Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Ya think? 😅

Great photos, especially the magazine quality full side shot of the car, but the blurb did my head in

This is up there in price  😳

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/838272290214270/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2fb0c9ca-5958-42d5-84cb-2a9f732ac64c

I think it must be in a closet 

22 hours ago, hugh said:

Can we please stop shit posting Fords. There is a page on FB called "Low income single dads cars" and it's full of them, take the conversation over there.................

You meant FERRINO ? Not me nor a mate or my dear mum ever owned one 

27 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Knew would be listed POA before clicking the link. Pity will most likely not see the track racing where it belongs!

When Peter Champion owned it , he did do full noise exhibition and parade laps with it at SMSP and I would say other circuits ,when the Muscle car and historic events were on ..

I was actually surprised when he sold the car it did not go for more ..

On 06/10/2021 at 17:34, LeeM said:

That looks to be one of the very first 1000 Z's, so if you are into them it is the one to have. Mine was 1510, so just after, and there are a few differences (vents on the hatch under the back window, and 240z badge on the C pillar were only on the early cars). Beautiful cars, but when I drove it back to back with my similar aged 911 there was no comparison. Great to look at, terrible to drive.

20 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Shows well priced cars move fast. And those that aren’t well priced

Yup! Totally agree… the cars that are priced right move fast, I think the timing of the sale is indicative of the market more than the bullshit prices most owners are asking! And there is no end of it… we’ve seen this show before, sensibility will return at some point! 

how will we know you ask? Well currently there’s 31 996 Carrera Cabs on the market, which is literally the least desired example of a 911 you can ask for in most enthusiasts view, of the 31 for sale, they’re of various flavour, but only 9 of them are sub $60k and each and every one of those 9 have sat for weeks or months let alone the higher priced stuff! 

this tide didn’t lift all boats evidently ^^ 

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Have seen this car advertised before.  I think I commented back then on the gorgeous 'chocolate' interior. Love it. 

Given it's a UK delivered car, price is fair discount compared to prices in the 'Australian delivered' market. 

On 08/10/2021 at 22:10, Turra said:

FFS is this a Porsche site?

Considering the amount of quality content that MFX has contributed to not only this forum but also on youtube with his own amazing Porsche ground up build, I think the bloke is entitled to post up an old Zed for sale

i would also think that the majority of us would find it interesting…

On 08/10/2021 at 22:06, MFX said:

That looks to be one of the very first 1000 Z's, so if you are into them it is the one to have. Mine was 1510, so just after, and there are a few differences (vents on the hatch under the back window, and 240z badge on the C pillar were only on the early cars). Beautiful cars, but when I drove it back to back with my similar aged 911 there was no comparison. Great to look at, terrible to drive.

Almost died in one as a kid, terrible car accident. It was beyond written off, however many were here, there is definitely one less.

9 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

I was interested in this car actually. Seemed good value. Wonder what the ppi uncovered.

I was curious about that too, when I saw it having the PPI I expected it would soon be removed from Carsales so something has obviously put the buyer off it.

17 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

That car was at Weltmeister for a PPI this week, the buyer must not have gone ahead. 

English 997's have a terrible reputation for bore scoring, Reputable UK car yards wont touch them - unless they have a Hartech rebuilt motor (5000 ++ GBP).

However selling them as-is to the unsuspecting Colonies is a typical Arthur Daley solution !!!

37 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

English 997's have a terrible reputation for bore scoring, Reputable UK car yards wont touch them - unless they have a Hartech rebuilt motor (5000 ++ GBP).

However selling them as-is to the unsuspecting Colonies is a typical Arthur Daley solution !!!

Why do you say that Uk delivered 997 suffer from bore scoring, why are different to US, AUS, Japanese & European delivered cars