Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

20 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Yes, talked about in the previous page.

I am kind of intrigued by the mongrel that it is, but I would not want to be the guy standing in line at VicRoads with an unidentifiable VIN  

Reminds me of the 68 I looked at a couple of years ago that had 2 VIN’s. 

Seller didn’t think it was a problem... I walked. 

2 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Reminds me of the 68 I looked at a couple of years ago that had 2 VIN’s. 

Seller didn’t think it was a problem... I walked. 

Had a similar issue with a 959 tribute  - RHD converted long hood, odd vin and a C3.0 motor with an odd over stamp number

some nights after midnight   still wondering where it is 

7 hours ago, michel said:

Had a similar issue with a 959 tribute  - RHD converted long hood, odd vin and a C3.0 motor with an odd over stamp number

some nights after midnight   still wondering where it is 

The 68 was registered to the incorrect VIN, which happened to correspond to a factory 2.8 RSR...

I heard in a police interview the other day talking about rebirthing. Apparently dodgy bros can use a vin from a vehicle from another state to rebirth a car in a separate state. Only really picked up when one of the 2 trys to transfer to another state. I forget which states he was referring to. 

I may have got it wrong. The clip was on utube but was an official news report.

Seems too easy to be true tho eh.

Perry mason anyone?

16 hours ago, Nicko82 said:

Nicko82, I have also been following this car and have asked the same question. My biggest concern is the potential of rust and the paint looks to be a bit patchy in certain areas. The drivers door has leading edge dings but no show stopper, the biggest issue is the potential rust under the paint in the rear passenger rocker panel.

image.png.a5181c3c7749b41b7664c68485e2faee.png

The driver side looks clean. I am not keen to drop $80K without many unanswered questions at the moment.

13 minutes ago, 9er said:

If I was a guessing man I would say that it won't sell in the 80s

I think you are right and the $80K was just a figure I used. The true bidding wont happen till the final day/hours. Irrespective of value there are still questions and it comes down to how risk averse you are.

5 hours ago, Turra said:

Jesus! Where do these people get their sense of 'fair and reasonable market value'. I purchased a pretty much identical car with a rebuilt gearbox and engine with 50,000kms more for less than half of that asking price...

I'll happily take $100k off that price and sell mine if anyone's interested 😂

What I am interested in is how much of a hit an imported takes vs a local car. if the car can be shown to be in good health what level of discount would one put on a UK import. I have seen a number of cars that look very clean in advert nothing inspected in person though. 

My other question would be what car is more appealing to the masses, 911 coupe carrera sport vs supersport. I must admit I am interested in either a coupe supersport or dare I say it supersport targa.

13526132-ORIG.jpg

23 minutes ago, wangan said:

Jesus! Where do these people get their sense of 'fair and reasonable market value'.

That price is a bit had to swallow (for me) but if the market meets their demands then there is your answer.

34 minutes ago, wangan said:

I guess it depends on the person really. For me it's more condition. Two cars identical and one was UK delivered vs Aus delivered, I'd be happier to save some money and get the UK one. 

It’s funny how that works .. I’d pay the extra and buy the Aussie one every time.

38 minutes ago, wangan said:

I guess it depends on the person really. For me it's more condition. Two cars identical and one was UK delivered vs Aus delivered, I'd be happier to save some money and get the UK one. 

With prices not coming down, I reckon some buyers are happy to pay a bit less for an import just to get into an air cooled. There's also those who must have Oz delivered and happy to pay a premiun

5 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

At $150k premium, yeah nah.

There is never such a discrepancy between the two. In saying that, the rust issues that are synonymous with UK cars could easily end up costing more to rectify than that difference .. and you'd still have a UK car ..

All you need to do is Google UK cars and read and see the tragic stories ..

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

There is never such a discrepancy between the two. In saying that, the rust issues that are synonymous with UK cars could easily end up costing more to rectify than that difference .. and you'd still have a UK car ..

All you need to do is Google UK cars and read and see the tragic stories ..

When and how the car came to be Oz can make a difference.  A lot of personal imports have come in early in their life and are no better or worse that AU delivered cars.  You're right, for what ever reason the imports will never be worth a local delivery - but this need not be an issue if purchased at an appropriate discount and an acceptance that it will need to be discounted when off loaded

1 minute ago, Fishcop said:

When and how the car came to be Oz can make a difference.  A lot of personal imports have come in early in their life and are no better or worse that AU delivered cars.  You're right, for what ever reason the imports will never be worth a local delivery - but this need not be an issue if purchased at an appropriate discount and an acceptance that it will need to be discounted when off loaded

Well said .. and I totally agree with you. I personally don’t mind where they originate or LHD or RHD .. I just wouldn’t go there personally ..

11 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Well said .. and I totally agree with you. I personally don’t mind where they originate or LHD or RHD .. I just wouldn’t go there personally ..

So if you've got identical cars. Say for example, the red 3.2 posted above. Lets put a price on it of 120k. For an identical UK import what would you pay?