Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, wangan said:

Hi all, 

The car is a 1987 Granite Green Metallic with olive colour interior. It has 169,000kms and has had an engine rebuild at 8 years ago at 129,000

The car could do with some paint in some areas (some panels are original paint).

He is hoping to price it sharp and move it quickly. Most of the cars are advertised pretty high and tend to sit there for a while, he's hoping to avoid that. 

What do you think would be a reasonable price to advertise at and accept. 

Hard to say - but if its as described "barnfind/storage find, shabby";  it would sell in a few minutes at $80K.

Guess it mainly depends on how quickly (& who to ) he wants to sell it.

1 hour ago, wangan said:

Hi all, 

I have a friend of mine who will be placing his 911 on the market. It will be on carsales in the coming few weeks.

The car is a 1987 Granite Green Metallic with olive colour interior. It has 169,000kms and has had an engine rebuild at 8 years ago at 129,000

The car could do with some paint in some areas (some panels are original paint). Overall though is say the paint is very good! It's Australian delivered, matching number coupe and completely standard apart from the head unit and an aftermarket alarm system.

He is hoping to price it sharp and move it quickly. Most of the cars are advertised pretty high and tend to sit there for a while, he's hoping to avoid that. 

It will be snapped up quickly at 130k. 150k if he’s in no rush. Unusual colour too. I have a particular fondness for green. 
I’d be interested but I’ve already bought two 3.2 s recently. 

23 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Hard to say - but if its as described "barnfind/storage find, shabby";  it would sell in a few minutes at $80K.

Guess it mainly depends on how quickly (& who to ) he wants to sell it.

I don't think you've been able to buy a 3.2 for years at 80k.. Maybe in 2017?

I've never seen one even advertised that low being OZ delivered with low kms. 

I did not say shabby barn find. The car has been in his garage for the last 12 months undriven due to covid. It's been maintained and all services are upto date.

26 minutes ago, LeeM said:

In this market it's a lottery @wangan or you have to be a fortune teller to put a price on these things. Maybe $100k and see how he goes if it needs a paint job? Buggered if I know really

Definitely doesn't need a paint job. It's just not perfect. Maybe 85%

20 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

It will be snapped up quickly at 130k. 150k if he’s in no rush. Unusual colour too. I have a particular fondness for green. 
I’d be interested but I’ve already bought two 3.2 s recently. 

I think that's pretty realistic. I think 150k might be a stretch. I had $130k in my head with a valid RWC?

The member Cafe racer advertised his 3.2 recently at $180k and it was a non G50 and it sold. Very quick. Using that as a guide? 

50 minutes ago, wangan said:

I think that's pretty realistic. I think 150k might be a stretch. I had $130k in my head with a valid RWC?

Post for $140K giving wiggle room for tyre kickers wanting to lowball? Recent sales aren't necessarily a solid indicator of prices as we don't know what they actually sold for. But with the few listings of 3.2's, the trend with pricing is definitely upward!

Unique colour could be a selling point but may limit buyers who may be after the more common colours. Australian delivered with reasonable km's definitely in its favour.

Looking forward to seeing the photos when you get some!

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Wouldn't last that long. I'd be calling with seconds! Straight AU delivered coupe with rebuilt engine regardless of paint condition would not be that low.

1 hour ago, Turra said:

Is it Oz delivered? I missed that bit?

Yes it is.

5 hours ago, wangan said:

It's Australian delivered, matching number coupe and completely standard apart from the head unit and an aftermarket alarm system.

5 hours ago, wangan said:

Hi all, 

I have a friend of mine who will be placing his 911 on the market. It will be on carsales in the coming few weeks.

The car could do with some paint in some areas (some panels are original paint). Overall though is say the paint is very good! It's Australian delivered, matching number coupe and completely standard apart from the head unit and an aftermarket alarm system.

Some will balk at the olive interior - not me as like interesting (non black) interiors - but a good description and some half decent photos and it should sell pretty easily around the 130/140  mark mentioned above.  Maybe even go to the trouble of giving it to a good detailer / paint correction guy/gal first. 

As an aside, olive was quite a popular pairing with granite green back in the day...

Granite green and olive is a great combination.

Like Ryan said, spend a bit on a good detail, stone chip repairs and paint correction and reap the benefits, it will look magnificent!

I'd suggest talking to CTS too.  They make it so easy.

53 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Like Ryan said, spend a bit on a good detail, stone chip repairs and paint correction and reap the benefits, it will look magnificent!

Not my cup of tea unfortunately, but I can understand how some would like it. 

I've passed on all the info. I'm guessing it will be on the market in a few weeks. 

Thanks everyone. 

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

Easy maybe . 🤔🤔🤔 But they’ll take a more than a pretty penny 

as @OBRUT said , detailed and  corrected . Good photos and it likely sell itself promptly,   if priced to sell. 

2 minutes ago, michel said:

Easy maybe . 🤔🤔🤔 But they’ll take a more than a pretty penny 

My experience with two cars is that they more than cover their costs with the sale price.

Importantly, no dealing with "potential" buyers.  They just send you a cheque a couple weeks/months after you drop it off to their showroom.  I would use them again.

However a sharply priced 3.2 would sell within hours so no time and need to deal with dickhead low ballers.

7 hours ago, wangan said:

Hi all, 

I've always been a fan of weird interior colours. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but olive green would be so cool!

17 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

I've always been a fan of weird interior colours. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but olive green would be so cool!

It's really not weird, a nice combination I think:

Litmus Test: Granite Green Metallic 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe – German Cars For Sale Blog

3 minutes ago, Peter M said:

That is pretty nice!

I thought it would be like this;

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/porsche-930-with-olive-green-leather-interior

4 hours ago, Peter M said:

My experience with two cars is that they more than cover their costs with the sale price.

Importantly, no dealing with "potential" buyers.  They just send you a cheque a couple weeks/months after you drop it off to their showroom.  I would use them again.

However a sharply priced 3.2 would sell within hours so no time and need to deal with dickhead low ballers.

Each to their own . As a seller , Personally had a less than enjoyable  experience with them. 

and yes dickhead  low ballers and  dickwad sellers abound.  Nothing unusual.

23 minutes ago, njb said:

It is most definitely a seller's market and not a buyer's market right now.

Maybe .and whilst I think a few took a gulp at the apparent sales $$$$  It’s  a very early unicorn . harder to find than a Glitter WOODY OOSHIE. 

it’s also Lloyds 

On 25/01/2021 at 08:30, luzzo said:

Groovy wheels i noticed for sale:

Gumtree: Porsche 911 964 RUF SPEEDLINE RIMS

Please view this ad:

Porsche 911 964 RUF SPEEDLINE RIMS,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blackmans-bay/wheels-tyres-rims/porsche-911-964-ruf-speedline-rims/1250725481?

Price: $6,500

Is that even close to what they are worth? My old man has a set of these in wide body fitment that he is considering selling.