Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 11/04/2019 at 10:49, Lucky Phil said:

This one just popped up in my saved searches.  Nice HB2 photos too.

Those of us in Victoria all know this car so what's the story?  Something new on the way?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-5966464/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

Hah yes that's my car, I am looking at another 997.2 variant that is available to me privately, however I am absolutely happy with this car and wouldn't be disappointed to make it a keeper.

18 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

And it's extremely unmarked compared to the heavily marked paint all around it

I wondered about that too. If it is a repro; where can I get one (or two)!!!

The VIN might confirm the story, but was there ever an original blue SC colour like that?

5 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

The VIN might confirm the story, but was there ever an original blue SC colour like that?

Without checking maybe that's an original colour of that year but It doesn't look like an original colour, just a strong gut feel, nothing more....

There were provisions in NSW to get replacement compliance plate through The RTA ( now RMS).  Only ones I have seen are an engraved black and white plastic, like name badges and door signs, but there could be other options.

Whether this is still offered, I don’t know and I couldn’t find anything on their web site.

17 hours ago, AD911S said:

All the ones I have seen look like this

1977-porsche-911-targa-27-coupe.jpg

This compliance plate below is from the Gumtree add that we are discussing. I'm curious myself about its origin as well, but the detail on the plate has spiked my curiosity even more. Who would include the DR.  ING.  h.c.F.  PORSCHE  AG without some sort of formal knowledge.

Another detail from the plate is that the car we are discussing is also a 1978 model year car,  the forth digit number 8 in the vin determines the model year.

1268779067_COMPLIANCEPLATEAUST.thumb.jpg.df87ec1bc69a22657340c5f58af69aaa.jpg

23 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

That looks like Arrow Blue, which was an available colour on an SC.

The plate may be a Tourist Delivery thing? Might explain the early build date.

The time has come. My Tangy 68 912 LHD is for sale. Just back from Ron Goodman getting a couple of cosmetic bits sorted I need Tangy to go...because I have another 912 project on the way. In the last 5 years I have owned a 997tt, 964 4, 2x x 930's and this plucky 912 is by far the most fun. All the long hood looks, at a third of the price. It has been my daily drive for much of the year I have owned it. If I wasn't already married this car could have started many new relationships the number of times I have been pulled over for a chat (largely middle aged men naturally).

US Car

Imported 2017

Spent at least $12k with AH taking it to a good driver

Tangerine/black interior

Interior in good condition - some small cracking on dash

Recent engine rebuild

Comes with an original (not to the car) set of fuchs

lots of receipts -  original books missing

asking $75k ono

email tom@juicydesign.com.au with generous offers, or if you want more info/pictures. 

Yet to post on carsales 

IMG_6356_zpsmsni0qxx.jpg

IMG_6347_zpscw1jsdcx.jpg

IMG_6357_zpsnbmeqfav.jpg

IMG_4636_zpsnrnsg3pt.jpg

_912-Current_Look_4_zpsitoaplyp.jpg

03_zps7htnyo0k.jpg

04_zpskam9kgol.jpg

05_zps1mapp8tx.jpg

2 hours ago, ASTAR911 said:

That looks like Arrow Blue, which was an available colour on an SC.

The plate may be a Tourist Delivery thing? Might explain the early build date.

I had a look at Simon's Porsche 911SC Site which has a couple of Owner Registered cars with a close VIN to the advertised car & that are here in OZ, and they both have checkered early histories. One could have been a Tourist delivery and the other was originally a 'grey import'  to USA. So you are probably right:

http://www.adelgigs.com/911scregistry.shtml

Another odd thing concerns the VIN on the real original plate example. It has a "7 " in it to denote 1977. I thought all SCs had 1978  ( "8"  ) in their VIN numbers even though some were built in 77. Maybe in the early days for these expensive cars, there was a bit of forward  dating to increase value? Off course now its the other way round!!!!

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

How to destroy the value of a car in one easy lesson???????😧

5 hours ago, wilson59 said:

“I don’t know where to start on price because I can’t find another one like it” 

Shit, I wonder why that is... 🤦🏼‍♂️

state of the 912market

• went live on carsales late last night.
  • First post on insta on Saturday.
  • Face book posts on Sunday 

Results in 48hrs

• Carsales-  0 enquiries
  • Facebook - 5 inquiries, 1 dickhead
  • Insta - 16 inquires - 2 offers, 
  • Mates of Mates - 3 offers (one lowball), first test drive this week

not bad

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-912-1968/SSE-AD-6039281/?gts=SSE-AD-6039281&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-6039281&rankingType=Spotlight

1 hour ago, turboT said:

state of the 912market

• went live on carsales late last night.
  • First post on insta on Saturday.
  • Face book posts on Sunday 

Results in 48hrs

• Carsales-  0 enquiries
  • Facebook - 5 inquiries, 1 dickhead
  • Insta - 16 inquires - 2 offers, 
  • Mates of Mates - 3 offers (one lowball), first test drive this week

not bad

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-912-1968/SSE-AD-6039281/?gts=SSE-AD-6039281&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-6039281&rankingType=Spotlight

Haha great summary...interesting to see that social media is generating more enquiry than Carsales....

1 hour ago, G5032 said:

Haha great summary...interesting to see that social media is generating more enquiry than Carsales....

I've always suggested to family and friends that when selling a car, put it on the side of the road with a for sale sign ...

People don't always know that they're looking for something until they see it.

Social media is the same ... comes up in your news feed (or whatever it is) and it looks interesting ... the ultimate impulse purchase ..

6 hours ago, G5032 said:

I saw that someone was asking in FB for 912s and about 4 people steered them to turbot and tangy.  That’s in the 911 for sale group.