Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 30/09/2019 at 13:54, turboT said:

...and confirmed that this is how it came from the man himself. There are a number of little 'Magnus touches' to the car - its what makes it a little less 'normal.' This isn't a true stock 930, although easily reversible as all the important bits are there (matching numbers etc)..., but I think that would be missing the point if anyone bought it to return to stock.

I like cars with personality and a bit of a story. Hopefully I find a buyer who thinks the same.

or did it ?

37 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Is that a magnus photo or an australian photo?  has the ca plate on it.  Nonetheless we have tilt on the badging, but not the same wording.

FWIW I love the US only 'turboCarrera' badging.

It's a hard one . Not many photos of this car around so really hard to go and search it out

14 minutes ago, turboT said:

you guys are funny fuckers..

Ron reversed his mix up this morning and all is returned to how the Germans intended.

In the meantime it looks like OTLW's topping Singer values 😁 

IMG_4420_zpsuwbe08iq.jpg

Imagine the price if Stevie Wonder didn’t fit the Turbo badge 

3 hours ago, turboT said:

Ron reversed his mix up this morning and all is returned to how the Germans intended.

IMG_4420_zpsuwbe08iq.jpg

It’s the Typ 64 debacle all over again!  Should have opened at $30M...

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

Yikes I'd be getting onto the pcarmarket peeps pronto - you don't want any typ64 whiff about it - if people think these are joke bids then the whole thing could go sideways

I mean get them to erase the incorrect bid and replace it with the proper one

Erroneous bid deleted, and already past what that number was meant to be anyway. 

Spoken about in 996 GT3 market watch thread but dropping it in here if anyone has any information?

Originally posted about a forrnight ago and was taken off the market within a day. Back now, apparently finance fell through.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/OAG-AD-17659498/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

So I'd heard before that only 5 manual 987 Spyder's came into Australia. If that's the case then 80% of them are now on market! @Apogee want to make it 100% 😉

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/porsche/boxster/spyder-badge/

Three of those cars have been sitting a while now, the highest priced one at $139k for over a year. Might be time for a price adjustment...

Ironically not one of the 20 odd PDK cars for sale. Coincidence or changing times?

Now that @Dave986 has bought a car (congrats mate, and thanks to @9er for doing the pre ppi, ppi (poke/prod inspection), I had a look at this one coupla weeks ago.

A very nice car and definitley one of the best air cooleds I've driven yet. Engine is very quiet, no smoke on start up from cold and performs exceptionally well, as does the slick as f... gearbox which was very positive and smooth as silk. It's not mentioned in the ad, yet it has Boxster front calipers fitted (seller wasn't aware until I told him) which are fantastic...Stomp on the pedal and you STOP!  A hardly noticeable very small dent (dint to you Victorians) on the drivers door which could easily be rectified by a mobile panel guy, and no rust was evident that I saw. Floor pan, bottom of the roll hoop and the bottom of the A/B pillars looked good, as did the parcel shelf. The owner is a great bloke and very open with showing me the service history from Buik Motorworks and the previous owners service history, and it is a very honest ad that I think under sells the car. If you're looking to get into an air cooled, I'd definitely consider calling the seller.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1984-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-4713082?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-4713082

On 02/10/2019 at 17:10, turboT said:

IMG_4420_zpsuwbe08iq.jpg

So the auction fell over?