wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, njb said:

Hi all,

Can I please get an opinion on values for this: https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera~27817

HK import, non-matching numbers (restamped case), non-original paint, non-original interior, vinyl wrapped dash, no service books, no invoices/records/history, and a grinding 1st to 2nd shift. Apart from all that, very fun car to drive.

It appears sold 

1 hour ago, michel said:

It appears sold 

I think it'll be available soon (that's an previous ad for this car). In any case, I'm going to pass on it and wait for a more original example to come up.

Doing the rounds on various FB pages. What on earth is going on here? Some guy posts his Gt3 replica for sale, and then some other guy claiming it was 'pretty much stolen' from him, without explanation. 

Looks to be the car reviewed by Clay Wong on YouTube recently. 

Screenshot_20210115-163028_Samsung Internet.jpg

38 minutes ago, porka987s said:

Doing the rounds on various FB pages. What on earth is going on here? Some guy posts his Gt3 replica for sale, and then some other guy claiming it was 'pretty much stolen' from him, without explanation. 

The consensus is that the guy that posted this sold it too cheap. Then the current seller listed it for twice the price and he is salty ... not a confirmed theory.

3 hours ago, porka987s said:

Doing the rounds on various FB pages. What on earth is going on here? Some guy posts his Gt3 replica for sale, and then some other guy claiming it was 'pretty much stolen' from him, without explanation. Looks to be the car reviewed by Clay Wong on YouTube recently. 

Owner's response on FB

It's not stolen at all 🤣😂. The long story short, I traded him an r23 GTR plus another car and cash for the Porsche, he then killed the engine a month after trading the r32 GTR with me. He then expected me to pay 20K for an engine rebuild (which I obviously said no to doing). Only he knows how far he turned the boost controller up. There is no dispute with ownership at all mate, it is entirely my car figuratively, literally and legally as per the legal contract (Bartering agreement) we both signed. He thinks that I have now ripped him off 20k so he thinks I have "pretty much stolen it off him". He is also a bit upset because I politely turned down the offer he presented to me wanting to buy the Porsche back for an absolute low ball offer, just prior to him making this post.

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

Owner's response on FB

It's not stolen at all 🤣😂. The long story short, I traded him an r23 GTR plus another car and cash for the Porsche, he then killed the engine a month after trading the r32 GTR with me. He then expected me to pay 20K for an engine rebuild (which I obviously said no to doing). Only he knows how far he turned the boost controller up. There is no dispute with ownership at all mate, it is entirely my car figuratively, literally and legally as per the legal contract (Bartering agreement) we both signed. He thinks that I have now ripped him off 20k so he thinks I have "pretty much stolen it off him". He is also a bit upset because I politely turned down the offer he presented to me wanting to buy the Porsche back for an absolute low ball offer, just prior to him making this post.

That pretty much sums it up. 

23 hours ago, njb said:

Hi all,

Can I please get an opinion on values for this: https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera~27817

HK import, non-matching numbers (restamped case), non-original paint, non-original interior, vinyl wrapped dash, no service books, no invoices/records/history, and a grinding 1st to 2nd shift. Apart from all that, very fun car to drive.

In its current state, it’s a $250,000 - $270,000 car.

If you’re looking for a more “original” example (local or OS LHD), be ready for $350,000 +. 

21 hours ago, porka987s said:

I was looking at straight swapping my 240z for this 12 months or so ago. I had a PPI done and it was totally thrashed, mechanically and cosmetically. It does not surprise me one bit that it blew up. The PPI also noted that the gearbox was making some very nasty noises. As you can guess, I walked away and all this makes me even more glad that I did.

31 minutes ago, MFX said:

I was looking at straight swapping my 240z for this 12 months or so ago. I had a PPI done and it was totally thrashed, mechanically and cosmetically. It does not surprise me one bit that it blew up. The PPI also noted that the gearbox was making some very nasty noises. As you can guess, I walked away and all this makes me even more glad that I did.

Slightly confused @MFX ... 

It wasn't this car (996) that blew its  motor .. it was the car that he swapped it for.. the R32 GTR blew it's load and the guy wanted the previous owner of it (the current owner of the 996) to pay for it ..

Took me a minute to work it all out too .. sounds like a bloody circus .. 😅

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

I wandered into Richmonds this morning  & saw it front & centre.... good looking car....sales guys said that they’d had heaps of interest (well, they would, wouldn’t they?!) & now I see it is ‘On hold’ already.  
Quick game is a good game!!  Strong market. 

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Slightly confused @MFX ... 

It wasn't this car (996) that blew its  motor .. it was the car that he swapped it for.. the R32 GTR blew it's load and the guy wanted the previous owner of it (the current owner of the 996) to pay for it ..

Took me a minute to work it all out too .. sounds like a bloody circus .. 😅

Ahh, so it sounds like it was a fair trade then. POS for POS :D . Either way the guy I was buying from was neither of them so obviously it is a hot potato and no one wants to get stuck holding it for too long ;)

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

now I see it is ‘On hold’ already.  
Quick game is a good game!!  Strong market. 

Damn that is quick.  I think 'the market' is way past 'strong'... 

The gauge has hit hot, and now boiling over...    :Sweating:  

4 hours ago, MFX said:

I had a PPI done and it was totally thrashed, mechanically and cosmetically. 

Not impressed in the way it was driven in that video.  Banging off the rev limiter almost every time he punched it. 

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Damn that is quick.  I think 'the market' is way past 'strong'... 

The gauge has hit hot, and now boiling over...    :Sweating:  

I hope for Cam's sake it is sold, yet as like many other 'sales', it's not sold till the money has been handed over and out of the showroom

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Not impressed in the way it was driven in that video.  Banging off the rev limiter almost every time he punched it. 

Which video?

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I hope for Cam's sake it is sold, yet as like many other 'sales', it's not sold till the money has been handed over and out of the showroom

I see the value in your comment.

46 minutes ago, Turra said:

Which video?

vid of some young whipper snapper chomping on a Cuban smashin and mashin the limiter ., whilst maniacally laughing as he fish tailed around pt Philip bay .. oddly reminded me of a younger Peter Wherret

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1259975687?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

9 minutes ago, michel said:

vid of some young whipper snapper chomping on a Cuban smashin and mashin the limiter ., whilst maniacally laughing as he fish tailed around pt Philip bay .. oddly reminded me of a younger Peter Wherret

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1259975687?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Good Grief I am old enough to remember the Wherret Special Sigma!!!

1 hour ago, Turra said:

Which video?

This video:

On 15/01/2021 at 16:32, porka987s said: