ago, dipstick said:

Nope, I tried.

Do you think the buyer if he owned the orignal engine delusional?

I don't think you understand this model Carrera.

I think if you had the original engine then it would definitely be an interesting proposition. But there’s only one person that would work for. For everyone else it’s not the valuable car the ad led you to believe it is