Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

7 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

Check out this 1997 Porsche 911 Carrera 993 Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-Porsche-911-Carrera-993-Manual/SSE-AD-5747073

Looks like it could be a nice basis for something....

I really really like it, I'm not in the market for a cab though. He put the price up $10,000 this morning! Been on CS for 2 months

On 26/09/2013 at 12:18, Orion03 said:

White 993s rock trust me 

as late comment on Hotrods and I agree with many comment especially  @Uncle comments on Hotrod s having built one and recently sold one very much under price , most people aint got the balls to buy one .. is my experience 

my car had hot suspension good rebuilt motor and strong gearbox lsd etc A build sheet and track times to match 

if I had 50 bucks fir every man that asked about heaters , a/c and radios I would have been a rich man .. my lesson in Australia many talk a big game but can’t handle a bit of rough with character .

993 Hotrod should be the next to build for someone over working on an G series and with the 964 price point .. how’s about someone build an Aussie gunterwerks style car 😊 great value in some of the cheaper 993 course out there at the moment . 

The yellow cab at 70k needs a roof welded on it and to be bought cheap ..

Let me me know when ur ready I have a fresh 3.8 rs sorc 993 motor with no project for it to go in sitting on the shelf 350 plus BHP 

Off ya go then, lead by example mate 👍😁

Reckon you'd know a helluva lot more than I, that in this reasonably flat market, noone is going to 'hot rod' a 993 unless it's a basket case or an utter bargain to start with (or your name is Ryan 😉), and there ain't many of them around. 

I totally agree with 'Cant handle a bit of character', as look at what you recently sold with the blue one! An amazing car that NO standard G series car would ever come close to handling wise and how much was spent on it (trust me when I tell you I was inundated with many "So what's it really like?" questions, and was also contacted by someone in the UK about it), yet I'd say you'd agree it was probably seen as a bit of a leper to most prospective Australian Porsche owners. Just a shame people didnt drive it, as they would have thrown the cash at you if they did. That's how I see a custom 993 (unless it was a GT2 replica)...Great cars no doubt, yet are they TOO nice/sanitised for those who want something custom and harder edged? I put them in the same category as a 996, in that yes you can modify them, but less is more or you'll f..k it up.

Re building a "Gunterworks" type car. That would be in the realms of GT3RS money. Sure it would be unique, yet also a good way to lose a shed load of cash if you wanted to sell it. We all know that isn't on the agenda for most Porsche owners when they own these things

There are mildly modified cars and there are track cars. Both are very different value/ownership propositions. One persons “hot rod” is based on looks, another is based on performance, some do both. Too many variations on the theme to simply label as a “hot rod” as that could be an ex track racer to a Singer? 

There is a market for modified cars but it’s a niche. Enthusiast market vs collector market. Certain cars can tread the fine line between both though. 

7 hours ago, symsy said:

White 993s rock trust me 

as late comment on Hotrods and I agree with many comment especially  @Uncle comments on Hotrod s having built one and recently sold one very much under price , most people aint got the balls to buy one .. is my experience 

my car had hot suspension good rebuilt motor and strong gearbox lsd etc A build sheet and track times to match 

if I had 50 bucks fir every man that asked about heaters , a/c and radios I would have been a rich man .. my lesson in Australia many talk a big game but can’t handle a bit of rough with character .

993 Hotrod should be the next to build for someone over working on an G series and with the 964 price point .. how’s about someone build an Aussie gunterwerks style car 😊 great value in some of the cheaper 993 course out there at the moment . 

The yellow cab at 70k needs a roof welded on it and to be bought cheap ..

Let me me know when ur ready I have a fresh 3.8 rs sorc 993 motor with no project for it to go in sitting on the shelf 350 plus BHP 

Symsy is right. A 993 makes a bloody fun car to mod. I kept mine all comfortable with aircon, heated and radio though. But fun wise it leaves any standard 993 for absolutely dead. And still makes a perfect daily driver. Lee is right. Being the typical 993 driver I didn't want it too extreme. This wasn't cheap or an absolute basket case but it's now the best 993 I have owned. And it's just a base pre varioram. 

IMG_20190704_064742_081.jpg

@hugh  hotrods should be hot ... style cars stylish . As you say mate very few cars do both , hence we have many 🤔

GT3 in ST Longhood the dream 😊

@LeeM  Loosing money is like the bastard orphaned child dude , most people’s EGOs won’t let them tell that story ....

Invest In smiles and miles 

50 minutes ago, symsy said:

@LeeM  Loosing money is like the bastard orphaned child dude , most people’s EGOs won’t let them tell that story ....

Invest In smiles and miles 

You know that's my opinion mate. I don't give a toss about values or whether a particular bolt is facing the right way, just enjoy the thing