Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

48 minutes ago, mrar said:

This car was for sale in Sydney back in feb 2014 with 11,500 kms, ask was $240k.Think it went for less can't remember. Cracker of a car back then when came to w.a. Looked fast standing still.

That smells from here of tarmac shredding...   How do you identify CS or non CS  in these.. Having parted with a GT Clubsport car.. I cant say I miss climbing across those fricken carbon seats.. but I would still want a bit of bolster and some harnesses and do like a cage.. My arse wants a softer seat .... maybe this setup is the compromise..  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt2-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-6403332/?Cr=3

When you think these cars were 425k arena new .. thats pretty good depreciation curve 

1 hour ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Clubsport has folding buckets and half cage.  

Buckets in the 7/2 are different than in the GT3 also.  Easier to get in / out of - also fold for rear access.  

Sounds like you know them 

Both these are Gen 1 cars yes ?  Neither cage or harness bar look anything like that of.GT3?  Stereo head unit is that of later car in the CTS car , did they not have centre locks also ?

They are all 2 seaters ?

Hope I'd know! I had one :)

All two seaters - (there may be one white one that was converted/ 4 seater from memory) which has sport (non bucket seats) but my memory may be failing 

They all have the nav screen (that I've seen)  as well as extended leather (dash etc) 

Half cage same as GT3, buckets different.

No centre locks on any - only on the 7/2 RS.  Ceramics were standard. 

Sorry - the CTS car with the harness bar isn't factory - I just looked through the pictures. 

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Anyone in SA know this car?  This car looks really magnificent.  I just love the colour.  It's at $36K but what is a far price to bid?

That does look nice, I’ll go out on a limb and say 6 days from now it will be $100-$110k 🤔

Hi Symsy and 1q,

The CTS car is an '09 - or as its known 997.1 and a half....

Series 1 looks and but Series 2 PCM - that's the only real difference. 

Sofas were a NCO in a CS from Porsche and as 1q says, - Harness bar is a BK item - not factory.

The easier way to tell a CS from a non CS (generally) is the cage as 1q said - but also the Factory installed fire BOMB in the floor of passenger side.

The other white one in Sydney is a series 1. Also non CS. with what appears to be a non Factory cage.

The Meteor Grey one - a 2009 - also a series 1 1/2.

There was 1 complied as a 4 seater - originally registered in qld. Bassalt Black if my memory serves correct.

Hope that helps?

SA

I really cannot understand why you wouldn’t get professional photographs taken so you can see the colour. It’s a lovely car no doubt (apart from the ally crap as I mentioned) and the colour can actually pop if done properly. Interested to see how this one goes.