Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 hours ago, Tips said:

Not quite P car related however enough architects on here to spark interest in a new project. I didn’t realise they assembled DS’s in Aust 😮 bit of Australian motoring history.

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0027-3448871/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1962-citroen-id-ds-19-parisienne-manual-sedan?redirect=0

Just nit picking but pretty sure that's an ID.  DS came out with the twin headlamps.

50 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Is that a UK import?

So if you sat on a leisurely 100 on that speedo in that car and drove from Brisbane to Goldcoast on the Pacific motorway,  I  reckon you wouldn't be driving that car again or any other car for a while.  Pretty pissy, otherwise eg my prior vb commodore could match it top speed wise based on the dials.

5 hours ago, smit2100 said:

So if you sat on a leisurely 100 on that speedo in that car and drove from Brisbane to Goldcoast on the Pacific motorway,  I  reckon you wouldn't be driving that car again or any other car for a while.  Pretty pissy, otherwise eg my prior vb commodore could match it top speed wise based on the dials.

@WB997.2GTS.  In terms of confusion,  for imperially minded folk, was it an option when purchasing a  Aud delivered 997  to tick a box  to get a speedometer like the one in the ad  picture  that shows a max speed of 200.   Now  if Mike  drove that car at 100 on   the Pacific motorway ( Mikes Qld based) with circa 3 fixed speed cameras on it from Brissy to the Goldcoast,  not convinced he would keep his license. (i.e Isn't 100 miles / hr circa 160km/hr).

32 minutes ago, Autofokus said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6229883/?Cr=0

What do we think of this car, relisted after showing as "SOLD" a few weeks back, seems to good to be true. Does anyone know this car? 

Aah the elusive RSR rep!  I've asked everyone I know here about it, yet noone has seen it on the road.

As usual, I'm happy to have have a look if anyone is keen. Just message me here or 0407942151

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Aah the elusive RSR rep!  I've asked everyone I know here about it, yet no one has seen it on the road.

As usual, I'm happy to have have a look if anyone is keen. Just message me here or 0407942151

Well being between 911's at the moment, I did some homework on it when it was previously listed, but there's not a lot to go on with this car, which is why its back listed for sale. The current owner doesn't drive it much and was not in any clubs, which is why its not a known car. I had a Porsche Club NSW friend check it out. If anyone else is keen I have lots more pics and info on it, including info the owner doesn't know...

21 minutes ago, Autofokus said:

, including info the owner doesn't know...

In comparison to Rob’s very nice uk wide body 3.2 that just sold to a PFAer, not sure this is a good price based on low info/history. I’m assuming it’s a new speedo being an ex UK car and claiming low Km’s it would be interesting if there is info on exactly how much mileage on the engine etc

19 hours ago, smit2100 said:

@WB997.2GTS.  In terms of confusion,  for imperially minded folk, was it an option when purchasing a  Aud delivered 997  to tick a box  to get a speedometer like the one in the ad  picture  that shows a max speed of 200.   Now  if Mike  drove that car at 100 on   the Pacific motorway ( Mikes Qld based) with circa 3 fixed speed cameras on it from Brissy to the Goldcoast,  not convinced he would keep his license. (i.e Isn't 100 miles / hr circa 160km/hr).

Should also have a digital speed display that can be set to miles or kilometres, maybe within the tacho.

2 hours ago, 9er said:

Should also have a digital speed display that can be set to miles or kilometres, maybe within the tacho.

It does have a digital speedo, look at the tacho. It’s has also been set to read Km’s. That is why I was confused by the comment.

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

That'd be a step up for you, wouldn't it? .... 🤣🤣

Yeah, yeah I know ... you don't like me very much ... :Passusabeer:

you'll keep.....but not very long or well given you're out in the 'air' (cooling if that's what you'd call it what with all the hot air coming from you)  and not in the world of 'water' (cooled refrigeration)

8 hours ago, RennRob said:

I believe that it may have been for sale a little while back as it wears those rear wind diffusers on the rear bumper and there was a silver one for sale with those same add ons a couple months back. Very nice car if so.... Except for those diffusers.