wasserkuhl

Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

A forum members car, so be nice please.

You probably couldn't find a more fastidious owner than Andrew. It's a stunning car

Showing as under offer already!

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Showing as under offer already!

There was interest within an hour of it going live on their site

3 hours ago, AD911S said:

It's barn dust Adds more value

After the ceiling I ripped out coupla weeks ago, I should have kept what I was covered with and sold it. Woulda made a fortune! 🙄

4 hours ago, symsy said:

He coulda vacuumed it ..  

Speaking up vacuuming. This thing went up by $20 K in 4 hours . Is that still considered flipping ? 
Some people get hurt on the inside about that sort of stuff . 
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-porsche-911-carrera-manual-my84/SSE-AD-6629482?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6629482

8 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Is that still considered flipping ? 
Some people get hurt on the inside about that sort of stuff 

😂😂 I see what you did there 

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

😂😂 I see what you did there 

Lol . Your not going to get a call from Mensa anytime soon it was kind of obvious 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

There was interest within an hour of it going live on their site

After the ceiling I ripped out coupla weeks ago, I should have kept what I was covered with and sold it. Woulda made a fortune! 🙄

Doesn’t surprise me..... it’s an awesome car & Andrew has always presented it beautifully.  Great price..... can’t wait to see his purchase!!

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Doesn’t surprise me..... it’s an awesome car & Andrew has always presented it beautifully.  Great price..... can’t wait to see his purchase!!

Yeah, he gives me the shits how bloody clean it always is 🙄 (don't start Jeff 😅)

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Yeah, he gives me the shits how bloody clean it always is 🙄 (don't start Jeff 😅)

@LeeM....Might be time to drop yours down to Richmonds mate, at those prices....... who know, maybe we could re-ignite that 996 craving?!!

20 minutes ago, Rick V said:

@LeeM....Might be time to drop yours down to Richmonds mate, at those prices....... who know, maybe we could re-ignite that 996 craving?!!

Need a couple of rattle cans and polish before that would happen mate...and a 6 figure sale price 😁

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Been sitting for ages unsold at $165K, so makes sense to add $20K...

His missus is probably telling him to hurry up amd sell it

12 hours ago, Dalai said:

Been sitting for ages unsold at $165K, so makes sense to add $20K...

If you compare that to Andrews car, it just goes to show that good, well priced cars move quickly. If it sits, then something is off the mark ;)

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 Manual

86,000km

$98,000

Link here to the Carsales ad.

What is so horrible about this that I am missing?

Is there a VIN Check website that I can view that shows the options, etc for the vehicle?  For Mercedes I use a Vin Check site that shows me the entire data for the vehicle with everything from VIN, engine number and country of delivery, right through to all the options.

Just google Porsche Vin numbers, It should direct you to  a Stuttgart site that explains your vin..

10 hours ago, tomo said:

Just google Porsche Vin numbers, It should direct you to  a Stuttgart site that explains your vin..

I think Stuttcars only lets you decode the VIN (build factory, model etc) but it does list the option codes which you have to get from either options decal or service book, or from PCA etc

, He might need to do a $4. PPSR search online for accident damage .:)

Hey tomo, which one is $4 ? 

I found one that was 6 now up to 10. I'm a big spender eh. 🤣

It must be inflation @ firstone, Been awhile since I used it :)Its the Joby in @James P link below and you be glad to hear its only 2 bucks.

1 hour ago, firstone said:

Hey tomo, which one is $4 ? 

I found one that was 6 now up to 10. I'm a big spender eh. 🤣

Free PPSR here! 

https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-insurance/ppsr-car-history-check.html

The report comes from the official Government ppsr.gov.au site so it's the real deal!

Can't beat free!! Haha 😂

1 hour ago, _A_ said:

Free PPSR here! 

https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-insurance/ppsr-car-history-check.html

The report comes from the official Government ppsr.gov.au site so it's the real deal!

Can't beat free!! Haha 😂

Thanks for the link above it's a good way to do a free Gov PPSR check providing you are ok with budget direct having your information for marketing purposes...

The official Gov PPSR check is $2 https://transact.ppsr.gov.au/ppsr/QuickVINSearch?si=2&wsi=f28fa756-367e-4afc-bf49-c915ac5aa319 

Thanks for the feedback.  I hadn't realised I could get a free check from Budget Direct (and I am already a customer of theirs).  On the plus side, the PPSR shows that it hasn't been written off.   Although, from the photos, the front bumper does look like it's been resprayed.

This car looks like it could have a couple of options, but it is hard to tell (and options can add up).  I had tried to use lots of google-fu to find a good VIN Decoder like with Mercedes, but seems like the Mercedes on is kind of unique.

The price isn't fantastic (I am looking in the $80-120k range), but I have been looking for a better than average 911 and this one ticks most boxes.  So at the right price, although I am not clear on what this should be, I could get more interested in this.

Price dropped to $97,997 so you can get your own paid PPSR

@HK100, I see you are in Melbourne where the car is, why don't you go and check it out in person