Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, mph911 said:

Did nobody notice TurboT is selling his black 930???

Is that for the black left handed hooker that a pommy pimp put a bit of extra lipstick and makeup on it, kept it  for a bit and subsequently moved it on from his stable so it could turn tricks  and fluant its wares interchanging between the clean  boulevards of inner Sydney and the salt air filled streets around  the eastern beaches.

23 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

We should really start a go fund me campaign to get this this to the crushers once and for all

i am sure 2000 will be happy to chip in 10 bucks each

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1955-Porsche-356-1500-Manual/SSE-AD-6060423

I am good for $20

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I am good for $20

Reckon Dak Dak need to kick in 30 and for that I assume there would be no objections to them getting at least  the front number plate.

Scrapped

Crushed

Worthless

Plus they  get the leather bonnet straps so they can hang the plate from  the cafe roof along with a before and after crushed  photo.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I'm surprised @OBRUT hasnt bought it with his eclectic taste 😉

You never know, he may have been a bidder🤭

59 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

He had it for $66k on carsales before the auction.

Dreaming me thinks ...

6 minutes ago, Raven said:

I see this guy is having another go with this car ...................? You have till Thursday .............????  😀

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6185355/?Cr=2

Obviously the strategy worked so well last time, he thought he would use it again 😏

51 minutes ago, Tips said:

Obviously the strategy worked so well last time, he thought he would use it again 😏

Possibly he is just a Drama queen who wants people to ring him up and tell him what a fantastic car he has ...?? with no intention of really selling it at all :rolleyes:

Remember if your serious you have till Thursday ...??:Chuckle2:

Agree with u lee about Hughs Blue 68 and at $235K you can almost get into a 2015 GT3 or a New 4 liter GT4 ,,,,,I can see he has spent a lot of coin on it and I like what he has created but I just get the impression this guy is not serious about selling the car ...........I could be wrong but his advert demands are a deterrent for any potential  buy,r :wacko:

Car sales is not ebay potential buyers don,t bid ..........:rolleyes:

True @Raven, though that's apples and oranges. People ask me what's a better buy with $60-70k, a 996 or a converted SC? Depends what you want really.

For $235k or thereabouts, I'd be aiming at a GT3 personally...unless I was a billionaire, then I'd probably buy this one in a heartbeat and not care about the price

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Stunning car for sure, yet I just can't see him getting that sort of coin when Hugh's blue longhood was $50k cheaper. That's where I think it might sell, though crazier things have happened in Porsche world I s'pose 

10 minutes ago, Raven said:

Agree with u lee about Hughs Blue 68 and at $235K you can almost get into a 2015 GT3 or a New 4 liter GT4 ,,,,,I can see he has spent a lot of coin on it and I like what he has created but I just get the impression this guy is not serious about selling the car ...........I could be wrong but his advert demands are a deterrent for any potential  buy,r :wacko:

Car sales is not ebay potential buyers don,t bid ..........:rolleyes:

Whilst my car isn’t 100% original, it is still an Aussie delivered 69 911T - a genuine long hood with all the period correct bits. To dorks like me it’s the little things, push button door handles, throttle control level beside the handbrake, throaty bark of Weber’s etc. 

The comparison discussed above isn’t an original early car but a highly modified backdate. Without knowing full details of the build and taking it for a drive it’s hard to comment on what kind of a proposition it really is. 

I will say though whilst both cars have been modified they are completely different value propositions. Although they may appear similar, I just don’t agree with backdated 911’s being and adequate comparison to a genuine early car - 2 very different products/outcomes. 

In terms of comparisons with dollar value compared to GT3’s, that’s a whole other can of worms. Maybe a conversation for another thread.............