Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, Turra said:

This one is back again, I think it was $125k last time it was listed as sold and even the photos are the same. Looks very nice.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1979-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-5847071

Im pretty sure its was this car, I nearly bought it  from Rob Raymer a decade ago when the paint was average for 35k

1 hour ago, Turra said:

This one is back again, I think it was $125k last time it was listed as sold and even the photos are the same. Looks very nice.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1979-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-5847071

It sat for ages and ages at $125k mid to late last year.

21 hours ago, Fishcop said:

It's "pretty" but it's trim is incorrect for the year (not including the conversion), and the door mirrors are triggering me!

The doors should also have the opening vent windows for 1973 or am i wrong? I really know diddly squat about model year specs but i'm gettin better.

2 minutes ago, Pembo said:

The doors should also have the opening vent windows for 1973 or am i wrong? I really know diddly squat about model year specs but i'm gettin better.

No, opening quarter lights ended in '68 for coupes - but continued for Targas.

22 hours ago, Fishcop said:

It's "pretty" but it's trim is incorrect for the year (not including the conversion), and the door mirrors are triggering me!

Oh yeah! I hadn't picked up on the mirrors, but now can't unsee it! Wonder what the thought process was there. Funny how the car sales ad went on about the priority with the restoration being originality!

Like @Pembo I'm slowly getting my head around the details, what are some of the trim mix-ups?

8 hours ago, WOKA said:

It sat for ages and ages at $125k mid to late last year.

And if it was still $125k it might sell this time, but no, just keep cranking up the price. I get trying to achieve top dollar but if you were happy asking $125k just under 12 months ago why not take advantage of the current hype and take the $125k today, it would go with probably a minimum of fuss. I made an offer on an SC the other week and by the time I'd checked on a few things and got back to the seller the asking price had gone up another $21k, which made it about $36k over what it was realistically worth. Didn't get that one.

22 minutes ago, Bugs77 said:

And if it was still $125k it might sell this time, but no, just keep cranking up the price. I get trying to achieve top dollar but if you were happy asking $125k just under 12 months ago why not take advantage of the current hype and take the $125k today, it would go with probably a minimum of fuss. I made an offer on an SC the other week and by the time I'd checked on a few things and got back to the seller the asking price had gone up another $21k, which made it about $36k over what it was realistically worth. Didn't get that one.

I have had some cars offered to me over the past few weeks where the prices are laughable. 

12 hours ago, Whateverreally said:

Yep I’m searching for an impact bumper coupe and people are after $130k for sporto 2.7 and $170k  for manuals I’ll just keep looking 

We might be able to work something out......Send me a PM

21 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

Following the "put the price up" trend, this one has been online for over 3 or 4 years at around $100k. Now $130k

I am thinking its going to be difficult 😀. Hacked up LHD converted targa at $130k??

https://www.carsales.com.au/link/400943b9-9f58-4e29-84a5-89f5bf353d8e

I’m pretty sure that was first listed at $200k!

On 16/06/2021 at 07:48, Turra said:

Lovely looking car, looks like an interior colour change from that delivered in 'Cork' on the Vehicle Details Certificate

17 hours ago, Whateverreally said:

Yep I’m searching for an impact bumper coupe and people are after $130k for sporto 2.7 and $170k  for manuals I’ll just keep looking 

Just be as educated as possible on these and super patent. Just over 18 months ago I sold my Aust. delivered original Mexico blue non sunroof very straight 2.7 with RS rear flares, original 5 speed box, totally sorted suspension, GT3 style exhaust and uprated aircon, and it came with every original part that had been removed due to mild hot rodding. New owner paid $80k for it which was a nice fair price and the new owner can still spend a bit on it, not that anything needed doing immediately.
I went modern for 12 months but it wasn't me so have now re-entered classics with a 78 SC, I like a little hot rodding so as a starting point this car is an import converted with factory bits (done a while ago when the bits where available) and is straight and rust free and we know it's history. Was delivered dark beige, then changed to red and now black and now due for an engine rebuild and it has a sunroof that I may delete later but I bought it for $65k, so I can tip a bit into it and make it really nice without blowing the budget too much.
I would hate to spend $130k+ and still have to rebuild stuff which is usually the case, you need to buy from an enthusiast that bought the car at the right time so they don't need to sell at an over the top price and still do ok, but be prepared for said enthusiast to give you the third degree to make sure your not just a flipper and you visions for the car match theirs. 

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

Trying to make it look earlier, or just "These will do"? Shouldn't they be the chrome metal flags? 

They are correct Durants but positioned incorrectly on the doors.  Left and right are always asymmetric - and LHD/RHD dependent.  Porsche set the mirrors up so that the driver can use the mirrors properly - but that means positioning them differently on each door respective of the driving position.  It nearly always a dead giveaway on a converted car, and if not corrected, the passenger mirror gives a glorious view of nothing and can never be positioned properly.

It’s not just Porsche prices that are crazy - try $166k for an FD RX7 (granted it is a rare SP) or $144k for a stock R32 GTR

makes a 996 GT3 seem cheap at $200k

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/shannons-winter-auction-skyline-and-rx-7?fbclid=IwAR3_ZbCVZbC6jd7Epx-GiF5Ak1xgjTh-0YhCWY3jUg5NWTmuNKFFxcZN5Zo