Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Sorry bout that,  works my end ,Anyways  it a 73  914 1.7 been stored for some years $ 6 k looks good for the money. My bad bloody stalkbook one second  your in Melbourne then the USA

May be an image of car

164398098_4370900459590280_1249063283408

May be an image of car and outdoors

Tidy profit for someone on that...was a speccy car when we sold it last turn around the block and still is, lets see if the keyboard hotrod wannabes have a bite this time round..  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7132556?fbclid=IwAR3eCY2Fvw-sL_dSBYmcvZhDGxTJoe7KjwGHWf0qPsx8_T0nv2O5qBoHnDE

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Tidy profit for someone on that...was a speccy car when we sold it last turn around the block and still is, lets see if the keyboard hotrod wannabes have a bite this time round..  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7132556?fbclid=IwAR3eCY2Fvw-sL_dSBYmcvZhDGxTJoe7KjwGHWf0qPsx8_T0nv2O5qBoHnDE

Are you trying to tell us that someone is trying to make a dollar from Mr Dollar Maker himself??

Oh the humanity!! ... 😅

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Are you trying to tell us that someone is trying to make a dollar from Mr Dollar Maker himself??

Oh the humanity!! ... 😅

Lost a dollar on that one .. Im not against someone else making a dollar ... Oh how the legacy of a reputation lingers .. :) 

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Posted 5 hours ago and no one has mentioned the floor mats? The attention to detail on this thread has really gone down hill... 😂

😅 I just saw the golf clubs. WTF? 😅

On 25/03/2021 at 09:12, symsy said:

Have always loved that car

14 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

It says located in Cammeray but I've seen it driving around Bondi a bit. @symsy - why's it "speccy"?

Well it came with good track provenance from  a PFAer .. theres some youtube knocking around of it at bathurst and was a club champion car .. and just about most bolt on goodies you could try and  had been put on over multiple development cycles prior to me and a mate getting it .  We then popped another 20-30k + into it and fettled it with a view of potentially doing more track , doing targa and having a mean street car ..  and then no one had the balls to buy it basically .. 

Its was described as a grunty angry beast that was trying to kill me , when I chased/mixed it in a fast lineup of hot 911s in Melbourne by someone who followed me over reefton spur.  Some of the Melbourne crew  loved it and have seen it and as a driver it really had  near perfect feedback from the steering, almost GT3 like but a G series style ... We left it with a bit of patina .. to give it  street tough cred , a few rough edges left on purpose when we painted it , did the top end work and more and various other bits ...

This is why I say the  its very debatable speccy car, which has , will be discussed on forums .. but as I said not in my experience that people rush to buy, god knows why not , theres enough to say about it and BS in car circles , it has a lot of bragging rights for what it is. Heads will turn when you roll into cars an coffee and people for sure will hear you arrive and depart.

I feel you can find reasons why not to buy this car if your porsche paperwork..shuffler ,  it is an import , non matching etc etc but it has other stuff thats visible when you look at it .. all the tech components are obvious ..

God knows what its worth.. We ripped up money thats all I will say .. and the dude evidently is at higher price by a bit and more ,  than what we let it go for via a broker .. so whats the covid markup god knows..he could get his dollar and god luck

It was my lesson, forum keyboard discussions dont translate into buyers .. comments to dollar parted are very very low ..

Enjoy.. go drive it and give us your impression ...Its got new tyres , I havent kicked em 

13 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Can the next owner please make the front match the back. Drives me nuts. 

Your buy Ryan .. go for it .. you can finish it Obrut style , maybe a purple stripe :) 

On 11/03/2021 at 13:16, cafe_racer said:

$105k for a g50 3.2 carrera. UK delivered but seems to be in great condition.  

this won’t last long. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1987-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-7091529/

Given the current market I am surprised it hasn't sold either.

It has recently been marked as sold on carsales but pretty sure it's the same owner now listing it on Collecting cars. From the description it sounds like it will need a bit of fettling to sort with rust appearing and input shaft bearing noise. Being a UK car, could the minor rust showing be scaring off prospective buyers worried about any rust that might not be visible yet?

On 27/03/2021 at 09:16, Dalai said:

Given the current market I am surprised it hasn't sold either.

It has recently been marked as sold on carsales but pretty sure it's the same owner now listing it on Collecting cars. From the description it sounds like it will need a bit of fettling to sort with rust appearing and input shaft bearing noise. Being a UK car, could the minor rust showing be scaring off prospective buyers worried about any rust that might not be visible yet?

Resale red UK import at $80k makes this start to seem like a great buy for a track car.  Will be interesting to see what it sells for.