Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, turboT said:

You and me both...

spent a lot prepping the car for sure. Certainly no money made on this one but a good global value for a 3.0l turbo in this market as the last one sold for $50kUS less only a few weeks ago. 

I am presuming the P car market it's all in USD? It's a pretty neat little site with parts listings too. 

On 14/10/2019 at 20:40, OBRUT said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-Porsche-911-Carrera-2-964-Auto/OAG-AD-17698520?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-17698520

Ok, this colourway is very me. Anyone want an Aust delivery, metallic black, every option, factory turbo look wide body 964 cab?

Just make sure you get it thoroughly checked if you go ahead with it

14 minutes ago, edgy said:

Yeah what happened to “international expressions of interest above $235k” 

Tom needs to offer his marketing services I think.... 

Was thinking the same thing . Selling a car can be a very humbling experience I think 🤔 

19 hours ago, Arnage said:

Who knows.

when first posted it was $165k, which is probably a good starting point to start negotiating.

great looking car.

135 then for a quick turn around 

My question is to the crew at what price does it become compelling to run across the road a draw out ya dosh and go stand and haggle with the dude .

its a looker if a car and it sounds like it’s been through iterations where there has been work repeated ... for me as a buyer , I want the result but don’t wanna pay for their indecision or not going through the whole restomod in one pass , neither do I wanna pay for  recovery of Porsche shop dollars when they could have potentially gone to do basic shit that should be done by auto electricians or engineering shops

An extra paint job what’s that in costs 20k at Goodman’s , doesn’t mean it’s worth 20k more . I generally would buy a car away from my colour choice range but might pay an extra 3-5k for my specific choice 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

It’s a great looking car 

Yep even before the change of colour and all the work that was done to make the car look more like a singer 911 ,,,the Zag brothers did a great job on it and created a fantastic ST replica .

I saw the car in the flesh several times when it was Mexican blue and it really was a stunning build and a great example of a 911 hotrod .

The Zag brothers have done several of them and they are all stunning cars .. 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

correct ,,,some original images of the car from back then ..

Car was sold to current owner and then under went a full respray in the current colour by Ron Goodman ..

8149546787-4c07ef4b7a-b.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

slide_9.jpg

slide_Rob_Scheeren_Autofokus_Porsche_Con

8149575052-d834a51c7c-b.jpg

8149574938-1996c9f0b3-b.jpg

cp4975798148052773804.jpg

cp5219594131419243835.jpg

cp5722161250489124597.jpg

cp4888663318196053164.jpg

cp5243167834841164001.jpg

That’s the puppy , had some published event or track times I believe , it’s took a while to shift I recall and was 95k at s low point if I recall correctly .. how does new paint get it to the new number ? 

I hate to pick on what I recall then as a good car as it fought my eye  and now an even better car .. but the creativity on pricing ?? The market has moved down in many areas if anything ? 

I suspect the current seller is not counting on PFA members like us knowing the history of the car , and is trying to get back a large portion of the coin he spent transforming the car to its current look .

In all fairness to the current seller I do not think I could create what he is selling for that $195 K asking price from a bare shell .

The thing is as you have mentioned above Symsy , the car sold in its original mexican blue form for around $95K ,so has the current owner put an extra $100K worth into the car .......?

My opinion its possible but only if the original engine was redone ..???? ...........$25 to $30K on the bare metal respray from Mr Goodman ,we all know Ron does top end work ,,and lets say and extra $20 K for the interior work ,If the engine got a full rebuild it could have cost upwards of $40K ,,, so we are getting to the asking price ..

But time will tell on the sale of this car as I would expect the seller needs to find the right sort of person prepared to pay the asking price ,but as you said the market has dropped and the frenzy to buy air cooled 911,s is not what it was 5 years ago  .

I do like what he has created ,but I do feel he will not get his money back ,,,and lets face it we rarely ever do on cars ,,,regardless one to keep and eye on ,,,he could get desperate for a quick sale ........ :)

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

I suspect the current seller is not counting on PFA members like us knowing the history of the car , and is trying to get back a large portion of the coin he spent transforming the car to its current look .

In all fairness to the current seller I do not think I could create what he is selling for that $195 K asking price from a bare shell .

The thing is as you have mentioned above Symsy , the car sold in its original mexican blue form for around $95K ,so has the current owner put an extra $100K worth into the car .......?

My opinion its possible but only if the original engine was redone ..???? ...........$25 to $30K on the bare metal respray from Mr Goodman ,we all know Ron does top end work ,,and lets say and extra $20 K for the interior work ,If the engine got a full rebuild it could have cost upwards of $40K ,,, so we are getting to the asking price ..

But time will tell on the sale of this car as I would expect the seller needs to find the right sort of person prepared to pay the asking price ,but as you said the market has dropped and the frenzy to buy air cooled 911,s is not what it was 5 years ago  .

I do like what he has created ,but I do feel he will not get his money back ,,,and lets face it we rarely ever do on cars ,,,regardless one to keep and eye on ,,,he could get desperate for a quick sale ........ :)

Agree on build costs but would we  build a car from a long hood base or or Gseries at that kinda coin ? 

We seem to think on a very similar level .. prices as we see are fabrications of perception , looks fast vs is fast , rust free vs bare metal rust free resto , recovery of money dictates price vs real value .

Many  things are very personal and I’m probably a good 20k lighter for playing in the mod game .. not all mods present value to others .. a new motoring mantra and lesson learned  for me . Followed by most mods are on the spec sheet  for many builders snd buyers for forum bragging rights and the cars will never get exercised to warrant the fitnent 

I will put it on my watch list 😆I do need something to drop the 3.8 in .. still ain’t  brought myself to part with that motor .. 

I remember the orange Zag car (shown on their website) for sale in Vic for $72k several years ago, sat for a while.   There were some derogatory comments at the time about Zag backdates.  It's probably a few hundred pages back in this thread.

Then along comes Singer and so a tarted up Zag is now worth $200k by association......🤔?  Good luck with that!

3 hours ago, Raven said:

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Agree on build costs but would we  build a car from a long hood base or or Gseries at that kinda coin ? 

We seem to think on a very similar level .. prices as we see are fabrications of perception , looks fast vs is fast , rust free vs bare metal rust free resto , recovery of money dictates price vs real value .

Many  things are very personal and I’m probably a good 20k lighter for playing in the mod game .. not all mods present value to others .. a new motoring mantra and lesson learned  for me . Followed by most mods are on the spec sheet  for many builders snd buyers for forum bragging rights and the cars will never get exercised to warrant the fitnent 

I will put it on my watch list 😆I do need something to drop the 3.8 in .. still ain’t  brought myself to part with that motor .. 

Add indicates work done inc eng rebuild @ 10,000klms ago, so unlikely any engine costs. So, interior & paint using Ravens figures = $45,000, total if purchase at $95,000 (who can confirm?) $140,000 plus other odds & sods say $150,000 to break even.

makes $135,000 seem reasonable indeed.

also have concerns about a 915 box coping with the torque of a 993 engine if it's not suitably modded/strengthened.

59 minutes ago, ber914 said:

At the end of the day, does it matter what has been spent on the car? 

Nnnope! 

People are sometimes in disbelief when others pay $300-400-500k or even millions for a car, yet whatever floats your boat within your budget is fine by me. Just make sure you drive it! 

3 hours ago, ber914 said:

At the end of the day, does it matter what has been spent on the car? Surely it is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it at the time.

Would be really surprised if that was anywhere near the asking price at this point in time.

Rob

And the amount for to cross the road to slap ur money on the table if  u were a buyer is ?