Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

9 hours ago, turboT said:

state of the 912market

• went live on carsales late last night.
  • First post on insta on Saturday.
  • Face book posts on Sunday 

Results in 48hrs

• Carsales-  0 enquiries
  • Facebook - 5 inquiries, 1 dickhead
  • Insta - 16 inquires - 2 offers, 
  • Mates of Mates - 3 offers (one lowball), first test drive this week

not bad

That is interesting, my 996 Turbo in around the same time period. 

* FB two messages, no lookers, no dickheads.

* Word of mouth, one call but is also looking at GT3s

Will put your Instagram idea to the test today, but I doubt the results given the difference in following.

Carsales will go up next week after I get the PPI.

Sold my last car here via PFA so I really must get onto paying my membership.  

18 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Will put your Instagram idea to the test today, but I doubt the results given the difference in following.

Correct. Tom is Insta Glam & SM royalty, the reach is relative to the amount of "followers" Not surprising though, did you not find the car via SM @turboT ?

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I've always suggested to family and friends that when selling a car, put it on the side of the road with a for sale sign ...

People don't always know that they're looking for something until they see it.

Social media is the same ... comes up in your news feed (or whatever it is) and it looks interesting ... the ultimate impulse purchase ..

Best lead for my 996.2 has come from a For Sale sign at a recent car show.  Will hopefully find out tonight.....

Been up on Scumtree for a month and first enquiry yesterday, on FB as well and first enquiry day before.  Haven't tried CarSales yet, wasn't happy with response I got when selling the 987 (only 1 enquiry apart from the scammers, but then again, that was the purchaser), might try that if wrong answer tonight....

I’m finding car sales very wholesaler driven, one DH on face book and a Macan is not glam enough for insta.

talking to Rob at Kollector recently and he said all of his sales come via social and pretty much uses it exclusively. Agree, it seems to work when you have the follower base.

found my SC on CS and was at his door within a few hours of it being listed. Everyone else was probably on social and missed it...🤣

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Correct. Tom is Insta Glam & SM royalty, the reach is relative to the amount of "followers" Not surprising though, did you not find the car via SM @turboT ?

Ok I’ll try this again as my last post was pretty much instantly deleted as I wasn’t a financial member. SERIOUSLY ?

Due to it being deleted I’ll also have a bit of a bitch now.

Yeah I know the rules about financial memberships and posting your car for sale.

HOWEVER unlike most on this forum I have put many hours of my own time and some money volunteering my vehicles for photo shoots a whole boring day down at haunted hills sitting in my 4WD as a recovering vehicle. Yeah I was thanked for my time, but I now get the feeling it wasn’t really appreciated and is why I haven’t done it since. I know other that put in a lot of personal time and effort into this forum yet they still have to pay this $25 clearly it’s not the money it’s the principal of it.

End rant.

Back to my original post, I think TurboT 912 will probably do alright on instagram as it’s an international market car.

Well let’s see how this link goes this time. 

I buy at auctions. Pay the value of second highest bidder. Bought three that way. I can't see issues with auctions and haven't figured out why people don't sell at auction.  I never look at social media and can't think of anything worse than interacting with a seller on Carsales. 

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

HOWEVER unlike most on this forum I have put many hours of my own time and some money volunteering my vehicles for photo shoots a whole boring day down at haunted hills sitting in my 4WD as a recovering vehicle. Yeah I was thanked for my time, but I now get the feeling it wasn’t really appreciated and is why I haven’t done it since. I know other that put in a lot of personal time and effort into this forum yet they still have to pay this $25 clearly it’s not the money it’s the principal of it.

Shame to hear mate. I'm always up for a chat, you have my number, but if you would rather vent on here then that's up to you. It goes without saying, this place and any events that come as a result of it are only possible due to volunteers. Sorry on behalf of the PFA if you feel short changed, definitely not the intention. 

Don't want to stray too off topic, but just on the FM thing, I find there really isn't an effective (if at all) alert that your FM has expired... most don't have a problem with paying it, and as with most of us, I am sure we post from the shitter on a mobile phone that doesn't display that user data in the mobile display format. 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Shame to hear mate. I'm always up for a chat, you have my number, but if you would rather vent on here then that's up to you. It goes without saying, this place and any events that come as a result of it are only possible due to volunteers. Sorry on behalf of the PFA if you feel short changed, definitely not the intention. 

