Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

As much as I love my turbo, I can't take it out these days without worrying about getting camera fines or risking loss of licence.   Hence looking for an earlier more " raw " P driving experience which still feels like loads of fun but without doing 0-100 in 4 sec.  As bizarre as that might sound !

Makes perfect sense and resulted in me staying with an air cooled for that "sensation" of speed .

5 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

@LeeM  have you driven this car ?  Curious as to what the driving experience would be like.  I'm finalising a deal on my 99tt and looking for my next P.  As much as I love my turbo, I can't take it out these days without worrying about getting camera fines or risking loss of licence.   Hence looking for an earlier more " raw " P driving experience which still feels like loads of fun but without doing 0-100 in 4 sec.  As bizarre as that might sound !

ie. this post / car  https://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1983-porsche-911sc-manual-coupe-my84/

You’re not alone. The guy that just bought my 79 911SC was replacing his 991. Too fast and too boring!  

He had a SC which he sold it 2 or 3 years and missed the raw drive. 

40 minutes ago, nytelfer said:

I don’t follow prices of Turbos but that appears to be a 997.1 rather than a 997.2 (as advertised)?

It's a weird one, a 997.1.5, produced in very limited numbers for the UK market to meet demand. It has with .2 updated led lights and infotainment etc, but .1 engine and transmission etc. 

(no affiliation) 

1 hour ago, Thommo66 said:

Check this out .... what am I missing here ?  Asking price seems too low.  If it's genuine and all in good order then it seems like fantastic buying in the current environment.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-turbo-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my10/SSE-AD-7046979/?Cr=101

Auto... will get you depressed in less than 4 secs

7 hours ago, Turra said:

Just an FYI here that my stock standard 84 3.2 Oz delivered with 139000 kms may be up for sale in June to fund another project I am working on. Fully restored, beautiful condition and fully documented history. Not fishing just an FYI.

Yep love the off market right now, sold my 80 SC and bought the 66 912/6 all within a week off market in the past few weeks, gotta love this close knit community 👍

9 minutes ago, Tips said:

Yep love the off market right now, sold my 80 SC and bought the 66 912/6 all within a week off market in the past few weeks, gotta love this close knit community 👍

Aaaah the mystery buyer surfaces! 👍

5 hours ago, Tips said:

Pics of the 66 please 🙏🏻

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

Aaaah the mystery buyer surfaces! 👍

Yep guilty. I will be in Adelaide in the next few weeks to sort some stuff out so will let you know.

3 hours ago, 901er said:

Pics of the 66 please 🙏🏻

its a well known car in Adelaide circles. Still haven't set eyes on it, purchased sight unseen and then it was rushed straight off to have some fettling done on the motor. Should have some photos over the coming week and ill do a thread on it. I can share its definitely not a car for purists as its heading down the tarmac rally route 🥰

10 minutes ago, Tips said:

Yep guilty. I will be in Adelaide in the next few weeks to sort some stuff out so will let you know.

its a well known car in Adelaide circles. Still haven't set eyes on it, purchased sight unseen and then it was rushed straight off to have some fettling done on the motor. Should have some photos over the coming week and ill do a thread on it. I can share its definitely not a car for purists as its heading down the tarmac rally route 🥰

Ah yes, I know the one. Great car, great owner, well done 

55 minutes ago, Tips said:

You got a good one. Beautiful car with just the right amount of hotrod.

1 hour ago, spiller said:

You got a good one. Beautiful car with just the right amount of hotrod.

yep very excited and cant wait.  The new heart being built will match the great look the PO created...........  

On 05/05/2021 at 10:59, Shedpest said:

105k for a Sporto, the world has gone mad

had dinner with a mate last night that sold his 76 sporto targa off market last week well north of that price....... he just couldnt resist the money being thrown at him

2 hours ago, Tips said:

had dinner with a mate last night that sold his 76 sporto targa off market last week well north of that price....... he just couldnt resist the money being thrown at him

what has the world got too?

It's an import ( looks like from the US ) therefore has been converted plus it's a Cab.. Paintwork doesn't look the best but other than that it appears to be all there.

IMO it's not worth $250k. Probably somewhere around the $150k mark but I'm just going by what I sold my UK 930 for 3 years ago but then again I'm probably wrong and someone will school me :) 

14 minutes ago, Techno said:

I'm not sure if this has come up for discussion yet.

I'm not up with current air-cooled values. Is this legit?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mowbray/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-930-black-manual-convertible/1271751511

Local to me, not sure if the white 930 is up as well.  He also has a couple of Fezzas.  Happy to tyre kick for someone, but I know F all about 930s.....