Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-cayenne-s-transsyberia-9pa-auto-4x4-my09/SSE-AD-6838081/?Cr=0

$185k for a 2009 Cayenne

After reading all that blurb... I still dont know whats so special about it other than the decal stickers...!!  😲  Although, I think ive memorised the VIN!!

On 14/11/2020 at 20:40, Carrera28 said:

Believe what you read on the net and a baffled sump won't help.  I know this from personal experience.  A 996, semi slicks and a race track is a bad combination.

Please explain, I have a stock 996 and was fancying tracking it for the experience?

Its just stock, Michelin PS4s and no sump mods or anything.

Bad idea?? You have me a little worried?

46 minutes ago, Cookster said:

Please explain, I have a stock 996 and was fancying tracking it for the experience?

Its just stock, Michelin PS4s and no sump mods or anything.

Bad idea?? You have me a little worried?

Do not track your 996 with semi slick tyres. 

Porsche advises against this and I learnt the hard way that their warning is not paranoia and a baffled sump is not enough to prevent oil starvation.

General marketplace observation - There are quite a few low mile 992's up for sale already.  Think people hit by the pandemic or perhaps another reason?

Also I do like ads with "no tyre kickers" which tyre kicker has ever seen that and thought "well i won't take this one for a joy ride then".

On 26/11/2020 at 14:37, cafe_racer said:

General marketplace observation - There are quite a few low mile 992's up for sale already.  Think people hit by the pandemic or perhaps another reason?

Also I do like ads with "no tyre kickers" which tyre kicker has ever seen that and thought "well i won't take this one for a joy ride then".

really should have trademarked that shirt it went viral 

tyREKICKER.jpg

13 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

That's a nice picture of you Steve, but didn't know you were a man of the cloth , you look like a younger vicar than I thought - how many years ago was that picture taken....😎

2 Years ago approx,  Sandown Church VIC , pre book of revelations prophecy of disease, fire and more . Thrash session in the GT3... big praying session to the tarmac lords.. lots of OMG OMG OMG ..

3 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

I like it

Interesting it is on full road rego with such a roll cage. When I had to engineer my 356 and according to the ADR, the roll cage side bars cannot be higher that the seat base

I don't believe it has any Road Reg. The 'LLC001' plates are just Lorbek's generic plates for photography/advertising. The Ad also specifically states "Not for road use".