Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 18/05/2020 at 20:08, Fishcop said:

Looking to dip a toe back into a Pcar.  I'm aware of some nice 944s (Turbo and S2) available off-market, but this one has been around a while and I love the colour combo (I know it's an import and the KM speedo has to have been replaced thus throwing shade on that 159k odometer).  Really just trying to educate myself - anyone know much about this 944 Turbo https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lane-cove-west/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-944-turbo-immaculate-5-speed-all-books/1240174250

No ulterior motive - this looks nice:

On 18/05/2020 at 20:08, Fishcop said:

Looking to dip a toe back into a Pcar.  I'm aware of some nice 944s (Turbo and S2) available off-market, but this one has been around a while and I love the colour combo (I know it's an import and the KM speedo has to have been replaced thus throwing shade on that 159k odometer).  Really just trying to educate myself - anyone know much about this 944 Turbo https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lane-cove-west/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-944-turbo-immaculate-5-speed-all-books/1240174250

Looks good in the pics, John. You'd want some km verification re the changed speedo, and a good look underneath, despite having reportedly belonged to Porsche Club Pres in GB.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Looks good in the pics, John. You'd want some km verification re the changed speedo, and a good look underneath, despite having reportedly belonged to Porsche Club Pres in GB.

Despite asking, the seller cannot/has not provided some recent evidence of maintenance - only stating that it was owned by a local Porsche tech - but no name is provided.  Plus he's highlighting 157k in kilometers, and as we all know the speedo must have been in miles originally.  NSW is starting to be a bit easier to move around in now, so I may go and have a look.  QLD and SA cars are still off the table.  I thought someone here may know it/viewed it/driven it.

1 hour ago, wobaby said:

Not me sadly.  For me a 944 Turbo really has to have some quality providence given the cost of getting one rebuilt if something goes wrong.  This one was a superb colour combo and looked the goods, but I couldn't see it in the flesh because of recent travel issues and I think the seller thought I was tyre kicking and didn't take my request for some better service history documents beyond the UK books which stopped in 1999 - so that's 20 years of vague "looked after by a Porsche tech" gambling I couldn't accept.  I'm please for who ever has bought it and hope their pre-purchase homework checked out.

5 hours ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.lorbek.com.au/prestige-cars/details/1985-porsche-911-1021211_326812

1985 930 turbo slantnose,

asking just shy of $1 million

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Stunner! Big ask, my guess is more like 700k but that's a guess.

1985 Porsche 911 Turbo (930) Slantnose

So the Lorbek Red Slantnose is an Aus delivered 24,000km car @  $950,000...!

To my untrained eye, is this not the same as the Matt @ Porchaden has..? 

(I do see his one is originally a UK Delivered car)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-turbo-manual/OAG-AD-18729371/?Cr=0

But... $195,000 vs $950,000 

wtf??

On 25/05/2020 at 21:54, Dalai said:

Hopefully to be raced in Historics and not just locked away in a collection!

That car has seen use at PI historics and regular use at The Bend. Hope the next owner exercises it also.

Car was previously owned by Ham Legay (not sure on spelling) and has been in the Porsche wind tunnel for some aero development.

Great car - owned by an enthusiast who I know very well

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

So the Lorbek Red Slantnose is an Aus delivered 24,000km car @  $950,000...!

To my untrained eye, is this not the same as the Matt @ Porchaden has..? 

(I do see his one is originally a UK Delivered car)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-turbo-manual/OAG-AD-18729371/?Cr=0

But... $195,000 vs $950,000 

wtf??

grey v red

UK v Aus delivery

$195k v $950k

I know which I'd have if I had to buy one

3 hours ago, NevB said:

Interesting that the centre console on the Lorbek car is different and seems to include a turbo boost knob

Yes, and the dash itself is also different. They are different build years.