Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

20 hours ago, JWM said:

Yep. 

6A9EA276-F6FB-47F5-93A7-956B56535A1B.jpeg

Friend of mine was in talks at $165,000 and they didn't come to an agreement. 

He said the car wasn't concourse. Needed quite a bit of work. Full repaint years ago, which wasn't in the best condition and that the red and blue didn't really go well, but he was still prepared to jump on it for asking, by the time he decided, it was sold though, so I'm assuming it sold for asking.

Theres some big money being thrown around on 3.2s at the moment. I know of a white one with high 200kms, that sold off market for $170k, again needing a bit of work. 

11 minutes ago, wangan said:

He said the car wasn't concourse. Needed quite a bit of work. Full repaint years ago, which wasn't in the best condition and that the red and blue didn't really go well, but he was still prepared to jump on it for asking

I know of a white one with high 200kms, that sold off market for $170k, again needing a bit of work. 

Really? That's nuts if it still needed work, yet to what kind of standard? If it's concourse he was/is after, then I dare say most cars at that price point or even higher will require some work to bring it up to an acceptable quality. 

2 hours ago, SteveF said:

Not long to go @Dreamr!!

Thx god @Dreamin ain’t a chronic nail biter.... last recent sale of one of these cupcakes, was (I think) approx 30k plus hammer ... 

where’s this going to end up and has the super rare paperwork /lit with it ... at least 26 pics of that alone on the listing 

001.GIF

1 hour ago, michel said:

Anyone know what the final $ was ?

Last time i checked few hours before auction, it was sitting on $50k or something like that

But don't stress if you missed out. There is a genuine 917 at RM Sotheby coming up for sale in Aug with an estimated price range between $16m & $18.6m (yes m not a k). So you have time to start saving

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo21/monterey/lots/r0008-1970-porsche-917-k/1102159

31 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Only goes in sold if it meets reserve ..

If it doesn’t meet reserve, it disappears into the never never ...

That’s pretty much what I was saying.  So the 917 has disappeared into the ethos...again.

Congrats on your sale Dreamr.

25 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

That’s pretty much what I was saying.  So the 917 has disappeared into the ethos...again.

Congrats on your sale Dreamr.

I kind of realised that after I posted .. I was a bit quick with the keyboard!

Thanks mate .. was a great result. It’s off to Belgium of all places.

6 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I kind of realised that after I posted .. I was a bit quick with the keyboard!

Thanks mate .. was a great result. It’s off to Belgium of all places.

Pity it’s not staying in Australia.

I thought a local dealership may have bought it.

21 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Pity it’s not staying in Australia.

I thought a local dealership may have bought it.

It’s funny you should say that .. the 936 Junior that sold last week was bought by Porsche Melbourne. It sold for a record high price.

I was also hoping that they would buy this one as well ... 1. To keep it in Oz and 2. to have the pigeon pair on display.

I don’t know if they bid on it, but I do know it'll be leaving .. 😢

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Oh well .. you'll just have to put that off till another one comes up for sale ..  :Chuckle2:

Looks like I'll have to then! Unless Ron Goodman will sell his 906 replica, then I'll buy a ticket this week

34 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Looks like I'll have to then! Unless Ron Goodman will sell his 906 replica, then I'll buy a ticket this week

But the 917 probably didn’t reach reserve.  It will still be for sale and will pop up again...somewhere 😁

24 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Managed to pull it up .. final closing bid was $126k .. obviously didn't meet reserve.

Know he was originally asking $230-260k. I'd pay it if I had the coin, as he's done an amazing job of building it. WA Porsche nut Marc and Cars on YouTube did a feature on it

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Know he was originally asking $230-260k. I'd pay it if I had the coin, as he's done an amazing job of building it. WA Porsche nut Marc and Cars on YouTube did a feature on it

Lotto ticket time again dude .. 😎

Just now, Dreamr said:

Lotto ticket time again dude .. 😎

Onto it 👍Will also be ordering a 910 from Mckernan restorations, as they've nearly finished a full carbon bodied car...and forcing Ron Goodman to sell his 906 😁

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Onto it 👍Will also be ordering a 910 from Mckernan restorations, as they've nearly finished a full carbon bodied car...and forcing Ron Goodman to sell his 906 😁

I'm starting to think 2 lotto tickets! .. 😅

On 26/03/2021 at 18:14, symsy said:

Well it came with good track provenance from  a PFAer .. theres some youtube knocking around of it at bathurst and was a club champion car .. and just about most bolt on goodies you could try and  had been put on over multiple development cycles prior to me and a mate getting it .  We then popped another 20-30k + into it and fettled it with a view of potentially doing more track , doing targa and having a mean street car ..  and then no one had the balls to buy it basically .. 

Its was described as a grunty angry beast that was trying to kill me , when I chased/mixed it in a fast lineup of hot 911s in Melbourne by someone who followed me over reefton spur.  Some of the Melbourne crew  loved it and have seen it and as a driver it really had  near perfect feedback from the steering, almost GT3 like but a G series style ... We left it with a bit of patina .. to give it  street tough cred , a few rough edges left on purpose when we painted it , did the top end work and more and various other bits ...

This is why I say the  its very debatable speccy car, which has , will be discussed on forums .. but as I said not in my experience that people rush to buy, god knows why not , theres enough to say about it and BS in car circles , it has a lot of bragging rights for what it is. Heads will turn when you roll into cars an coffee and people for sure will hear you arrive and depart.

I feel you can find reasons why not to buy this car if your porsche paperwork..shuffler ,  it is an import , non matching etc etc but it has other stuff thats visible when you look at it .. all the tech components are obvious ..

God knows what its worth.. We ripped up money thats all I will say .. and the dude evidently is at higher price by a bit and more ,  than what we let it go for via a broker .. so whats the covid markup god knows..he could get his dollar and god luck

It was my lesson, forum keyboard discussions dont translate into buyers .. comments to dollar parted are very very low ..

Enjoy.. go drive it and give us your impression ...Its got new tyres , I havent kicked em 

Your buy Ryan .. go for it .. you can finish it Obrut style , maybe a purple stripe :) 

I can't see the link on carsales anymore, but from your description I think I may have been the idiot who bought the car ...lol...least its in Sunny qld ;)

Car drives amazing, kudos to all the great work you/ your friend/ DH has done to the car.  Im loving it!