Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 09/08/2019 at 14:19, Dave986 said:

I’m out.

My search continues.

The interest in this Targa is still high if my PMs are any indication 😉

If anyone wants a copy of the PPI, please chuck $100 in my PayPal, PM me for the account details  😂

1 hour ago, Dave986 said:

The interest in this Targa is still high if my PMs are any indication 😉

If anyone wants a copy of the PPI, please chuck $100 in my PayPal, PM me for the account details  😂

What put you off Dave ? Low pressure in the rear left tyre ?

If the motor & gearbox are ok, looks like a pretty good price for a manual 968, would be worth a closer look.  Seller could do with some English classes.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1994-porsche-968-manual/OAG-AD-17517589?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

18 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Very high on my list of what I would love to buy. Just wish there was a bit more space and money in the bank. That car ticks all the right boxes and has been a want for a very long time.... 

Thats not bad being a 1 multiplier.  However what about opportunity cost.  Just imagine 25 years on and you had the foresight to forego that porsche  and pumped  it into Csl shares ( nice set of numbers today), stored  the share certificate in a safe  and pulled that out today. Instead of hunting around with a budget of 109k, Symsy  could put together a   decent line up of used p cars on your behalf on a retainer (997 turbo as  upfront fee) whilst you sort  out a  decent  shed down the road to house them with an equivalent lazy  min cash in hand amount of 8 million after deducting circa 2.5 mill in capital gains tax.

Good point, but I am sure quite a few people on here have shares and P cars.

i sold my CSL in 2013 not picking the up at $2 float price but I did get them at $32 and put the profit towards a P car. Haven’t beaten the total appreciation of them since but have enjoyed the car.

Roof racks on a herse serve no purpose- enjoy life while you can.

I would have loved one of these when new but held to build some wealth first- don’t wait too long.

Just my 3 cents worth

9 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Good point, but I am sure quite a few people on here have shares and P cars.

i sold my CSL in 2013 not picking the up at $2 float price but I did get them at $32 and put the profit towards a P car. Haven’t beaten the total appreciation of them since but have enjoyed the car.

Roof racks on a herse serve no purpose- enjoy life while you can.

I would have loved one of these when new but held to build some wealth first- don’t wait too long.

Just my 3 cents worth

I waste money on buying stuff 

Thats my two cents worth .... it’s all I got now 

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Hey @smit2100 great advice, but geez it would have been more useful if you had of  posted this on the forum 25 years ago!! 😀 

Hey @ Rick V not a x100 banger but  it's not my first post on here with a reference to Csl.  I  did post on here about 18 months ago when I think @lucky phil got some wacky idea of buying a 964 turbo as an investment when they were trending circa  600k and up..  Screw that I thought and get on csl.  Probably a lazy 40 ish percent (ex capital gains)since that post which isnt bad over the last 18months given current climate with little risk ( may be less risk averse than others and safer than houses me thought at the time if you had the cash)  So don't see 964 turbos trending towards 800k, but 600k of csl  at 40% less capital gains would of  been a sizable freekick towards a  991.1 gt3  or flogging off his  boxster plus that free kick would be not far off a bare bones 991.2 gt3 me thinks whilst preserving his  initial  600k dare I say to leave in csl.    Plus very very liquid asset eg lots of buyer vs how many really cashed up top end boosted  aircooled junkies.