Mate I won’t bang on about this anymore apart from this reply, please don’t take this as a personal go at you, unless it was you who deleted it in which case yeah pick up the phone.

Its not about feeling short changed or venting, it was a plane old slap in the face to be honest to have my post instantly deleted and what’s more it was a Instagram link not a for sale add.

For me there is no longer social currency on this forum, is this a social forum or a business ? 

I feel I and “more so” some others here including you haven’t been given any good will despite the time and effort on this forum and supporting events. Hence the reason I didn’t help at HB2.

The commentary and response the deleted for sale adverts is a SHAME

Moderators and friends pick up the. Fuchin phone ... talk to each other or PM . Rules and principles are one thing but so is understanding a key premise of a forum or group .

Come on guys Porsche guys worrying about $25 bucks, pay it forward .. or pay it later .. we have done this before ... why so zealous on the delete key ? 

Wheres the love !!  Is  the forum bankrupt ?? Our connections are worth more than this .

Im happy to facilitate a discussion if needs be ?? Let’s sort the financial membership bullshit once and for all , it’s  created  too many shitty moments 

Lets perhaps get a thread running , let’s get it supported and paid for . Please this rears it’s head every six months or less , why doesn’t a group of intelligent and affluent work this out ?? 

The forum has  value , let’s pay for some of it and stop the witch hunt 

Im totally also for social currency , which is mateship, supporting events,  sharing hard to get parts , information , lists favours , organising drives and more ..  

16 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I feel I and “more so” some others here including you haven’t been given any good will despite the time and effort on this forum and supporting events. Hence the reason I didn’t help at HB2.

Made my day Fraz . I know this place like to hug things out but seriously

16 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Mate I won’t bang on about this anymore apart from this reply, please don’t take this as a personal go at you, unless it was you who deleted it in which case yeah pick up the phone.

I didn't delete it and I cant see any trace of it being deleted? (typically I'll see it in red) Seems odd, especially to be deleted so quick - none of us are typically that quick! 

3 minutes ago, symsy said:

The commentary and response the deleted for sale adverts is a SHAME

Moderators and friends pick up the. Fuchin phone ... talk to each other or PM . Rules and principles are one thing but so is understanding a key premise of a forum or group .

Let's not jump to conclusions. I know everyone loves a bit of controversy but on further investigation I'm unsure if anything has been deleted. 

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Best lead for my 996.2 has come from a For Sale sign at a recent car show.  Will hopefully find out tonight.....

Been up on Scumtree for a month and first enquiry yesterday, on FB as well and first enquiry day before.  Haven't tried CarSales yet, wasn't happy with response I got when selling the 987 (only 1 enquiry apart from the scammers, but then again, that was the purchaser), might try that if wrong answer tonight....

Your Boxster looked great and was reasonably priced. I think the location  and kms probably was the deterring factor.  

13 hours ago, turboT said:

yep - bought from a nice buy in Miami i was following on insta (estevezbreton) - he now has a beautiful looking white 912. 

Two serious buyers looking at the car this week :)

Tom, there's a guy on FB Porsche Buy Sell Swap Australia group looking far a 912 - just posted last couple of days

On 16/04/2019 at 07:52, Fraz said:

Ok I’ll try this again as my last post was pretty much instantly deleted as I wasn’t a financial member. SERIOUSLY ?

Due to it being deleted I’ll also have a bit of a bitch now.

Yeah I know the rules about financial memberships and posting your car for sale.

End rant.

Back to my original post, I think TurboT 912 will probably do alright on instagram as it’s an international market car.

Well let’s see how this link goes this time. 

GLWS with the sale.  Another  boosted car on the agenda?. 

Has anyone tyre kicked this?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-5814103/?Cr=8

K's are on the high side, however service books are solid and has all been done at official Porsche dealerships.  Also that colour is spot on, it seems there were some "vesuvius" edition cars, any way to tell if this was one of those or if its a standard car that happens to be in the "vesuvius" colour?

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Has anyone tyre kicked this?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-5814103/?Cr=8

K's are on the high side, however service books are solid and has all been done at official Porsche dealerships.  Also that colour is spot on, it seems there were some "vesuvius" edition cars, any way to tell if this was one of those or if its a standard car that happens to be in the "vesuvius" colour?

Is the silver rear vent, door handles and mirrors factory? Vent looks weird