Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

15 hours ago, Turra said:

These tools do it always. Waste of space

13 hours ago, sleazius said:

Didn't mention Austro-Daimler in the ad ... not even a true historian!

:Chuckle2:

I thought the same thing, I know the history of Porsche you wally, that's why I'm here looking at one for over $100k.

1 hour ago, Schnell said:

I thought the same thing, I know the history of Porsche you wally, that's why I'm here looking at one for over $100k.

Everything has to read like a fine art catalogue doncha know.  As price goes past 6 figures one must stop drinking from bottles in stubby coolers and start sipping tea with pinky raised.  I hope you lot of unwashed colonials have got that.

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

Everything has to read like a fine art catalogue doncha know.  As price goes past 6 figures one must stop drinking from bottles in stubby coolers and start sipping tea with pinky raised.  I hope you lot of unwashed colonials have got that.

I used to say , I had a visa in my passport and that makes me a visitor and not a Pommie or prisoner or mother england ... now Im stuck on the worlds greatest desert island , drinking tea outta mugs with my pinky in the air, with all the he other mugs discussing dirty imports vs fine aussie delivered ...  the words gone mad ... the fine art catalogues talk of provenance .. just to add a to euro flair.. isnt that a french word ?  Maybe the better review of this approach to fluffing could be described with the german saying SCHNAPSIDEE , an idea to do something whilst your drunk . aka write an advert whilst drinking too much Schnaps.     Gotta be worth 120k.. is it not .... or as the Aussies might say "Talking shit  on the forum when you have had a skin full".  ... Fuch it four olcock must be time for a lockdown beer somewhere

2 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Ugh...yet another long winded history of Porsche

THIS IS NOT A PORSCHE! 

Know someone here who built one of them 😉😁

Somewhere around 1100 Porsche for sale on Carsales, 560 SUV,  225 Convertibles and 290 Coupes with about 100 of those coupes being manual transmission.

I only did the comparo because I was surprised at how many convertibles seemed to be popping up.

8 minutes ago, 9er said:

Somewhere around 1100 Porsche for sale on Carsales, 560 SUV,  225 Convertibles and 290 Coupes with about 100 of those coupes being manual transmission.

I only did the comparo because I was surprised at how many convertibles seemed to be popping up.

Bored Mate ?

3 hours ago, sjm said:

Wow, imagine being sat next to the person that wrote That at a dinner party 😔zzzz

I was , he spoke of his wife , now slightly wrinkled but still good looking , had been on show for some years but unfortunately someone hadnt applied protection to the front scoops and they are a bit sun damaged. She was born to a farmer and his wife betty born in a country town , close well you could say quite close if you measure in nautical miles across the lake .  She was thought about for a long time and was conceived on a blue moon after a long degustation dinner when they had missed the boat home across the lake and had to drive the some 69 miles around it .  Fortunately they did have a warm night for the drive and the roof didnt fit so she managed to appropriately so.. find the gear shift and get it into the H pattern slot without lubrication. The mother thought at first the father had bad gear linkage but it was the alcohol, She also that she thought the he had a kink in the lever but he told her it was from too much racing and going for the Crutch... I mean clutch , the bend from in a hurry when down shifting for the quick dash to the line on the short circuits.

The parents opened a factory some time  and after further inspecting the knob the mother definitely concurred it was well finished , they proceeded together to go to full production and have  another 7 children this way after this first prototyping experience , There was a design flaw however as his wife only had a short chassis none of the children managed to get on the school basket ball team.  Something about the arsenic in the water from 1931 had also impacted his DNA. and timing gear , it was some times premature but mostly retarded or didnt provide a clean spark.

The business nine the less became very successful and he was seen to be the man to get things done ..   He has since founder a younger more bucksome version and jig for his workshop and this faithful older workhorse is now presented for sale ... some of the cushioning is a bit saggy but she has a lots of interesting Patina.

All other data can be looked up at the Birth deaths and marriages dept.

One careful owner never raced or rallyed 🤪

56 minutes ago, symsy said:

I was , he spoke of his wife , now slightly wrinkled but still good looking , had been on show for some years but unfortunately someone hadnt applied protection to the front scoops and they are a bit sun damaged. She was born to a farmer and his wife betty born in a country town , close well you could say quite close if you measure in nautical miles across the lake .  She was thought about for a long time and was conceived on a blue moon after a long degustation dinner when they had missed the boat home across the lake and had to drive the some 69 miles around it .  Fortunately they did have a warm night for the drive and the roof didnt fit so she managed to appropriately so.. find the gear shift and get it into the H pattern slot without lubrication. The mother thought at first the father had bad gear linkage but it was the alcohol, She also that she thought the he had a kink in the lever but he told her it was from too much racing and going for the Crutch... I mean clutch , the bend from in a hurry when down shifting for the quick dash to the line on the short circuits.

The parents opened a factory some time  and after further inspecting the knob the mother definitely concurred it was well finished , they proceeded together to go to full production and have  another 7 children this way after this first prototyping experience , There was a design flaw however as his wife only had a short chassis none of the children managed to get on the school basket ball team.  Something about the arsenic in the water from 1931 had also impacted his DNA. and timing gear , it was some times premature but mostly retarded or didnt provide a clean spark.

The business nine the less became very successful and he was seen to be the man to get things done ..   He has since founder a younger more bucksome version and jig for his workshop and this faithful older workhorse is now presented for sale ... some of the cushioning is a bit saggy but she has a lots of interesting Patina.

All other data can be looked up at the Birth deaths and marriages dept.

One careful owner never raced or rallyed 🤪

Surely we should all be concerned and call someone in the appropriate department to come and collect him?? .. 😏

Just got out bid on Shannon’s for a factory RHD 912 1965 .... went for $93k plus 5% buyer premium on top  .... my car stacker spot for a classic bumper  Porsche remains empty .... 

I’m Newish to the market probably should have stuck around until the 100k mark what do you guys think ?  .... never too much $$ maybe too early they say 

Should/will I wake up with short term regrets  ? 

Tomorrow is a new day sun will come up and new opportunities will come. 

24 minutes ago, Ccan1 said:

Just got out bid on Shannon’s for a factory RHD 912 1965 .... went for $93k plus 5% buyer premium on top  .... my car stacker spot for a classic bumper  Porsche remains empty .... 

I’m Newish to the market probably should have stuck around until the 100k mark what do you guys think ?  .... never too much $$ maybe too early they say 

It's easy .. if you wake up with regrets,  then yes, you should have gone higher ..

At the end of the day, if you went to $120k and you're happy, then it's a good buy. It doesn't matter what the market says it's worth, its what YOU think.

I've always said .. a good deal is when both the buyer and the seller walk away happy.

Good luck in your search ..

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

At the end of the day, if you went to $120k and you're happy, then it's a good buy. It doesn't matter what the market says it's worth, its what YOU think

Well said mate 👍

As long as it puts a smile on your face, it doesn't matter what anything costs. 

On 06/09/2021 at 12:52, Dreamr said:

I remember those exact words a few years ago when you could sell one for $50k .. :LOL:

Remember when there used to be the saying “They (911’s) are all 50k cars. Its more about buy now and pay later or pay upfront with nothing more to pay .”?

12 hours ago, Ccan1 said:

Just be happy you didn’t buy the Bahama yellow Sporto…