Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

9 hours ago, DJM said:

I remember the orange Zag car (shown on their website) for sale in Vic for $72k several years ago, sat for a while.   There were some derogatory comments at the time about Zag backdates.  It's probably a few hundred pages back in this thread.

Then along comes Singer and so a tarted up Zag is now worth $200k by association......🤔?  Good luck with that!

The orange and the green were for sometime at Healy melb in times gone by , the orange had front scuttle damage still obvious .. zag to their credit at the time even advised me what punters started with good donor cars and which ones didn’t .

Many of the donot cars probably then crashed or already bastardised at 25-35 k , many were  just built cosmetically , with stuff all done to mechanicals .. I guess as values grew ZAG treatment grew and the demand along side that . . I guess over time they could also be less and less dictated by the owners and could uphold a better level of quality as the cars residual value was there post restomod.

It’s just how the market evolved , I remember looking at the green one at the time and had many an engine leak but body and interior looked the part , the orange with damage and funny wheels ,  I ran from very quickly .. 

5 hours ago, ber914 said:

At the end of the day, does it matter what has been spent on the car? Surely it is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it at the time.

Would be really surprised if that was anywhere near the asking price at this point in time.

Rob

Exactly.  If modifying a car means you can add the cost of the mods to the purchase price and get your money back on sale, I'd have a lot more money in my bank account 😂

In this case the mods appear cosmetic - interior and exterior colour change.  You'd imagine body, paint and interior were fine given the car was "zagged" in 2010.  So unlike an engine or gearbox rebuild or better suspension, to me cosmetic stuff just because doesn't add any value unless you really prefer the new colour scheme.  And even then it'd fall well short of covering the cost.

To me it's still the $95k car it used to be. i do prefer the grey over wine vs blue over black but I wouldn't pay any more because of that. 

Reminds me of developers listing their brand name architect, brand name interior designer, brand name landscape designer in ads hoping that somehow it adds $500k to their apartment prices.

maybe he should hire a model for a photo shoot, do a drone video and spam it all over social media then list on PCar market 🤔  That'll get $100k more 😂

8 hours ago, DJM said:

In this case the mods appear cosmetic - interior and exterior colour change.  You'd imagine body, paint and interior were fine given the car was "zagged" in 2010.  So unlike an engine or gearbox rebuild or better suspension, to me cosmetic stuff just because doesn't add any value unless you really prefer the new colour scheme.  And even then it'd fall well short of covering the cost.

To me it's still the $95k car it used to be. i do prefer the grey over wine vs blue over black but I wouldn't pay any more because of that. 

Reminds me of developers listing their brand name architect, brand name interior designer, brand name landscape designer in ads hoping that somehow it adds $500k to their apartment prices.

maybe he should hire a model for a photo shoot, do a drone video and spam it all over social media then list on PCar market 🤔  That'll get $100k more 😂

barely know the guy but why let facts get in the way of a good trolling? 😐

if you read the ad the engine has been rebuilt, suspension upgraded, completely new interior and many more items way above a simple cosmetic job. I've seen it in person and its a quality job. Not a Singer...but not $1,000,000 either.

The original ZAG car was rough. Yes a reasonable body, but they did zero mechanical work. No doubt built when you could do a back date for $50k and all the body parts came from Japan. I believe it also originally sold for $110k

You'd be stupid to think you ever get your money back when you properly look after these cars and spend the money needed to get them to this kind of condition. 

But I guess you'd be stupid to think this was a $95k car aswell ;)

A little more respect for owners hardwork wouldn't go a miss on this site. Having recently, as you have alluded , played the global sales game, putting up with dickhead misinformed comments is a little tiresome...

9 minutes ago, turboT said:

But I guess you'd be stupid to think this was a $95k car aswell ;)

A little more respect for owners hardwork wouldn't go a miss on this site. Having recently, as you have alluded , played the global sales game, putting up with dickhead misinformed comments is a little tiresome...

Guess I am a stupid dickhead then.

I was asked a question and replied with what I would be prepared to pay. I have no doubt that eventually it will sell for somewhere between that figure and the asking price.

