Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 hours ago, grantmr said:

1 hour ago, brian in buddina said:

looks good 

but due for a clutch job

still on the original clutch, I called him a couple weeks ago

4 photo's, seriously, if you thought you had an above average "collectable" car why would you not have some nice piccies of the sought after items, is it a sought after model?

Seeing double:blink: "Only about 6 in Australia", well here's 2 for sale at the same time.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-boxster-s-986-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6763694/?Cr=2

21 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

4 photo's, seriously, if you thought you had an above average "collectable" car why would you not have some nice piccies of the sought after items, is it a sought after model?

Seeing double:blink: "Only about 6 in Australia", well here's 2 for sale at the same time.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-boxster-s-986-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6763694/?Cr=2

Yes, one of only 6 in Australia. There were AU 7 delivered, and this one is an UK delivery. 

I get weird feeling looking at the panel fit on that one,  especially around the clam shell

Also i found this ad from 2018, autohaus selling one for $68k

https://www.facebook.com/AutohausHamilton/videos/2406745696065263/

I think they're priced cheap because once you start researching this model you realise the one to buy is the cocoa interior and roof combo. that was my thought train. 

3 hours ago, grantmr said:

Also i found this ad from 2018, autohaus selling one for $68k

https://www.facebook.com/AutohausHamilton/videos/2406745696065263/

I think they're priced cheap because once you start researching this model you realise the one to buy is the cocoa interior and roof combo. that was my thought train. 

I remember that car, I also remember thinking to myself it was a big premium to pay for Carrera wheels, Bose stereo and heated seats, oh, and a numbered badge on the console.

11 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

I remember that car, I also remember thinking to myself it was a big premium to pay for Carrera wheels, Bose stereo and heated seats, oh, and a numbered badge on the console.

Yeh, I don't get it either. It's nothing like the 987/981/718 Spyder models which have some clear differentiation.

Hi all,

New registered member, long time lurker, previous 993 owner back in the UK.

Interested in thoughts on this (tried searching but couldn't find previous discussion): http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1978-porsche-911-sc-sporto/

Been for sale for a while, since at least April, obvious flags to many Aussie buyers would be LHD, import, Sporto to Manual conversion, repaint albeit in original colour. That being said, price looks ok given the above if condition checks out.

Has anyone been to see/drive it?

1 hour ago, Jdmc said:

Hi all,

Interested in thoughts on this (tried searching but couldn't find previous discussion): http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1978-porsche-911-sc-sporto/

Been for sale for a while, since at least April, obvious flags to many Aussie buyers would be LHD, import, Sporto to Manual conversion, repaint albeit in original colour. That being said, price looks ok given the above if condition checks out.

I had seen it a few months back .at RSR in adelaide (porsche workshop) Though at that time i was told it had sold 

are you wanting to buy to import back to the UK?

8 minutes ago, michel said:

I had seen it a few months back .at RSR in adelaide (porsche workshop) Though at that time i was told it had sold 

are you wanting to buy to import back to the UK?

No this is to keep here in Aus (home for me now)

@Jdmc

Hey mate

I remember seeing it when Richmonds first got hold of it, and it was a shed! They had just finished restoring it the last time I saw it, and it looked very clean and tidy. Can't say much about it other than that. I can have a look on Saturday of you need me to, though maybe another SA member could who has a bit more time than I do at the moment 

6 hours ago, Jdmc said:

Hi all,

I think the biggest hold up on the sale is the price ...

Many buyers here would be happy to buy a LHD transmission swap car, but it has to be priced right. That is Aussie car money.

I sold my Aussie delivered, matching numbers car only 2 months ago for that exact region of cash. It was a different colour from delivery, but in essence the "right car" ...

I don't know that car in particular and I'm sure that it's a nice one ... I'm only commenting on it in relation to the 911 market in general ...

Currently looking to pickup an early Cayenne Turbo (2003 to 2006) and can't help but think that sellers are asking far too much, which seems to be confirmed by all of the listings remaining unsold. Realistically, I think early examples with 200,000+ km's that are a little rough around the edges should be in the vicinity of $10k to $15k. Would others agree with this?

If anyone is looking to sell theirs and is prepared to accept a more realistic price let me know 😊

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Jdmc

Hey mate

I remember seeing it when Richmonds first got hold of it, and it was a shed! They had just finished restoring it the last time I saw it, and it looked very clean and tidy. Can't say much about it other than that. I can have a look on Saturday of you need me to, though maybe another SA member could who has a bit more time than I do at the moment 

Appreciate the info, I’ll hold on taking any of yours or others time until I’ve done further investigation on my end. Interested to learn more of this refresh Richmonds appear to have done though...

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I think the biggest hold up on the sale is the price ...

Many buyers here would be happy to buy a LHD transmission swap car, but it has to be priced right. That is Aussie car money.

I sold my Aussie delivered, matching numbers car only 2 months ago for that exact region of cash. It was a different colour from delivery, but in essence the "right car" ...

I don't know that car in particular and I'm sure that it's a nice one ... I'm only commenting on it in relation to the 911 market in general ...

Appreciate the feedback and insight. One of the challenges right now and for the past 12 months seems to be a lack of good stock in market.

Whatever I choose and pay I’ll be at peace with, the lack of consistency in pricing is just making this a little more challenging. 

I think with this car specifically the recent refresh (pending what was actually carried out) and the low relative mileage (pending verification) are likely what’s driving price expectations (plus Richmonds)

2 hours ago, Jdmc said:

Appreciate the info, I’ll hold on taking any of yours or others time until I’ve done further investigation on my end. Interested to learn more of this refresh Richmonds appear to have done though...

Appreciate the feedback and insight. One of the challenges right now and for the past 12 months seems to be a lack of good stock in market.

Whatever I choose and pay I’ll be at peace with, the lack of consistency in pricing is just making this a little more challenging. 

I think with this car specifically the recent refresh (pending what was actually carried out) and the low relative mileage (pending verification) are likely what’s driving price expectations (plus Richmonds)

A good deal is when both the buyer and the seller walk away happy ....

If that means above or below the "average" advertised prices, so be it.

There is a certain car advertised above what a few of us deem "the right price" .. we have clearly seen 6 odd cars of the same sell around it while it has sat there. ... now, if someone was to pay the "over inflated" price, that is also ok. If it works for them then great! ..

You do you ... doesn't matter what me or anyone else thinks ...if you're at peace, then so are we .. 😅

Loving this new listing for a 1986 Carrera 3.2. 

The colour combination is so appealing to me. Beautiful.

Marble Grey exterior over olive interior with pinstripe flannel inserts. Factory ordered short shift and teledial light alloys.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6857826/?Cr=1

$165,000 asking

11 hours ago, luzzo said:

Loving this new listing for a 1986 Carrera 3.2. 

The colour combination is so appealing to me. Beautiful.

Marble Grey exterior over olive interior with pinstripe flannel inserts. Factory ordered short shift and teledial light alloys.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6857826/?Cr=1

$165,000 asking

That car looks amazing!  Looks super original and great spec.