Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes it's me, good price for a good honest car. It's been great for me, got it no PPI and only a couple of niggly problems that have been fixed. I need to attend to a garage then I will be back in again after my hoist is installed and room for 4 cars, giddy up. I will be sad to see it go, the 996 is still the best bang for buck 911 I think.

It's a shithouse ad, I just wanted to see if there was any interest on it. 

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

New Listing - 996.2 Manual Coupe 

It's almost 'rare' to see one of these on the market at the moment. 

Reasonable kms - 131,000 and reasonable price $63,000

2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 6 Sp Manual 2d Coupe,
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/valentine/cars-vans-utes/2004-porsche-911-carrera-6-sp-manual-2d-coupe/1266887802?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

I know this car and have driven it.

Well worth a look if you are in the market.  No surprises, well looked after, clean and presents very well.

2 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Yes it's me, good price for a good honest car.

Good work @TINGY996.  You and your car are getting lots of love here!  Good luck!

Given the shortage of cars on the market, I would guess it's a great time to sell. Hopefully your Prince with the gold awaits   👑

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Wonder if this is the car I drooled over at Duttons a couple of weeks ago?  Couldn't be too many of them in Oz I would have thought.....

22 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wonder if this is the car I drooled over at Duttons a couple of weeks ago?  Couldn't be too many of them in Oz I would have thought.....

Same car mate. Think there was only 2 or 3 came to Oz, and one got written off 😥 Reckon this one was around $600k the last time it was up for sale 2-3 years ago

It doesn't get any better for me in Porsche world...unless it was a 906 of course

Edit: I read the blurb, this is the only one in Oz now

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

I recall going to view this car last time they had it for sale. It hasn’t travelled far in those few years. 

I wish the Porsche new car configurator allowed buyers to spec a car like this. I daydream of going into a dealership with trousers down and a blank cheque and asking for one ( in Irish green). One day 🤔

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Why is it advertised then? Or is that an old ad I posted up? It was at Duttons recently, so I imagine that might be the case

Maybe it's their previous advertisement which is still published on the web but has had links removed?  I was wondering as it's not listed on their cars for sale page which leads ,me to think maybe it's a dead page that hasn't been removed, rather just the link on the "for sale page" has been removed.

6 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

Maybe it's their previous advertisement which is still published on the web but has had links removed? 

Correct it’s an old add it was sold a few years back. The one in Duttons this week was back for display, part of their own collection I’m told.

Reasonably priced for a good looking car????   Fog lights from a later model, but no engine photos, perhaps it does have a delicate 2.7 motor.

Maybe A/C prices are stabilising or falling.

I had better go & check this one out.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7031963

4 hours ago, Tips said:

Correct it’s an old add it was sold a few years back. The one in Duttons this week was back for display, part of their own collection I’m told.

A client of mine bought the Duttons car a couple years back. I have not been able to confirm whether he sold it back to Duttons recently as I saw the car there a couple of weeks back too. Knowing his love for the car I extremely doubt he has sold it. He has a number of collectables and his desire was to actually daily drive it but decided against it. He also bought a 993 Turbo S from Duttons which had bypass pipes on it and he couldnt handle driving it till they put the exhaust back on.

Something is happening in the market place. Cars I've been watching are all of a sudden selling in the last couple of days. This includes the $175K restored 912, the $180K local 84 White Carrera, the 1974 mint looking UK import at $109K, the 1982 white SC at $120K. A few of these are members cars I think. I've also noticed the number of cars on the market is slowly falling.

12 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Something is happening in the market place. Cars I've been watching are all of a sudden selling in the last couple of days. This includes the $175K restored 912, the $180K local 84 White Carrera, the 1974 mint looking UK import at $109K, the 1982 white SC at $120K. A few of these are members cars I think. I've also noticed the number of cars on the market is slowly falling.

Perhaps people are coming to the conclusion that there really is not going to be a (post Job-keeper/seeker) cliff after all?!

They may have sold, but for what sorta money is the question? 

I know who restored that grey 912 (a member here who sold it to someone else I believe), yet I'd be very surprised if it sold for anywhere near $175k. That would have to be up there as being close to a world record price if it did

31 minutes ago, LeeM said:

They may have sold, but for what sorta money is the question? 

I know who restored that grey 912 (a member here who sold it to someone else I believe), yet I'd be very surprised if it sold for anywhere near $175k. That would have to be up there as being close to a world record price if it did

Im sure they were thinking the same when the last stamped VIN Commodore sold for $750,000 too. Lee people have lost the plot and there is a sense of FOMO settling in and paying strange sums of money for anything and everything. 

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Perhaps people are coming to the conclusion that there really is not going to be a (post Job-keeper/seeker) cliff after all?!

Dont forget the employer gets the Job Keeper and if the employees are employed and the business is profitable then its pure cream so they have a massive windfall. Stupid money flying everywhere. The cliff will be in the struggling insolvent businesses that lose their protection come end of March. 

On 31/01/2021 at 10:35, Zelrik911 said:

Reasonably priced for a good looking car????   Fog lights from a later model, but no engine photos, perhaps it does have a delicate 2.7 motor.

Maybe A/C prices are stabilising or falling.

I had better go & check this one out.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7031963

Engine swapping to something smaller / worse is an odd move...

5 minutes ago, 911B said:

Been listed a long time.  I like the color but probably sitting due to not being black, grey, silver, white, red or...  Opportunity lies here.

7 minutes ago, KGB said:

Been listed a long time.  I like the color but probably sitting due to not being black, grey, silver, white, red or...  Opportunity lies here.

I know, a mate might be interested, what should he pay for it do u think mate?