Rob

1 hour ago, ber914 said:

Guess I am a stupid dickhead then.

I was asked a question and replied with what I would be prepared to pay. I have no doubt that eventually it will sell for somewhere between that figure and the asking price.

Rob

I’m standing with you Rob my intention to just get down to a  measure on opinions .  This and other forums always pose a lot of conjecture and I like a good definition of appreciation being price !!!   Cos let’s face it that’s where all the chat comes home in a single point 😊

As for sensitive sellers , if their egos put their price out there with Romantic Ideals there their egos will naturally get dented .. financial transactions quickly shape reality.

I have no knowledge of the seller and I’m just talking against an impersonal subject and having debate ..  Two of us dickheads bantering hey .

I like the car the seller has at least it  got a bit of attention  

Is it a bloody import ?  

I think before we rush to protect the seller , remember they are not all children also has the right to refuse just like a good looking chick turns down many dates and offers if drinks I bet . 

I hope Mr Grey car get its true value 

And fuch me Tom you bored the tits off us spamming for weeks , let us talk freely now young man about something else 

3 hours ago, reggiegums said:

You're kidding.

Did ya try yet ? You like the lowball approach .. if I recall correctly , don’t ask don’t get or don’t get the clarity even 

22 hours ago, Raven said:

correct ,,,some original images of the car from back then ..

Car was sold to current owner and then under went a full respray in the current colour by Ron Goodman ..

8149546787-4c07ef4b7a-b.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

slide_9.jpg

slide_Rob_Scheeren_Autofokus_Porsche_Con

8149575052-d834a51c7c-b.jpg

8149574938-1996c9f0b3-b.jpg

cp4975798148052773804.jpg

cp5219594131419243835.jpg

cp5722161250489124597.jpg

cp4888663318196053164.jpg

cp5243167834841164001.jpg

That’s the puppy , had some published event or track times I believe , it’s took a while to shift I recall and was 95k at s low point if I recall correctly .. how does new paint get it to the new number ? 

I hate to pick on what I recall then as a good car as it fought my eye  and now an even better car .. but the creativity on pricing ?? The market has moved down in many areas if anything ? 

I can't help but think what 100 - 130 buys in terms of fun & see it sitting right in there for a sale.  I hope the owner gets every bit they are after and the buyer is a happy next owner.  I'm sure far more has been invested in the car  than 100 - 130 yet that matters little (to many/all buyers).  If anyone out there wishes to purchase a car based on money spent, I have a 180k 928 for you whenever you're ready (it's even lurking in the above pics).

4 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

I can't help but think what 100 - 130 buys in terms of fun & see it sitting right in there for a sale.  I hope the owner gets every bit they are after and the buyer is a happy next owner.  I'm sure far more has been invested in the car  than 100 - 130 yet that matters little (to many/all buyers).  If anyone out there wishes to purchase a car based on money spent, I have a 180k 928 for you whenever you're ready (it's even lurking in the above pics).

How much do you want for said 928😬

8 hours ago, turboT said:

😂😂 the commentary is about the value, no criticism of the "hard work"

i don't find this discussion anywhere near as tiresome as the coming soon, sneak peak, wait for it...........MAGNUS WALKER car that stalked me for months, thank Christ that's done.  if the re-sprayed Zag mobile finds a buyer anywhere near $200k I'll eat my hat.  I think this subject has been done to death so over and out from me.

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

And the price is double WOW.  😮😮 Must be the dearest 993 (non turbo) on the market.

It's a Carrera S in manual--only 31 in oz so can't compare to Carrera. Historically the manual Carrera S the last year and a half has seen sales at 190-220k but higher mileage admittedly and more owners. In current market this car I would guess is around 200 max. 

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Serious $$ for a garage queen. Probably won’t stay on our shores at that money.

Agree why would someone pay this unless they want to stash it again.... But with battery cars coming in... Forget it investments ain't going anywhere this next couple years all the more so with the credit bubble waiting to explode. 

