Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, Tips said:

And I'm sure thats gunna be a scammer

33 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Please share: What else does it need? 

As above been sitting dismantled 

engine rebuild or replace and I’m gathering from what he said or what he didn’t say it likely needs.  Suspension  overhaul and many other tidbits 

he’s almost on the money as a project sale but 15k more compelling 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

And I'm sure thats gunna be a scammer

Nope 

42 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Would make sense to include such details in the ad surely?

Why?? - Surely these petty things are just a minor omission..😁

When people don't even bother to drive the car out of the garage for some half decent photos of the complete vehicle, you generally assume they are hiding something.

You can spot the engine in one of the photos - sitting on the floor adjacent to the rear LHS of the car.

8 hours ago, 911virgin said:

yes, a realistic price from a motivated seller

so many sellers on carsales asking "asking the moon " prices esp with 991's from 2012-2015

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-turbo-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my10/SSE-AD-7046979/?Cr=6

has anyone heard of a 997 gen 1.5 turbo??

i think this car was on carsales about 3 weeks ago, advertised by a dealer for $160k

it disappeared from carsales within a couple of hours

smells of attempted quick flip?

Yep, it was back in Nov when the 997.2 turbo S showed up by a dealer in Rosebery for a day for $149K. I had seen it getting washed at Fine shine Zetland mall, so I called the dealer and arranged for an inspection in an hour as I had work meetings. Mid way through my meeting the car showed up as hold and sold the same day, so definitely a flip. Or who knows maybe the seller found something wrong with the car after his impulse buy.

On 08/02/2021 at 10:17, rafikdous said:

He's also trying to sell a LHD '83 cab converted to 993 which is not running for $75k.

Someone should start a "Dreamers & f&^%wits" thread for a good laugh

‘I know what I’ve got’ 

Is the red targa an local delivery, converted, uk or something else? Seems good value, looks unmessed with.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

‘I know what I’ve got’ 

Is the red targa an local delivery, converted, uk or something else? Seems good value, looks unmessed with.

Given the Speedo is Miles I would say from OS?

10 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Yep, it was back in Nov when the 997.2 turbo S showed up by a dealer in Rosebery for a day for $149K. I had seen it getting washed at Fine shine Zetland mall, so I called the dealer and arranged for an inspection in an hour as I had work meetings. Mid way through my meeting the car showed up as hold and sold the same day, so definitely a flip. Or who knows maybe the seller found something wrong with the car after his impulse buy.

is there actually such a thing a  997 turbo gen 1.5?

or is that hype made up by the seller?

3 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

looks like a 997.1 from the outside and rear lights?

its def a tiptronic, not PDK

It’s the last year of the 997.1 with the 3.6 Mezger motor, but the revised 997.2 PCM and a couple of other interior tweaks.  There’s a GT2 on Carsales in WA with the same updates.

They did do a semi update with the 997 between gen 1 and gen 2

Have not sighted this car, but the 'mid model' had the updated PCM and I can't recall the other tweaks, although I think that was the crux of it.

Bottom line no PDK and changed ltail light design, then .1

@911virgin

Just went back to take a peak and I am not sure whether we were delivered these. I thought they were European only - I could be way off, but if you are keen definitely check the sticker in the book to double check C23.....just read the ad, it's an import 

If it was me and my coin then --> https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-turbo-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my11/OAG-AD-19378586/?Cr=1