Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

But this seems decent value

For a HotRod, I guess so. I must confess that I am no expert on these early cars, however, the dash facia looks impact bumper to me and I am quietly confident the long hoods did not have air vents either end of the dash - hence my initial comment.

I also might need to lift the covers and re-familiarise myself with the hips of a long hood, but those ones look wider that what they should??

Obviously the seats and door-cards. Looks like the MFI and bits are there, so there's something :)

20 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Maybe my radar isn’t calibrated right as everything is so good damned expensive….But this seems decent value. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1969-porsche-911-e-manual/OAG-AD-19913830

Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

For a HotRod, I guess so. I must confess that I am no expert on these early cars, however, the dash facia looks impact bumper to me and I am quietly confident the long hoods did not have air vents either end of the dash - hence my initial comment.

I also might need to lift the covers and re-familiarise myself with the hips of a long hood, but those ones look wider that what they should??

Obviously the seats and door-cards. Looks like the MFI and bits are there, so there's something :)

Judging by the interior and RS exterior panels, my guess is that it was forward dated into a G-series look (was the style at the time) and has now since been reverted (partially) back to a long-hood (cheaply) for a flip. 

12 hours ago, WGA said:

First of the PDKs, coupla nice options including flappy paddle wheels and fancy stop watch,  love white!!

A repost from elsewhere. I sure hope I got the right forum this time...🙄

Hi everyone

My apologies in advance for the eye-rolling this post will cause among the many knowledgeable Porsche veterans here.

I had the good fortune to drive a 2010 911 for a few days and really fell in love with it. I've been behind the wheel of BMWs and Audis before but they never did much for me. I usually stick with Camrys.

So I went online and saw that Porsche's sticker price for a basic 911 is around $250K. They also offer a guaranteed future value programme by which they claim they'll buy the car back from you if you upgrade to a new model.

$250K for me is a big deal - two years' net wages. I see that the Cayman is far more affordable, particularly second-hand. I haven't seen a 911 second-hand for under $100K - close to the price of a new 718 Cayman.

Covid makes test-driving a Cayman difficult, but I'm led to understand that it's very similar to a 911 to amateurs like me.

I obviously have plenty of research to do before I start throwing money around. What do people here think about Porsche's guaranteed future value scheme? Are there particular Cayman years to avoid if I opt for a second-hand one? They seem to be scarce on carsales.com.au.

Thanks for any constructive input.

11 hours ago, johnpeen said:

I had the good fortune to drive a 2010 911 for a few days and really fell in love with it. I've been behind the wheel of BMWs and Audis before but they never did much for me. I usually stick with Camrys.

Which 2010 911 model / series specifically did you drive ?  Coupe ? Cabriolet ? Man/Auto ?   

We need more info on what type of drive experience you are looking for ?  Do you want it as a daily driver or the odd weekend/Sunday joy run ? 

There are so many great models and variations.  You don't need to spend $250k even though the market is red hot at the moment.  A quick search on CS for 2010 models and I found this which is at a very different price point.  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my10/SSE-AD-7408371/?Cr=2

When you are outlaying this sort of coin if I was you I would be patient and drive as many different models as you can once we are out of lockdown and able to do so, depending on where you are located.   

My suggestion is to decide on your budget range first allowing ~10-20k wiggle room if you find something you really want.  If you can share more details as highlighted above you are likely to get much more informed and helpful feedback.  

1 hour ago, Thommo66 said:

Which 2010 911 model / series specifically did you drive ?  Coupe ? Cabriolet ? Man/Auto ?   

We need more info on what type of drive experience you are looking for ?  Do you want it as a daily driver or the odd weekend/Sunday joy run ? 

There are so many great models and variations.  You don't need to spend $250k even though the market is red hot at the moment.  A quick search on CS for 2010 models and I found this which is at a very different price point.  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my10/SSE-AD-7408371/?Cr=2

When you are outlaying this sort of coin if I was you I would be patient and drive as many different models as you can once we are out of lockdown and able to do so, depending on where you are located.   

My suggestion is to decide on your budget range first allowing ~10-20k wiggle room if you find something you really want.  If you can share more details as highlighted above you are likely to get much more informed and helpful feedback.  

Thanks for the terrific pointers, Thommo66.

I drove a 911 cabriolet automatic. While I like the idea of driving manual, I'm not experienced enough with high-powered cars for stick to be anything but another nuisance.

I've never cared much for cars, sporty or mediocre. But those few days zipping along country roads with the 911 were exhilarating.

My budget is $100K to $120K. For safety and convenience, I'd opt for a coupe over a cabriolet. The vehicle would be solely for Sunday expeditions; I have no delusions of using it as an everyday family car.

I agree that patience is good counsel in this sort of environment. I'm not looking to make a purchase before the end of next year. Posting here is very much part of my initial research phase.

Alan Moffat and Allan Hamilton Factory 935 

www.ecuriebowden.com.au

PRICE

POA
DESCRIPTION
One of Australia's greatest Porsche's.

* Ex Alan Moffat / Allan Hamilton / John Walker / Bruce Harris.
* Original, unrestored factory 934.
* Matching numbers.
* 1977 and 1980 Australian Sports Car Championship winner.
* Only 11 starts in period, with 6 x 1st, 4 x 3rd and only 1 x DNF.
* Every race finish was on the podium; Not too shabby.
* Considerable spares package.
* Last factory Porsche race car you can legally road register.
* Buyer receives option on her 1980 ASCC winning 934.5 engine.

More information at www.ecuriebowden.com.au
SPECIFICATIONS
Make: Porsche
Model: 934
Year: 1976
Vehicle Location: Buderim QLD, Australia
VIN/Engine Number: 9306700165
ADVERTISER DETAILS
Name: Chris Bowden
Day Time Phone: 0438269938
Night Time Phone: 0438269938
State: Queensland
PostCode: 4556

67095_670960.jpg

34803_348035.jpg

92789_927903.jpg

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

www.ecuriebowden.com.au

PRICE

POA
DESCRIPTION

* Matching numbers.

Stunning 934! Hate to guess $$$. Unfortunately will most likely go to an overseas collector...

7 hours ago, Dalai said:

Stunning 934! Hate to guess $$$. Unfortunately will most likely go to an overseas collector...

to think you could have bought it for $120,000 at the end of it's racing.  The Latham car was also for sale for $100,000 at the same time.

I was really hoping to win the lottery back then...

still am

On 18/09/2021 at 12:03, Raven said:

www.ecuriebowden.com.au

PRICE

POA
DESCRIPTION

* Matching numbers.
* 1977 and 1980 Australian Sports Car Championship winner.
* Only 11 starts in period, with 6 x 1st, 4 x 3rd and only 1 x DNF.
* Every race finish was on the podium; Not too shabby.
* Considerable spares package.
* Last factory Porsche race car you can legally road register.
* Buyer receives option on her 1980 ASCC winning 934.5 engine.

More information at www.ecuriebowden.com.au
SPECIFICATIONS
Make: Porsche
Model: 934
Year: 1976
Vehicle Location: Buderim QLD, Australia
VIN/Engine Number: 9306700165
ADVERTISER DETAILS
Name: Chris Bowden
Day Time Phone: 0438269938
Night Time Phone: 0438269938
State: Queensland
PostCode: 4556

67095_670960.jpg

34803_348035.jpg

92789_927903.jpg

Oh be still my beating heart!

Flat Fan GOODNESS!!!!

On 15/09/2021 at 19:15, WGA said:

I bought it! So excited & looking forward to being a more active member on here! 

Picking it up on Thursday, will post pics.