Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

10 hours ago, tomk86 said:

This seems to be reasonable value for anyone looking for a manual 997.2 C2S. Seen some stupid pricing on these over the last 6-12 months.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-6828593

Gone already. What was the ask?

On 19/09/2020 at 14:31, Turra said:

I said to the guy if he got a clean bill of health from Autohaus, I would pay the asking price, $105 without it. Can't be any more upfront than that. Car has been on the market a very long time so I reckon he just tells his wife he can't sell it.

Car now on hold, did you agree a price, or has discussion on PFA helped the sale once again 😂

4 minutes ago, Turra said:

Nope. I advised him to take it off the market for 6 months as it’s been there a long time, won’t get that money as it’s too well known. Pretty sure that’s what has happened. 😬😬

It would be the first unrealistic seller that’s listened to market advice, 😏🤣

On 21/09/2020 at 01:55, luzzo said:

It's already "under offer"..!

And a new listing: 1977 Carrera 3.0 (POA)

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1977-porsche-911-carrera-3-0-guards-red/

Looks like CTS has a bit of interest in G bodIes at the moment for good prices, might slip mine in the back door and see what interest there is for it 😏

I've noticed this too. I'm also tempted/curious. But then what? Look for another, and hope to find the right car at the right price? 

It is tempting though. If for example someone was to offer $150K for my car, and I wasn't interested in selling, does that mean I value my car more than $150K?

Maybe it's best to just enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling knowing I get to enjoy something which appears to be increasing in value, and has minimal annual costs being on Historic Club Plates. Don't need to feel guilty for spending $100K+ on a toy for myself.

10 hours ago, Nikos said:

I've noticed this too. I'm also tempted/curious. But then what? Look for another, and hope to find the right car at the right price? 

It is tempting though. If for example someone was to offer $150K for my car, and I wasn't interested in selling, does that mean I value my car more than $150K?

Maybe it's best to just enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling knowing I get to enjoy something which appears to be increasing in value, and has minimal annual costs being on Historic Club Plates. Don't need to feel guilty for spending $100K+ on a toy for myself.

Totally my dilemma. Can only have one at a time and whilst I love it, there are other P cars I would like to try..... if the money is right I will move on, if it's not, I am more than happy to stay, best of both worlds 👍

On 23/09/2020 at 07:46, Tips said:

Looks like CTS has a bit of interest in G bodIes at the moment for good prices, might slip mine in the back door and see what interest there is for it 😏

Wow!  

Nice cars but I would not have expected top $ ones.  I obviously have no idea.

1 hour ago, Nikos said:

Seriously! Allready "Under Offer"

What am I missing? 1977 3.0L with 236,000km's.....$170K

Let me know how you go at CTS through the back door Tips.

Is this an ex-Victorian car by any chance?

16 hours ago, Nikos said:

Seriously! Allready "Under Offer"

What am I missing? 1977 3.0L with 236,000km's.....$170K

Let me know how you go at CTS through the back door Tips.

Jay has had a few days to see what interest is around, need to check in