Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-cabriolet-964-manual/SSE-AD-6113588/?Cr=1

Amusing choice of car positions for the ad.  Sure to give some Tojo's and Patrols 4WD's a run for their money.

Makes no sense at all taking those photos at that location...

5 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-cabriolet-964-manual/SSE-AD-6113588/?Cr=1

Amusing choice of car positions for the ad.  Sure to give some Tojo's and Patrols 4WD's a run for their money.

Making an appeal to the Fun loving, hair down, cabriolet loving grass smoking cashed up hippie

45 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Makes no sense at all taking those photos at that location...

Come on Pete, it's pretty obvious the seller is showing its capabilities as a safari rally cab if a buyer is considering one.

Smart marekting I thought 👍😁

4 minutes ago, symsy said:

For real ... when did a 65k cab more than double in price . Bring on the best of bullshit photography, bad cars, high prices, poor vacuuming skills. Im glad the jokes/whats for sale thread will have a lot of traction.

I only wish I hadn't emptied my garage

Caught in Flash flood - insurance pics 

Dude actually has a sense of humour 🥳🤓😊

On 12/01/2021 at 18:53, Fishcop said:

987 Cayman S Manual located close to me (Port Macquarie) if anyone is chasing...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3679680535458835/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

A friend of friend is interested in this car and contacted me... Anything to know if I kick its tyres (its a dealer so I don't expect much).  How does the price seem for manual Cayman S?

4 hours ago, Fishcop said:

A friend of friend is interested in this car and contacted me... Anything to know if I kick its tyres (its a dealer so I don't expect much).  How does the price seem for manual Cayman S?

That headunit with the integrated phone pad thing was a UK option wasn't it? So probably a personal import? I think the price is relatively reasonable considering that assuming it's got a decent service history, currently the cheapest manual Cayman for sale, and people definitely seem to be snapping them up pretty quickly at the moment.

There's a few more interior photos on the Gumtree ad too.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/2006-porsche-cayman-987-s-silver-6-speed-manual-coupe/1265735291

52 minutes ago, GregDash said:

That headunit with the integrated phone pad thing was a UK option wasn't it? So probably a personal import? I think the price is relatively reasonable considering that assuming it's got a decent service history, currently the cheapest manual Cayman for sale, and people definitely seem to be snapping them up pretty quickly at the moment.

There's a few more interior photos on the Gumtree ad too.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/2006-porsche-cayman-987-s-silver-6-speed-manual-coupe/1265735291

I don't know that it wasn't an Aussie option.  I've seen a couple of AU delivered 997 with that (now pointless) option.  The speedo is in kilometers, so probably not a UK import - but I might go take a look on the weekend and have a proper look.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-porsche-944-turbo-s-manual/OAG-AD-19505870/?Cr=17

Assume, the same on that was on Carsales in Perth for $90K, then reduced to $50K. Now looks to have shipped to Sydney and at CTS for $95K.

Unless there's another Turbo S Silver Rose floating around the place.

Lovely car by the looks of it.

:On F/B Offered for sale is the original Peter Fitzgerald 2003 Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car, this race winning factory built race car was used by Peter Fitzgerald in the Australian Carrera Cup championship in 2003, 2004 & 2005 finishing 3rd, 4th & 6th respectively. Matching numbers engine, gearbox, ECU & chassis, strong engine with dyno sheet at 392BHP, fresh gearbox rebuild with receipts, new clutch, original unmodified interior as raced including factory original Porsche Motorsport seat, harness & steering wheel, complete period correct exterior restoration carried out in 2020 with new windows & livery. 2 sets of wheels, log book & 4x wheel travel loops included. Recently tested at Winton & offered in ready to race condition. One of the best 996 cups I have driven. Contact James 0417369649

3 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-porsche-944-turbo-s-manual/OAG-AD-19505870/?Cr=17

Assume, the same on that was on Carsales in Perth for $90K, then reduced to $50K. Now looks to have shipped to Sydney and at CTS for $95K.

I saw this too and thought the same.
It’s funny how they always look so much nicer when they are in the CTS showroom!! 💰💰

3 minutes ago, tomo said:

:On F/B Offered for sale is the original Peter Fitzgerald 2003 Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car, this race winning factory built race car was used by Peter Fitzgerald in the Australian Carrera Cup championship in 2003, 2004 & 2005 finishing 3rd, 4th & 6th respectively. Matching numbers engine, gearbox, ECU & chassis, strong engine with dyno sheet at 392BHP, fresh gearbox rebuild with receipts, new clutch, original unmodified interior as raced including factory original Porsche Motorsport seat, harness & steering wheel, complete period correct exterior restoration carried out in 2020 with new windows & livery. 2 sets of wheels, log book & 4x wheel travel loops included. Recently tested at Winton & offered in ready to race condition. One of the best 996 cups I have driven. Contact James 0417369649

Really surprised to see this advert as @James P has only just finished it.  Fantastic job, that I was happy to provide a component towards completion of 🙂

Another project already James?

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Really surprised to see this advert as @James P has only just finished it.  Fantastic job, that I was happy to provide a component towards completion of 🙂

Another project already James?

It was always my intention to restore it then let someone else enjoy it... & yes a new project is in the garage already 

5 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

I think it's a different car.  WA car has many more kilometers and some minor interior work needed.  CTS one appears to be exceptional...

Hi all, 

I have a friend of mine who will be placing his 911 on the market. It will be on carsales in the coming few weeks.

The car is a 1987 Granite Green Metallic with olive colour interior. It has 169,000kms and has had an engine rebuild at 8 years ago at 129,000

The car could do with some paint in some areas (some panels are original paint). Overall though is say the paint is very good! It's Australian delivered, matching number coupe and completely standard apart from the head unit and an aftermarket alarm system.

He is hoping to price it sharp and move it quickly. Most of the cars are advertised pretty high and tend to sit there for a while, he's hoping to avoid that. 

What do you think would be a reasonable price to advertise at and accept.