Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Well done, great looking car!

On 19/09/2021 at 13:50, on_booost said:

Oh be still my beating heart!

Flat Fan GOODNESS!!!!

On 19/09/2021 at 14:58, TwoHeadsTas said:

Still prefer the Jaegermeister livery 🙂 

I have 2 Tamiya models to build in this colour scheme, a 1/12 and a 1/20 scale........

Just need to win Tatts tonight and I would fulfill my dream! Last time I saw it for sale it was $125,000 in Brents on cnr of Springvale Rd. and Princess Hwy.

My ute was worth about $1000!!

This one is for sale in Melbourne , also requires some  assembly :D

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/121708/porsche-935-k3-imsa-spec-jim-torres-built

668614.jpg

Offered for sale is one of the first Jim Torres built 935’s, JT1980-01 built to IMSA specification in 1980 on a 1978 Porsche tub.

Torres drove this 935 in several events prior to acquiring a K3 for himself. Torres subsequently sold this 935 to Australia where it was raced in Sports Sedans (Thunder Sports) & other events with several owner/drivers with great success.

Currently in a private collection where it’s housed next to 4 other factory 935 race cars. Here is your chance to acquire an IMSA spec built 935 that was built in the heyday of 935 racing using the majority of factory 935 parts for its construction.

935 twin plug flat fan engine from Clayton Cunningham Racing 3.5 liter capacity (CCR935-01)

Single turbo with intercooler 

Bosch mechanical fuel pump 

935 upside down gearbox 

BBS center lock wheels 

All induction & ignition gear included

935 lollipop seat  

This 935 is being sold as a project ready for its next owner to have it recommissioned. 

Can be raced in historic events, Rennsport type events, Club events etc.

Located in Melbourne Australia we will assist with shipping, Contact James for further information. UTC/GMT +10

$595000.00 USD

668607.jpg

1 hour ago, Schnell said:

I can't believe both are still available!

1 hour ago, Schnell said:

Both cars are Targa's with limited appeal traditionally - however investors & flippers didnt seem to care & for a few years, kept prices up.

Otherwise this shows that the air-cooled price bubble is slowly deflating and cars are running out of investor/buyers.

Yeah I’m pretty surprised too. Have always loved a targa actually.

just waiting to move on my watercooled car (very difficult in lockdown) Otherwise I would probably jump on one.

Having said that, it means they’re still out there at a reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Both cars are Targa's with limited appeal traditionally - however investors & flippers didnt seem to care & for a few years, kept prices up.

Otherwise this shows that the air-cooled price bubble is slowly deflating and cars are running out of investor/buyers.

Bubble is bigger than ever. A tidy Silver Aussie delivered G50 with close to 240,000kms sold off market for $225k. It's a tidy car, but nothing spectacular. A friend of mine had someone follow him home and kept upping the offer over a few weeks. At a certain point, you can't really say no. 

I can assure you most of the deals on these cars are not done on carsales. I'd say less than 50% from past experience. I've purchased 3 cars. All off market. One off a WTB post on Facebook. 

6 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect Matt will make a nice little commission on this one 🙂 

But what do you do with it if you bought it?

Can't be registered in Aus in my understanding being LHD and not eligible for historic rego? Expensive track car or garage art :)

4 hours ago, wangan said:

Bubble is bigger than ever. A tidy Silver Aussie delivered G50 with close to 240,000kms sold off market for $225k. It's a tidy car, but nothing spectacular. A friend of mine had someone follow him home and kept upping the offer over a few weeks. At a certain point, you can't really say no. 

I can assure you most of the deals on these cars are not done on carsales. I'd say less than 50% from past experience. I've purchased 3 cars. All off market. One off a WTB post on Facebook. 

I have been offered a few at a reasonable price and they have all been off market. That’s where it’s at. None of the sellers are interested in going anywhere near Carsales. 

3 hours ago, Schnell said:

I have been offered a few at a reasonable price and they have all been off market. That’s where it’s at. None of the sellers are interested in going anywhere near Carsales. 

I don't blame them, as that's the last place I'd advertise my air cooled