Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

I believe that it may have been for sale a little while back as it wears those rear wind diffusers on the rear bumper and there was a silver one for sale with those same add ons a couple months back. Very nice car if so.... Except for those diffusers. 

Thanks @Harold996tt I did notice those diffusers and thought that they looked a bit odd.

Has prompted me to start thinking a little seriously about getting a GT3....

1 hour ago, RennRob said:

Thanks @Harold996tt I did notice those diffusers and thought that they looked a bit odd.

Has prompted me to start thinking a little seriously about getting a GT3....

Was discussing the Gt 3 with a friend today. They really are a must have car . 

I may be wrong ..... 

13 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

I believe that it may have been for sale a little while back as it wears those rear wind diffusers on the rear bumper and there was a silver one for sale with those same add ons a couple months back. Very nice car if so.... Except for those diffusers. 

If I took those spats off and de-winged it, I reckon I could swap my Carrera for it in the garage without anyone here noticing... 🤔😁

1 hour ago, JWM said:

If I took those spats off and de-winged it, I reckon I could swap my Carrera for it in the garage without anyone here noticing... 🤔😁

My thinking was along the same lines. My arctic silver c2 looks exactly the same sans the aero kit. Even have the same wheels. 

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Big kms compared to a typical GT3 but low kms for a 19 y/o car.  What’s that mean for its value.....🤔

Imo price is about right.....these cars are getting close to the point on the depreciation/valuation curve that spending money on it would add value to it, rather than being a lost expense.

Go and look at current asking prices for 964’s, then come back and compare.... its a no-brainer in my mind that this is where the 911 value is at present.

On 30/08/2019 at 21:37, wilson59 said:

Was discussing the Gt 3 with a friend today. They really are a must have car . 

I may be wrong ..... 

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/porsche-911-gt3-1999-996-2019-991-2-drive-review/

Slowly I think people will come around to see its the last of the truly analog cars before Porsche went mental with insane performance that can't be reasonably used on the road. 

On 31/08/2019 at 20:38, edgy said:

Consider that motor has run years and years of 24 endurance races, I wouldn’t be overly concerned with the mileage, unless it’s all track miles 😂 

the additional aero is actually OEM, and standard equipment for MY 2001 cars, but we never got MY 2001 here to my knowledge 

I drove a locally delivered X51 that had the additional aeros. prefer to not have them but not killing me.

14 hours ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1972-Porsche-911-S-F-Manual/SSE-AD-6275468

More: for lovers of yellow. 1972 targa with a 3.6. $95k

Tough to price that one - not a combo usually seen.  Prob money to be made replacing 3.6 with period correct and selling 3.6 separately.  You couldn’t build it for the price.

4 hours ago, turboT said:

Will need some help loading the film onto this site mate. You the man? 

I'm a numpty mate. I'd upload it to YouTube then share the link here. Maybe upload to Instagram IGTV too, though I havent tried that yet. You'll also make it a global ad without the fees

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 01:47, Coastr said:

Tough to price that one - not a combo usually seen.  Prob money to be made replacing 3.6 with period correct and selling 3.6 separately.  You couldn’t build it for the price.

Converted car which is fine; would have ditched the sugar scoop headlights though.

Some money on replacing those and an interior colour change on the later model seats and would be a nice sleeper car for someone