Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, G5032 said:

Excitement over a what looks like a very reasonably priced 3.2...I’m hoping there is nothing major wrong with it (they always need something) and Dave scoops up a bargain....makes for a welcome change over discussions about the state of the market

i like seeing good Cars being bought and discussed on PFA...adds to the provenance for future buyers if we’ve all had our say and it passes the test!!

You can thank me for the early Sunday morning text to Dave if the car reports as good as it looks.

If it doesn't...

94694_lhfievvxymq42bd.jpg

21 minutes ago, GusTV said:

Most likely get more for it with a decent clean .

Maybe  I’m just fussy but advertising a dirty car is  a instant pass for me . 

49 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Dirty? The thing is filthy, why do that. Could be a bargain for the right money.

Is it just me or does that log book look like it was filled out on the same day with the same pen?

11 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Dirty? The thing is filthy, why do that. Could be a bargain for the right money.

Is it just me or does that log book look like it was filled out on the same day with the same pen?

Must have been to much effort to give it a wash :(

45 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

They think it's worth more, but have priced it sharply for a quick sale ... 🤪

I'll let you motley crew be the judges .. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-melbourne/cars-vans-utes/1985-porsche-944-crystal-green-3-speed-automatic-coupe/1225332720

😂

I'd never buy a car from them, I know too many bad stories first hand

These guys are off the Planet, smoking some intergalactic weed and dreaming about rainbows.

$30k for and 85 944 with over 200,000 k’s on the clock, old series dash, cloth insert seats, not the best interior colour combo and an AUTO!!

For that money you’re at the start of S2 territory and could get much better bang for your buck.

7 minutes ago, Stepo said:

These guys are off the Planet, smoking some intergalactic weed and dreaming about rainbows.

$30k for and 85 944 with over 200,000 k’s on the clock, old series dash, cloth insert seats, not the best interior colour combo and an AUTO!!

For that money you’re at the start of S2 territory and could get much better bang for your buck.

Not Lorbrek AGAIN, how can that be?

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

How about the latest 964 price on CS, the un-pictured "grey" one.

$300k, I need to be educated here. Anyone?

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Totally agree.  Not sure if it is laziness or arrogance?!? Poor form in either case. 

12 hours ago, Rick V said:

Totally agree.  Not sure if it is laziness or arrogance?!? Poor form in either case. 

What I’m seeing in the pictures is someone in distress.  Not sure if that is just financial and/or other things like a broken relationship or some other trauma, but suggest GT4 owners don’t normally live in flats with open car ports.

Maybe we should be less judgemental and critical of others unless we know the full story?

52 minutes ago, Peter M said:

What I’m seeing in the pictures is someone in distress.  Not sure if that is just financial and/or other things like a broken relationship or some other trauma, but suggest GT4 owners don’t normally live in flats with open car ports.

Maybe we should be less judgemental and critical of others unless we know the full story?

It's just washing ?

So most likely a good time to low ball is what you are really saying ?

5 hours ago, Peter M said:

Fair point @Peter M, I will cop that one. But with your skills of reading from a dirty car that someone is in financial or relationship trauma, I now have a weird, but strong desire to ask you ‘ is my dead grandma ok up there in heaven?!?.  Or better still, ‘what’s the powerball numbers this week?’ 😀😂

13 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Fair point @Peter M, I will cop that one. But with your skills of reading from a dirty car that someone is in financial or relationship trauma, I now have a weird, but strong desire to ask you ‘ is my dead grandma ok up there in heaven?!?.  Or better still, ‘what’s the powerball numbers this week?’ 😀😂

You'll have to show him a picture of your dirty car...it's like reading tea leaves.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just saw this on Facebook 1980 928S $11000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/417002365591699/

Went and had a look at that car a few weeks ago and its got nothing in its favour.......very tired interior, very bad paint and body work complete with rear quarter damage,engine not running and god knows what else once you scratch the surface. The pictures for me portray it in a better state than it is so I think its one for the brave and hopeless romantic. I think I just described myself when I took on my 924 resto. I guess at the end of the day its a 928 Porsche so has to be worth something but maybe more value in it as a parts car.