Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, Jason A said:

Wow - what about a Peter Werret Sigma. They were rare 🥺

Know of a Sigma Turbo that sold for $35k in SA. I have a Peter Wherret signature Momo wheel hanging up. Not in the closet though 😁

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Haha yep, but when did you last see one......?

Very true. Unlike common as muck 911's 

31 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Been for sale for over 12 months .. thats gotta say something.

I tell my kids all the time .. we can ask whatever we want for our stuff .. doesn't mean we’re gonna get it.

On 19/06/2021 at 07:37, rafikdous said:

Reached $21,600 on Gray's. I reckon that was a fair number. Me think Mr Charles will be very disappointed if he thinks he will get much more for it

1 hour ago, Wanna912 said:

Just wondering if this car has been drawn to your attention?

https://www.lawsons.com.au/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=9191H++++++1+&refno=31770503&saletype=I

Looks like a decent driver. All 4 panels gaps are not the best but nothing that cannot be fixed as long as it is not bogged. Engine number is year correct for the car so could be original to it. T5 Bs did not come with a dash clock originally. Left door "could" be bogged, difficult to tell from the pictures. Wheels look like Brazilian after market specially the spare, that's why if doesn't fit upright as it should. Wrong style battery, they crossed over the terminals

If it goes for the expected range ($120 to $130) then it would be a good buy.

With the exchange rate, duties, GST, fumigation, asbestos removal BS, etc, you couldn't get one landed here for that much

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

Up she goes again. Didn't sell at $88k so it went to $94k now $99k

At this rate, it will be over $150k by the end of the year

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-7076651

yeah - not sure what the $ value deduction would be for a repairable write off factored in ??

I believe the seller absolutely stole it when he bought it (under 40k?) so I think trying to milk it for a $50k uplift is a bit fanciful. He will find a handsome return at any reasonable price. All he ends up doing is leaving it unloved on CS until people start assuming there’s an issue because it’s been unsold forever (let alone the yo-yo pricing strategy)

4 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

I believe the seller absolutely stole it when he bought it (under 40k?) so I think trying to milk it for a $50k uplift is a bit fanciful. He will find a handsome return at any reasonable price. All he ends up doing is leaving it unloved on CS until people start assuming there’s an issue because it’s been unsold forever (let alone the yo-yo pricing strategy)

$36k, apparently pretty rough and rust issues

Sorry if this has been listed before. I've seen it a few years ago when he thought of selling, though it was probably around 40-50 grand cheaper 😁 Does present well in the photos, though if this is what converted cars are going to sell for, then that's a sign the market is still bonkers, and I should up my insurance to six figures! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1978-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7287890?fbclid=IwAR1hkO93qDHKEgjoTXnyOEimDmGA7on97geD6zuks2D-hBBN3hKBiMwd-ZQ

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Sorry if this has been listed before. I've seen it a few years ago when he thought of selling, though it was probably around 40-50 grand cheaper 😁 Does present well in the photos, though if this is what converted cars are going to sell for, then that's a sign the market is still bonkers, and I should up my insurance to six figures! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1978-porsche-911-sc-manual/SSE-AD-7287890?fbclid=IwAR1hkO93qDHKEgjoTXnyOEimDmGA7on97geD6zuks2D-hBBN3hKBiMwd-ZQ

It is a nice looking car, but ridiculous price for a converted car with over 300,000ks

14 minutes ago, JLD said:

It is a nice looking car, but ridiculous price for a converted car with over 300,000ks

Kms really shouldn't factor into a car that is over 40 years old. Condition is king. Kms by that point are basically irrelevant IMO.