wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

22 minutes ago, Mttel said:

Lots of "Oh FFS, if you didn't work on it all last year while we were locked in the house, when will you??" type conversations happening? 😁

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Has the world gone mad..? 

2008 Porsche 911 997 Carrera S White 6 Speed Manual Coupe $149,990

One word; Srecko

To be fair @luzzo it is Lorbek.... 

Also, I wonder if that was really delivered with those options?? The GT2 buckets are nice... but I shudder to think what the build cost of that was when new? Maybe someone missed out on a GT3 allocation back in 08? 

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

“For the astute investor”.. be quick... “they only have one”.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Send it to Singer 😎

Have you seen their QA doc?  They wouldn’t take it!

One Aussie 964 failed QA on arrival - giant PITA. 

4 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

It would then make more sense for SINGER to QA the car in country, prior to export

43 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Wow 😳 Bet the owner was pissed! 

7 hours ago, OBRUT said:

So they want a trillion dollars to build one plus the donor has to be perfect before they start?! These boys know how to make money 💰 

9 hours ago, michel said:

It would then make more sense for SINGER to QA the car in country, prior to export

How?  They have no staff here.  The QA doc is long but its pretty clear what the expectation is.

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

How?  They have no staff here.  The QA doc is long but its pretty clear what the expectation is.

Probably cheaper for prospective customers to fly their staff here for an inspection before shipping the car (notwithstanding Covid times). 

13 hours ago, OBRUT said:

You have a You tube link to it mate? Would love to watch it

Interesting to see this is now shown as not available on CS and now listed on Collecting Cars.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1987/sse-ad-6828570/?utm_campaign=sold-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=browser-push-notification&csn_atid=e01d2487-fd19-46f5-9ae9-52f9c6e9bb33

Was originally listed at $100K, and I actually quite liked it. Low km's, Aussie Del, matching numbers etc. Just not in the market for a cab.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

You have a You tube link to it mate? Would love to watch it

No, the QA document is a 8? page form you need to fill out about your donor car when ordering from them. Lots of measurements etc

I went through it with my old 964 tipper before it set sail. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

No, the QA document is a 8? page form you need to fill out about your donor car when ordering from them. Lots of measurements etc

I went through it with my old 964 tipper before it set sail. 

I miss read that! 😂 I thought there was a documentary about their QA process... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1987/sse-ad-6828570/?utm_campaign=sold-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=browser-push-notification&csn_atid=e01d2487-fd19-46f5-9ae9-52f9c6e9bb33

I did go and look at this car. Overall nice original Aus car. Both front seats needed doing and rubber trims were looking tired. Had books, receipts., 4 owners. He said Collecting cars rang him so they will take over the sale for him. Depends if you like yellow

5 hours ago, Nikos said:

Interesting to see this is now shown as not available on CS and now listed on Collecting Cars.

Was originally listed at $100K, and I actually quite liked it. Low km's, Aussie Del, matching numbers etc. Just not in the market for a cab.

I like it too - and I hate yellow. Just something about the 80’s cab styling that is cool in that colour.