Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 13/10/2020 at 10:36, Nikos said:

That Marble Grey 86 Carrera 3.2 is really nice.

Noticed this the other day and it's allready under offer. Curious what they were asking for it as it was advertised POA. Actually think the colour looks great. Pity its a Sporto though.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1975-porsche-911-2-7-platinum/

Sportoa sport are sublime, to be savoured and once driven ,, you’ll be batting for the other side .

I get it, if you had a one and only choice for most it would be manual. The best combination would be early Sporto Box with later year final drive.. 

I’ve always been surprised at the number of C3’s  delivered with a Sporto box. Anyone know if a 2.7 RS ever had a sport a Matic?

On 13/10/2020 at 17:36, OZ930 said:

Beautiful! Two door coupe 1600 will be the next car in my garage... I have been closely following the auctions in Japan and will bring in from there.

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Is that price in Yen? 😲

A touch optimistic. But good cars in Japan are now around AUD $45K... Even average 4 doors here in Australia are now $20K+!

I have just last week again tried to contact the person I sold my 1970 Datsun 1600 to. Checking to see if it still actually exists and if he would be willing to sell. Unfortunately again no reply.  

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

A touch optimistic. But good cars in Japan are now around AUD $45K... Even average 4 doors here in Australia are now $20K+!

I have just last week again tried to contact the person I sold my 1970 Datsun 1600 to. Checking to see if it still actually exists and if he would be willing to sell. Unfortunately again no reply.  

It's staggering to see what the 70's Japanese icons are going for now.  When I was casting around for ideas on a fun spare car and preferably one which could go on classic rego so the running costs were low, I had a brief flash of nostalgia for my first car which was an RX4 coupe.  A bit crude and rude but a lot of fun, brilliant I thought... just go to carsales and have a look.   Waaaaaaa!  Only one or two on there and both $50k+.

So I got the 911 because it was cheaper!  :D

For fun I checked again just now and there's only one RX4 for sale nationwide... a sedan for $85k (admittedly a nice restomod type of deal).
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-mazda-rx-4-la22s-manual/SSE-AD-6390320/?Cr=0

I've no idea if they actually change hands at those sort of prices, but it's the old story of supply and demand.  Most of those things were crashed, bashed, poorly modified, and left to rust away when they were worthless 15-20 years ago.  The few that escaped mostly seem to have been ruined as drag cars.  Mine was really nice and had a fresh bridgeport etc and I was very happy (lucky even) to sell it for $7k in about '92.

42 minutes ago, st3ve said:

It's staggering to see what the 70's Japanese icons are going for now. 

Would love an early RX! My first car was that Datsun 1600, also rough and ready but was a great little car!

1 hour ago, st3ve said:

I was very happy (lucky even) to sell it for $7k in about '92

Yep brings me to tears, only car so far I regret selling. Mine was a mint stock white 12A coupe but wanted something else, gave it away late 80’s for $3.5k 🥵

4 hours ago, JV911 said:

2.7 and converted LHD is not helping the cause, but it looks like a great little hot rod to me!

This is Nick's car (Mr NB). He had more info on it in a post on the For Sale part of PFA. I really like the look of it and was quite tempted at the time.

42 minutes ago, Bondiscwb said:

This is Nick's car (Mr NB). He had more info on it in a post on the For Sale part of PFA. I really like the look of it and was quite tempted at the time.

What then did you acquire instead of this ? 

4 hours ago, Tips said:

Yep brings me to tears, only car so far I regret selling. Mine was a mint stock white 12A coupe but wanted something else, gave it away late 80’s for $3.5k 🥵

Found an old photo... 14" rims looking like baloons and stupid useless bolt-in aluminium roll cage and all - brilliant when you're 18!  I still think it's one of the most beautiful Japanese cars of the era, but no way I would pay the sort of money they seem to be worth now.

rx4-2.jpg

50 minutes ago, michel said:

What then did you acquire instead of this ? 

A turbo bodied RHD 1978 import with a fully rebuilt engine (opened case) and gearbox at a price that fitted into my budget (Nick's asking price at the time ($90k) was a bit above what I was comfortable with). To top it off, it is a glorious gooooollllllddddd colour... and some even think that colour rocks.

40 minutes ago, Bondiscwb said:

A turbo bodied RHD 1978 import with a fully rebuilt engine (opened case) and gearbox at a price that fitted into my budget (Nick's asking price at the time ($90k) was a bit above what I was comfortable with). To top it off, it is a glorious gooooollllllddddd colour... and some even think that colour rocks.

The one from Qld? nice car if it is

I'll have to add my story then ...

Traded my Dark Blue 13B 1974 RX4 Coupe in for a 1977 Toyota Corolla Wagon ... would have been late 80's. The Corolla did have mags though .. 😅

Don't remember if I paid them some + or got a bit more that their ask but whatever way it went I lost!! ... 😭😭

One of the scariest cars I've ever driven .. unbelievable power and 1970's suspension .. 😬

1 hour ago, Bondiscwb said:

Pics 

1 hour ago, st3ve said:

Found an old photo... 14" rims looking like baloons and stupid useless bolt-in aluminium roll cage and all - brilliant when you're 18!  I still think it's one of the most beautiful Japanese cars of the era, but no way I would pay the sort of money they seem to be worth now.

rx4-2.jpg

Fond memories of blowing off lj lc gtrs and even an slr or two. Especially when they'd ask about turbo. Nup, street port 465 holley and extractors mate. 🤗