I think everyone needs to have a beer and chill out.  Alls fair in love and car sales?

Having been witness to sales a few times that get sunk by an unwarranted comment I get why people selling get nervous from banter which any other day would get laughed at.  The zag car has been discussed a lot and I bet the owner has read it.

Then again buyers love to hear others opinions...which is why this thread keeps on trucking.

8 minutes ago, Coastr said:

I think everyone needs to have a beer and chill out.  Alls fair in love and car sales?

Having been witness to sales a few times that get sunk by an unwarranted comment I get why people selling get nervous from banter which any other day would get laughed at.  The zag car has been discussed a lot and I bet the owner has read it.

Then again buyers love to hear others opinions...which is why this thread keeps on trucking.

They can keep on making battery cars but I will keep burning fuel as long as they let me and then will just be happy just looking at the old fuel burning relic 

23 minutes ago, Coastr said:

True. Each of us no doubt love our cars more than any prospective or arm chair buyer and there will always be a gap between both sides. In the end the market will decide but unless there is something hugely wrong with a specific car we may want to consider what we would feel like if someone else were making public comments abort a car we are trying to sell. What was it... Do unto others.... Thanks for the reminder mate. 

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Hands off dicks and keyboards and hands on bottle or gearshift a perfect resolution ..

The thread frotheth over 

I still like to know what people would pay alongside their opinion  .. maybe we need a Carsales tipping comp 🤫 

5 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

It's a Carrera S in manual--only 31 in oz so can't compare to Carrera. Historically the manual Carrera S the last year and a half has seen sales at 190-220k but higher mileage admittedly and more owners. In current market this car I would guess is around 200 max. 

Agree why would someone pay this unless they want to stash it again.... But with battery cars coming in... Forget it investments ain't going anywhere this next couple years all the more so with the credit bubble waiting to explode. 

Probably some strong gains in RE market short term till it goes seriously tits up. GFC eat your heart out. Going to be completely out of our hands and the ammo cupboard is bare. How long before the Aussie is trading at 50 cents if they try QE? I give it 3 months.

A 993S man at $240k is an interesting number. A 993 c4s (179,000klms) at Autohaus Hamilton was for sale for ages before the price dropped to $159000 then went (993 Turbo, without the Turbo).

Car for car (ignoring the BS hype of 2WD) 4S is a far better specced car than a std 993S (just a std 993 with a wide body, slower to 60mph/100klms than a std 993). Personally I think the Dealers & so called enthusiasts build up the 2wd desirability up way to much, as if they are such experts as to be able to tell any difference in say 98% of most driving. So, following on from this why is a 993 Turbo (4wd lets not forget) a $300k+ car, its closest relative (C4S) $160k car, then a C2S $240k, I'm struggling with this.

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

Probably some strong gains in RE market short term till it goes seriously tits up. GFC eat your heart out. Going to be completely out of our hands and the ammo cupboard is bare. How long before the Aussie is trading at 50 cents if they try QE? I give it 3 months.

AUD @ 50c. Bring it on!  All your porsche belong to us!  

get it down to 10c and the mortgage will be done as well :)

I wouldn’t stress - the rest of the world has been at zero or negative real rates for a while .. a blowup in Oz just a thimble of fuel on that bonfire 

9 hours ago, Arnage said:

A 993S man at $240k is an interesting number. A 993 c4s (179,000klms) at Autohaus Hamilton was for sale for ages before the price dropped to $159000 then went (993 Turbo, without the Turbo).

Car for car (ignoring the BS hype of 2WD) 4S is a far better specced car than a std 993S (just a std 993 with a wide body, slower to 60mph/100klms than a std 993). Personally I think the Dealers & so called enthusiasts build up the 2wd desirability up way to much, as if they are such experts as to be able to tell any difference in say 98% of most driving. So, following on from this why is a 993 Turbo (4wd lets not forget) a $300k+ car, its closest relative (C4S) $160k car, then a C2S $240k, I'm struggling with this.

Isn’t some of the 2wd hype related to rarity and perceived more mechanical simplicity, plus an added dash of purity?