Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

@911virgin

Just went back to take a peak and I am not sure whether we were delivered these. I thought they were European only - I could be way off, but if you are keen definitely check the sticker in the book to double check C23.....just read the ad, it's an import 

If it was me and my coin then --> https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-turbo-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my11/OAG-AD-19378586/?Cr=1

Its had a rear bumper respray from what I can tell. That level of poor color matching doesn't justify its price tag!

2 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Its had a rear bumper respray from what I can tell. That level of poor color matching doesn't justify its price tag!

FYI - From the 997's I have looked at , theres pretty much always colour contrast between the plastic bumper and the metal on light coloured 997's when you look close I looked a quite a few GT silver and white cars when buying - No  association , just saying..      I like a white car ;) 

6 hours ago, Mttel said:

Seller has 117 gumy ads atm. 

One of them seems to be the wheels on this car?

11 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

Interesting cars coming up at the Shannons Auction:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-summer-timed-online-auction/#lot-P2B8CLT6B99ADO31

Anyone know any of these cars, what do you think of their ‘estimated value’?

ED72EB39-6AC8-4C9F-98D4-A1660DDDE928.thumb.png.e6bbca18693df2feaa03149cded0b3f8.png

I think the 356A cab will kill the estimate. Maybe 180-200?

I went and had a good look at it - fascinatingly rusty. 

On 10/02/2021 at 22:40, Mttel said:

Great candidate for a backdate as per the description in the original advert- it is already grandpa's axe  😎

5 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Deposit taken ...and hopefully NOT for a back date.

+1  (no offence @LeeM, as yours is a great looking car (and you drove the Richmonds cut and shut beast for me! which got sold BTW))

Still thinking about what to do with my 78 wide body SC but backdate is not something I want to do. Happy to take suggestions!

43 minutes ago, Bondiscwb said:

+1  (no offence @LeeM, as yours is a great looking car (and you drove the Richmonds cut and shut beast for me! which got sold BTW))

Still thinking about what to do with my 78 wide body SC but backdate is not something I want to do. Happy to take suggestions!

😅 No offence taken mate.

Being a wide body, you're limited to what you can do really. Backdating one doesn't look right in my opinion, so theres only IROC or RUF style if you want something other than stock appearance. 

I've got a fibreglass Turbo front bumper if you want it free plus freight of course. Its not fantastic, but might be up your alley. 

20190629-204709.jpg

2 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

Lots of options. IROC, SCRS (my pick), 934 to name but three.

All very easy too. 

1 hour ago, Bondiscwb said:

@LeeM that front bumper might be lighter? I do like the RUF look with front bumper with the oil cooler and speedline wheels! Got any in the shed?

I doubt it's that much lighter to be honest mate. I can weight it tomorrow and let ya know.

My old 17in Speedline copies were sold yonks ago to a member here. You'd need 9's or 10's maybe? I can ask a friend who may still have his 8's and 10's if you like? 

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

That's wall art right there Lee. Charge people to see if they can guess what it's from :) 

BTW those seats are still here  ( and I'm rapidly running out of room ) :) 

Ah shit, I forgot about them! Will catch up with ya soon...ish 😁

I thought about the wall art thing, but nah, the mancave has turned into a very untidy junk room as it is! 

12 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Dammit, I forgot the ultimate - slant nose. 

I even have a set of slant front guards, maybe even two sets...

Yeah, I forgot it too...conveniently.

I believe that they are limited to 8” wide wheels ??

Odd question, does anyone have any insights into the 993 RS market?  I'm specifically wondering around any that have traded in the last 12 months or so, it looks like Dutton have moved a couple of black ones (one with 13k and the other 33k) but I'm not confident on what the market range is.  Anyone have informed insight?