Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 hours ago, wangan said:

Has anyone looked at the red 3.2 G50 in QLD? 

Been up for a while now. Market has gone crazy. Thought it would have sold by now. 

It certainly looks good and doesn't appear to have any alarm bells.  Don't like the the aftermarket stereo and the chopping up that's been done to fit the larger speakers.  But that's common and ripping out the extra wiring plus the 2 likely abandoned car alarms is all part of the C3.2 restoration experience.

I think it might be a case of when it was first posted it was way above market and has just sat there.  Looks like the C3.2 market isn't at $188k yet?

REMINDER to be vigilant when a new member with 1 or 2 posts ask for cars or parts or say they'll buy them etc, and don't email them if requested.

If anyone thinks they could be dodgy, report their post(s) to admin and we'll check them out

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3571413009629604/

it seems 996 and 997 are the flavour here but what about this sad little guy.

Close to my work so i dropped in today. Unfortunately it was at the mechanic getting an alternator done or something.

I got his PPSR search..

It's a 74 Targa S. Chopped into a cab.

The engine number listed has one digit too many but looks like a 73 USA or Canada engine. maybe a Sporto 911.96. So that doesn't match with being a 74 but it is serial number 911-4-3-1-0159 so a very early 74 maybe had a 73 engine???

He says it has a turbo engine. I'll drop back in to eyeball the engine number when he gets it back.

Has a bit of history with it being repossessed then auctioned. Comes with a former owner who wants it back.

I did get out of him that he paid $60K and would let it go for $70K or $61K maybe...

Could be a project to tidy up and flog back to the yanks as it's still a lefty.

26 minutes ago, Pembo said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3571413009629604/

it seems 996 and 997 are the flavour here but what about this sad little guy.

Close to my work so i dropped in today. Unfortunately it was at the mechanic getting an alternator done or something.

I got his PPSR search..

It's a 74 Targa S. Chopped into a cab.

The engine number listed has one digit too many but looks like a 73 USA or Canada engine. maybe a Sporto 911.96. So that doesn't match with being a 74 but it is serial number 911-4-3-1-0159 so a very early 74 maybe had a 73 engine???

He says it has a turbo engine. I'll drop back in to eyeball the engine number when he gets it back.

Has a bit of history with it being repossessed then auctioned. Comes with a former owner who wants it back.

I did get out of him that he paid $60K and would let it go for $70K or $61K maybe...

Could be a project to tidy up and flog back to the yanks as it's still a lefty.

It would be a tough gig selling a car like that

10 hours ago, Pembo said:

No doubt. Viable for someone with panel skills to return to original, provided the engine is not a drama. Not for me though. I can barely paint a fence.

Better to rebadge it as a COVIN 

On 16/05/2021 at 08:25, symsy said:

Look 993s are simply the best lets stop this debate ...... I would have thought the biggest factor was the trendy outlook to have sunroofs in that era -  when it comes to flex...

The internet is king and google is the new advisor , what does that say , it has replaced these personal opinions guys .. come on lets get up to date here 

Well OKAY unless your ELON an we can follow him on BITCOIN and crapy EV cars to name but a few things or a if you have a really super cute gorgeous instagram influencer body which he dont and I dont suppose the people being quoted here do either??

I also really dont know Mr Dutton at any level or the people being quoted but really

Car salesmen as quality assurance advocates ..? Well its like getting an engineering review done by a lego builder.

Or 

Taking advice from the uni student on a best bottle of red in the bottle shop, the fundamentals are generally the same .. price 

GURUS and CAR GURUS  - Gotta love them Greatly Understood Relatively Useless

Im glad that Im not active in the market, you gotta question the true value of these cars..when you justify them against your previously paid emotional purchase scale, we will all want to uphold them.. but really the various G bodies , 964 and now 993 all have a lot of hot air flat six flatulence in their value bench mark.

Ohh I better go dashing off to view some real estate in another fairy dust economy that we live with, no doubt the real estate check in dude , will shower me with the best of architectural and building renovations advice, doubtful interior design tips and will be quoting the council building codes with eloquence.  

Hands up who bought the underbody paint protection from the dealer in the 70s, 80 or 90s when ordering their new car .. gotta have a laugh how we get advice from these folk with motivation for their commission or bottom line ? 

PS As a very astute buyer I have no sunroof in my 993 but I can tell ya something at the backend flexes cos the fricken boot hoses pop off on 993s

@Scott SS964 Im an Ex GT car owner whos a member of the  993 love community too mate .. 

So that’s where and what you been up to ... 

16 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Might taste yummy, but I'm chocking on the price... 

I initially struggled with such pricing 6 mths back. Not anymore though, a colleague just bought an 85 aussie 3.2 no books with higher mileage and sunroof and wing for 10k north of that! He is still having to spend some coin to make it right but i guess good cars sell. The caveat to me is if they touch 200, then i do think my money would be better on a gt3  😛

1 hour ago, drmurugti said:

I initially struggled with such pricing 6 mths back. Not anymore though, a colleague just bought an 85 aussie 3.2 no books with higher mileage and sunroof and wing for 10k north of that! He is still having to spend some coin to make it right but i guess good cars sell. The caveat to me is if they touch 200, then i do think my money would be better on a gt3  😛

Your colleague must have really loved the colour! 

16 hours ago, hugh said:

Your colleague must have really loved the colour! 

it was an off white car...so i personaly didnt really like the colour (dont think he did as well).

Ill swallow my words now...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-porsche-911-carrera-manual/OAG-AD-19845267/?Cr=31

Just listed as sold. FOMO?

I put down deposit on these two 930 Turbos in Tasmania. Anyone know these cars?

- White one - 1978 matching numbers, factory RHD, tourist delivery in Europe and brought to Australia. Tassie car most of its life.

- Black one - 1988 matching numbers, factory RHD, full documentation from new, black with red interior, UK delivery, imported to Australia in early 2000s, spent life in Sydney and seller bought it to Tassie for the last few years

Seller was a lovely honest gentleman who mentioned he was part of the Porsche club in Tasmania over the years.

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.44.39 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.43.13 pm.jpg

2 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

I put down deposit on these two 930 Turbos in Tasmania. Anyone know these cars?

- White one - 1978 matching numbers, factory RHD, tourist delivery in Europe and brought to Australia. Tassie car most of its life.

- Black one - 1988 matching numbers, factory RHD, full documentation from new, black with red interior, UK delivery, imported to Australia in early 2000s, spent life in Sydney and seller bought it to Tassie for the last few years

Seller was a lovely honest gentleman who mentioned he was part of the Porsche club in Tasmania over the years.

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.44.39 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.43.13 pm.jpg

My mechanic did a PPI on one of them during the week, believe prospective purchaser decided to pass, don't know the details of issues found.  Phil may have been a PCT member at some stage, but not during the 7 years I've been involved.  He also has / had a couple of fezzers too.  There are Tasmanians on here who will know more about these cars, won't name them but they can chime in if they want to.....

Good luck Blue Ixxi, hope they prove to everything you want them to be 🙂